Page 7 of 252 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    ^ ahhh right, that whole episode.

I suppose that would be the difference between:
    pulling a "schralph in the gnar"
    and "schralpin the gnar"

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by DanKo View Post
    Back in CO, transfering back to another chapter, but the last few years exploring the Tahoe mountains was tits. This thread always delivered crazy f*cks willing to huck shit I wouldn't touch.
    Was it something we said?

Sorry you had to move on. Fun running up the hill with you. Will pour a little out at the top of Funny Bunny on a pow day while doing the whole kiss-the-peace-sign-point-toward-the-sky-in-slo-mo bit.

Good luck, mang.

Holy poop on a stick! I washed my truck and now weather starts coming in! If I had the time I would wash my truck every day this week! Guess I gotta wax my skis. The 90 degree weather we have coming this weekend should melt the wax nicely.

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Hit up Lola again today for some Bacardi De La Soul action (day 151, 3 runs).

It's getting burnt, but still skiable (if making 6 medium sized turns fits your definition of skiable).

Can't tell if somebody else was up there or if my lines from last week were still visible (I came across a ton of recent hiking boot prints on the hike up).

Good news is that I tried a new logging road and cut my approach by an hour and 5 minutes. Will probably hit it up again next week and try yet another road to get even closer.

Not too shabby for September, though.
    Dooks, we are heading up on Sunday for our Sept turns. Do you think Lola still go's? We have been pillaging CP and it would be nice to see some new country.

Vets, what updates do you have on CP? Any of the goods you directed us to in Aug still go?
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

I might be up for some CP turns this weekend. How's it look?

Sonora Pass? LL Rd?

Vets?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Me 'n Vets hit up Lola last Saturday. It's still holding snow up on the ridge, just underneath the offical summit sign, but the longest stretch is down to 6-7 turns with much of the patches being 2-4 turns, tops. The snow is variable with lots of bugged out runnel moguls and ice strips.

I also returned to Lola on the dolo this past Tuesday. I hit up some NW facing patches that were 2 turns in length, steep, and NFZ into the ravine. Not terribly worth the trek (the hike out was all uphill and steep). I revisited the patches Vets and I skied on Sat and they're still holding, but the runnels and moguls had gotten deeper the the snow was a bit funkier (starting to ice up in spots).

It's hard to say if it's worth the trek from the Bay and I cannot tell you if CP is better, though methinks it probably is.

Also you absolutely need a 4X4 with clearance to hit the Lola joints, unless you want a long-a$$ approach...

PS:
    Vets is in LV for the remainder of the week, so not sure if he'll be checking in. But since I've been patching it up with him just about every weekend for the past 2 months, I can say that neither of us have hit Sonora Pass area since they first popped Leavitt Lake Road back in August (http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...highlight=Vets)
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I'll pipe in. I made the big move out west for a job and now have none of my Nebraska/colorado brohas to ride with. I'm proficient at groomers and the occasional blue. I also enjoy wearing my carhart suit and talking about double black diamonds. I guess what I'm trying to say is I need some people to ride with. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a alpine pass and I'm FINALLY getting into touring and taking a class around the turn of the year so somebody to tour with would also be handy come beginning of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiNebraski View Post
    I also enjoy wearing my carhart suit and talking about double black diamonds. I guess what I'm trying to say is I need some people to ride with. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a alpine pass and I'm FINALLY getting into touring and taking a class around the turn of the year so somebody to tour with would also be handy come beginning of next year.
    Post when you're going up to Alpine and, if you won't be in Carhartts, let us know what you're wearing. Rare is the day that Alpine isn't populated by maggots.
    not counting days 2016-17

Hey everyone. I've rearranged the first post a bit and added two posts. Post 6 is the Start Haus Mag deal (not yet updated) and post 9 is for places to eat. I've added a couple of places I like to go so if you're around and can't think of anything to eat or don't know where to go you could get on your phone and find somewhere in the area you're in.

If there is somewhere you'd like to add google map it and post the link to the map, the name of the place and what they serve so we can build a "local's list" of places to go.

okbye

EDIT:
    One more thing. I have JUST THE FIRST POST saved on my phone. That way I can use the links in it and not crash my phone's browser loading the entire first page. To do this click the number in the upper right of the first post (it should be #1; this post is #160). That will take you to the view of just the first post, then save that link to your favorites.

Hell, here it is:
    [ame="http://tetongravity.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2960563&postcount=1"]Teton Gravity Research Forums - View Single Post - 10/11 Tahoe Weather, Conditions, Stoke, and What's Up Thread[/ame]

okbye again
    Last edited by RaccoonFace; 09-25-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Here, I'll help you out:
    RENO SUPERMOTO

^^^ That is some bit of phone genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    ^^^ That is some bit of phone genius.
    Thanks. I have some time to burn since the days look something like this:

okbye

Here, I'll help you out:
    RENO SUPERMOTO

We hit up one of the RT patches yesterday. I dunno about the 99 bit....the patch was a rock hard frozen chunk of suncupped ice! Definitely felt like early fall up there!

We were heading to the patch lookers left of the peak:

Colors are turn'n up high. BigWatty heading up:

This is what is left of our August Patch. We were heading higher on this trip:

A few late season stragglers:

Almost looks like the eastside:

As we crested the ridge the biggest patch we had skied since June came into view. We were super stoked......

Time to eat and gear up.

....our excitement was quickly replaced with doubt as we quickly realized the patch was actually a mix of rock hard sun cups and sheet ice. I think this may be the start of a glacier!

Giving up on trying to bootpack the ice, we headed up the shale. The things we do to chase our passion???

We Tried to work a sliver of sun which put a light layer of corn down:

BigWatty making it look like he wasn't about to shit his pants!

Back in the shade, this was right before both he and I went on Death slides....him self arresting, me rock arresting!

After the ice slide, we got back in the sun for some fun corn covered sun moguls:

September: Check! See ya in October!
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

^Y'all hit up East Bowl (http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ight=East+Bowl), which you def have to time so that you ski it in the sun, otherwise you get stuck with that wondrous ice y'all encountered.

me 'n Vets lost out on turns this past Sunday due to a topo map glitch which resulted in us taking a bugged out 4X4 access road (note to self: "Road Closed" signs in the BC are usually posted up for good reason!). as a result we only got a regular hike in (which did allow us to scope out some potentially gnarly future lines down in the Eastern Sierras). And yeah, it def wasn't 90 where we were, it was actually warm and mild.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    kona12, I'm impressed with the effort and dedication.
    Was the glacial looking pond still there at the bottom of the bowl/top of the creek?
    Eastbowl is usually a better morning to early afternoon run due to the sun/shade situation there. I wonder how "The October Patch" is holding up. It is a better mid to late afternoon run due to its northwest exposure.

The significant snow that dookey67 and I saw was also getting a near full dose of afternoon shade, so it might have been a bit hardened too. It will continue to call us until it is skied one day.

Hey! I only report the news, I don't make it. Besides, the 15 degree difference between Squaw, Olympic Valley, and Truckee made my common sense tingle. That's why the others are there.

Nice late summer TR Kona!

okbye
    Last edited by RaccoonFace; 09-28-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Here, I'll help you out:
    RENO SUPERMOTO

God bless you patch skiers - I just don't see how you do it... Especially with all of the other fine summer activities California offers.

On an unrelated note, Enginerd and I climbed the W. Ridge of Conness on Sunday - what a sick alpine climb...

May as well throw in the awesome sunset from Ragged Peak (note Cathedral off in the distance)...

I do want snow soon though - Chile light the fire again for skiing...

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    kona12, I'm impressed with the effort and dedication.
    Was the glacial looking pond still there at the bottom of the bowl/top of the creek?
    Eastbowl is usually a better morning to early afternoon run due to the sun/shade situation there. I wonder how "The October Patch" is holding up. It is a better mid to late afternoon run due to its northwest exposure.

The significant snow that dookey67 and I saw was also getting a near full dose of afternoon shade, so it might have been a bit hardened too. It will continue to call us until it is skied one day.
    What is weird about the effort is that it didn't seem to much higher that what we hit in August but the east bowl adventure definitely kicked both of our asses. I was actually sore on Monday! I think maybe it is that the final approach is all up loose shale?

Yes that little pond is still down there.

We were getting a kick out of all of your patch names...trying to figure out which was which. I think we hit Method man in August. As for the October patch, is it off of Elephant back by Frog lake or is it off of RT?

OP is off RT en route to 7/4...

Not much for me to add other than this shot I got from my seat flying home from New York on September 12th, 2010...

Just South of Mammoth/Yosemite:

Saw those same patches the other day as well 666. It was stupid how excited I got. I started pointing and telling the uninterested lady in a mumu next to me about how much snow there was down there. She seemed pissed I interrupted her Dragon Tattoo book.

The muu-muu didn't tip you off?
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Not much for me to add other than this shot I got from my seat flying home from New York on September 12th, 2010...[/IMG]
    Yeah, I always love the flight coming East accross the Sierra over Northern YNP. Coming back from South America via Dallas a couple of weeks ago, flew in right over the Valley (usually come a little further South), and got sweet views of HD, the top of El Cap and Cathedral Spires, etc... Really cool stuff.

But man, I would really like to get back to skiing. Snow forecast for Sunday for High Sierra - at least it is a start (although it derailed climbing pans).

With that note, how about some Tahoe ski stoke from a place with snow?

[ame="http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200193"][/ame]

^^^^ HELL YEA! Keep posting up like that! I need to see more snow!

Hey Alka, thanks for the poster it kills! I don't know if I sent you a reply since you sent it to me, but thank you!

Is anyone going to the MSP premier Monday?

okbye

EDIT:
    This is tomorrow...

Here, I'll help you out:
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonFace View Post
    ^^^^ HELL YEA! Keep posting up like that! I need to see more snow!
    Click the picture then - links to the associated South America TR from a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer View Post
    With that note, how about some Tahoe ski stoke from a place with snow?
    Tahoe summer snow stoke from Little Truckee area right here, amigo: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...highlight=lola