Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

K2 Dispatch series

Anyone been on these yet? Blister just posted their first look of the Dispatch 120, and it looks pretty intriguing… ~1825g for the 186 length, 29m sidecut, beautiful rocker profile - kinda reminds me of the 4FRNT Renegade but with a little bit of camber underfoot. Specs alone have me interested in these as a PNW pow touring setup for next season.

https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...2-dispatch-120

They have metal...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

They look very fucking nice

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    They have metal...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I just meant the rocker profile with the Renegade comparison.

I wish the 110 wasn't so ugly.

110 looks like a hoji with a little camber?

... and the 101 looks like the Raven...weird
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

This shit is hilarious
    Stated Dimensions: 139-120-130 mm

Blister’s Measured Dimensions: 138.8-119.4-129.5 mm
    TYFYS

mixed reviews on the skis from folks so far. Decent touring rig for lighter folks who are generally more technical skiers.

I spent most of the winter on either the 120 or the 101 and was quite impressed. Coming off a Raven/Renegade setup the past few seasons I was hoping the K2s would be more similar - but they do feel quite different. Both the 120 and the 101 feel lighter and more walking-oriented than the 4FRNTs. Great skis for those of us who don't mind walking a lot to ski cool stuff.

The 120 is super super easy to ski, and loves to go fast in pow, but can pivot on a dime in tight trees and chutes. Given our not-so-deep Teton winter I didn't get that much opportunity to ski really deep snow, but they feel like a lighter, more poppy Renegade thats easier to set and edge and "carve" in deep snow. The little bit of underfoot camber goes a long way. The

The 101 is a very different animal than the Ravens. Where I feel the ravens are just as pivot-y and smeary as the Renegades, and allow you to get away with poor edging technique, the Dispatches require much more intentional turn initiation. While they don't weigh in super light, they feel light on your feet and the lack of sidecut and long effective edge make them a great steep skiing ski in firm conditions and in corn. I had a lot of fun this spring skiing in Cham on them, even on wide open mellow glacier slopes where you can just open it up and milk big turns. They don't feel very responsive in snow any deeper than your boots, so I did not like them much in pow. Another point is that the recommended mount point is super far back, so I ended up re-mounting them to +2 or so and that helped get a more centered stance on the ski to replicate what I liked so much about the responsiveness of the Raven.

www.experiencedgear.net

That was painful. I really hope the skis are better than this interview.

A bottle of whiskey on the table. A fat fuck in a flannel shirt speaking as a designer.

It was hard to get through the first three minutes. “We were wasted last night.” “Thanks for that.”

As a recovering alcoholic, I can’t imagine a worse image trying to sell any athletic tool.

Those bags under the eyes, the double chin, and that red nose are not a good look for skiing. Goofy ass hat that doesn't fit.

My lord.

Remember when athletes used to push designs? Goggle tans. Tight jaws. Burly looking fuckers. Thin and fit.

And now you have the infamous drunk Gaijin over here pointing his finger at you. WTF are you thinking, K2? How dare you be in worse shape than myself?

Interesting that the Blister reviewer seems to be more of a skier than the K2 Designer. It's like a journalist schooling a lawyer.
    Last edited by gaijin; 05-12-2022 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    A bottle of whiskey on the table. A fat fuck in a flannel shirt speaking as a designer.
    Give them a break, they're sponsored. It's called product placement. Jed is the designer, though, along with Peter B., and they've done some good work on the Mindbender series, hungover or not.

It was hard to get through the first three minutes. “We were wasted last night.” “Thanks for that.”

As a recovering alcoholic, I can’t imagine a worse image trying to sell any athletic tool.

Those bags under the eyes, the double chin, and that red nose are not a good look for skiing. Goofy ass hat that doesn't fit.

My lord.

Remember when athletes used to push designs? Goggle tans. Tight jaws. Burly looking fuckers. Thin and fit.

And now you have the infamous drunk Gaijin over here pointing his finger at you. WTF are you thinking, K2? How dare you be in worse shape than myself?

Interesting that the Blister reviewer seems to be more of a skier than the K2 Designer. It's like a journalist schooling a lawyer.

Perception vs. reality are two very different things...

www.experiencedgear.net

My lord.

Not commenting on the choice of beverages, but FWIW, I believe Jed raced at either Middlebury or Dartmouth College. Been a while, but I've skied with him a few times going back to a brief period overlapping at K2, and he rips. He knows his shit, on snow and regarding design & engineering, and I'll leave it at that.

Awesome to hear. Was he responsible for the mindbenders? That line kind of brought k2 back. I hope, and anticipate that this dispatch series progresses their lineup further.

I hope he starts to take care of himself. Sorry for the callout. I’d never have the balls to call out someone’s health in person the way I did here.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Awesome to hear. Was he responsible for the mindbenders? That line kind of brought k2 back.
    Yep that's his ski

www.experiencedgear.net

I hope he starts to take care of himself. Sorry for the callout. I’d never have the balls to call out someone’s health in person the way I did here.
    Give it a rest, then.

K2 Dispatch series

(Translation software joke that didn’t go)
    Last edited by gaijin; 05-13-2022 at 03:53 PM.

K2 Dispatch series

Asdf
    Last edited by gaijin; 05-13-2022 at 03:53 PM.

K2 is happy if you buy Völkls, too.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    K2 is happy if you buy Völkls, too.
    I mean, the Dispatch series is kinda just a low budget BMT...

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    I mean, the Dispatch series is kinda just a low budget BMT...
    The price difference is not that big over here - surprisingly small in fact given that BMTs are expensive as shit. Saw all three in person today and they look very interesting, in fact - they made me consider getting K2s... No, there is nothing wrong with K2, but I usually gravitate towards other, more niche brands.

FriFlyt - aka the people behind the skitest graphics I post all the time re below - seem to not like them much though. They gave the 110 6/10 - which is super low by how they usually score things - while the 120 did slightly better at 7/10. I have not read the reviews. They often like K2's more turnier offerings, I dunno.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1665052459-k2-dispatch-120.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	432355Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1665053737-k2-dispatch-110.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	432356

It will be interesting to get more feedback on them as people get them out in the wild.

FYI: 182cm dispatch 101 for sale. PM me

Anyone else getting days on these? Particularly interested in the 110. I'm surprised these haven't gottem more traction considering all the folks clamoring for touring skis with larger radii. Coming in at reasonable weights and adult lengths. Seems like a TGR ski

Jed is the man. He is a wonderful, kind human. He is also wicked fast skiing and on a bike.

The K2 offerings have been fantastic over the past few years. Reckoner, mindbender, dispatch, poacher.

I've been skiing the 120. Really, really fun. Quick edge to edge in soft snow. Lots of life at speed. Amazing torsional rigidity for such a light ski.