Page 3 of 252 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
    IV is Incum Village or intravenous? Or both?
    You got some good stuff to hook up to the latter?
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Trimmer at lunchtime, 8/30
    Last edited by travis; 08-30-2010 at 03:21 PM.

^^^It snowed tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by huck4bucks View Post
    Let me know if you're up for beers somewhere. Always good to have more maggots in Incline.

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    I'd be down for some kinda IV maggot get together, beers, bike ride or ?????

Incline maggot get together!
    I'm down.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    ^^^It snowed tomorrow?
    don't be a dumbass. it snowed tonight.

Haven't gotten my August turns in yet. Down to the wire. Job interview in Oaktown tomorrow. Dropping off some skis with TurxSki, then going to find a patch to slide on. Can't wait for the real season to kick in. Was just checking out the new online map that Alpine Meadows put up. It names a bunch of runs that old maps didn't show. Plus some video stoke - one of which has scenes with TheDad's oldest.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

This pretty much solidifies Raccoon's decision....

Quote Originally Posted by Nuthon View Post

8/29/2010

Loving the Stoke!

It's just so sick that there's other people to geek with about a season that probably won't be full-on until many more days of biking, climbing, and surfing passes.

None-the-less, epic sunrise shot Jim, and Dookey, my 2 cents is when snow falls and you can ski it, the season has started. As someone that tries to ski in every month like yourself, I've found October to be that month. For example, last year the foot+ that randomly fell at Heavenly in early October, Gimpy and I had a few days of legit pow, which ='s new season. However, snow falling, like yesterday, makes it worthy enough to argue that the new season is upon us. It would be helpful if someone skied some pow to show us chumps what we missed...but patch skiing, RT/CP patches, etc. are from last year, so like the fresh turns you can get in southern hemi right now, those are adding on to your "last" year days. But just my 2 cents, really it's whatever you think it is

I'll try and post a few of the good shots (in a regular post so some people don't get all bent out of shape, like they do) from most of May and July spent on Denali, and an epic run through New Zealand I just got back from. Full length articles/pieces will be on Unofficial Squaw and Skiing the Backcountry at some point.

I'll see any jonesers later this week for some September turns...and here's a few shots that are from last season, but worthy for stoke for the upcoming one...tele-ripper dropping 3rd Pill and 2 definition blower shots...

shit is popping and brewing out in the pacific and it's shaping up to be a strong la nina year. see here for geek'ing out on it:

http://tahoeweatherdiscussion.com/

bring it

get some sinecure......
    “83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Was just checking out the new online map that Alpine Meadows put up. It names a bunch of runs that old maps didn't show.
    It looks the same to me. What are you seein?
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

G2A, did it have those pop-up run descriptions and videos/photos last year? Plus all the names on stuff like Butcher Block Rock, Buttress, etc?

Its looking like I have an interview from 8-9 and another from 10-11. Then I'm heading toward K-wood and the patches, with a short break at 1 to do a phone interview. Hopefully by Wednesday I'll have a new job and some turns in both August and September.

I'll be camping somewhere around Forestdale Rd./Kwood. PM me with your phone number if you're interested in connecting for some fun.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

^^^ Buttress and Butcher Block Rock have been on the trail map for years. I've got a PDF trail map dated 2006 and they are both on it.

Quote Originally Posted by guermo View Post
    Incline maggot get together!
    I'm down.
    Chinese/Tyrolean/DP Downhill to T's on Wed?
    Turning is for when things get in your way ||

I'll be camping somewhere around Forestdale Rd./Kwood. PM me with your phone number if you're interested in connecting for some fun.
    It sounds like fun Sinecure but schooliosis started for me this week plus I am guiding a canyoneering trip this weekend for my summer job. September is always a challenge with multiple jobs in balance.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

gotta love the entusiasm around here... peeps still getting it in august/september

sinecure: I actually spent some time contemplating if I should drive down there tomorrow but probably not going to make it this time
    If you french fry when you pizza you're going to have a bad time.

heading out to roundtop with the dog... gotta get those august turns!

the most snow you'll find closest to kirkwood is behind chair 10. this is from last tuesday ([ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198777"]California is Pretty Awesome[/ame]).

i'm guessing the biggest field in the entire area (including carson pass) is the one under the radio tower above emigrant lake.

For easiest turns...just drive to the 'Patch'. For a little more adventure, park at Woods lake and go up towards Round Top and Round Top Lake. Just PM Vets for more 'current' beta. I'll be up there this weekend, but there shall be no mention of patch skiing to save my marriage

so are we goin skiing or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by huck4bucks View Post
    Chinese/Tyrolean/DP Downhill to T's on Wed?
    ahh man that sounds fun, but i'm 8-5 guy right now!

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    For easiest turns...just drive to the 'Patch'. For a little more adventure, park at Woods lake and go up towards Round Top and Round Top Lake. Just PM Vets for more 'current' beta. I'll be up there this weekend, but there shall be no mention of patch skiing to save my marriage
    that's weird, i never considered using patch skiing to save my marriage. who'da thunk it?

ahh man that sounds fun, but i'm 8-5 guy right now!
    5:30 or 6pm? We could just shuttle it to save time if needed (or desired).

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    5:30 or 6pm? We could just shuttle it to save time if needed (or desired).
    Yeah that could work for me, Jim?

Yeah that could work for me, Jim?
    A 5:30 shuttle sounds perfect. Where to meet?
    Turning is for when things get in your way ||