Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    179

    K2 Dispatch series

    Anyone been on these yet? Blister just posted their first look of the Dispatch 120, and it looks pretty intriguing… ~1825g for the 186 length, 29m sidecut, beautiful rocker profile - kinda reminds me of the 4FRNT Renegade but with a little bit of camber underfoot. Specs alone have me interested in these as a PNW pow touring setup for next season.

    https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...2-dispatch-120

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    2,036
    They have metal...

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    1,422
    They look very fucking nice

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    They have metal...

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I just meant the rocker profile with the Renegade comparison.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,818
    I wish the 110 wasn't so ugly.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    137
    110 looks like a hoji with a little camber?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Grandma's Basement
    Posts
    755
    ... and the 101 looks like the Raven...weird
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

    www.experiencedgear.net

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    voting in seattle
    Posts
    4,910
    This shit is hilarious
    Stated Dimensions: 139-120-130 mm

    Blister’s Measured Dimensions: 138.8-119.4-129.5 mm
    TYFYS

    mixed reviews on the skis from folks so far. Decent touring rig for lighter folks who are generally more technical skiers.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    17
    I spent most of the winter on either the 120 or the 101 and was quite impressed. Coming off a Raven/Renegade setup the past few seasons I was hoping the K2s would be more similar - but they do feel quite different. Both the 120 and the 101 feel lighter and more walking-oriented than the 4FRNTs. Great skis for those of us who don't mind walking a lot to ski cool stuff.

    The 120 is super super easy to ski, and loves to go fast in pow, but can pivot on a dime in tight trees and chutes. Given our not-so-deep Teton winter I didn't get that much opportunity to ski really deep snow, but they feel like a lighter, more poppy Renegade thats easier to set and edge and "carve" in deep snow. The little bit of underfoot camber goes a long way. The

    The 101 is a very different animal than the Ravens. Where I feel the ravens are just as pivot-y and smeary as the Renegades, and allow you to get away with poor edging technique, the Dispatches require much more intentional turn initiation. While they don't weigh in super light, they feel light on your feet and the lack of sidecut and long effective edge make them a great steep skiing ski in firm conditions and in corn. I had a lot of fun this spring skiing in Cham on them, even on wide open mellow glacier slopes where you can just open it up and milk big turns. They don't feel very responsive in snow any deeper than your boots, so I did not like them much in pow. Another point is that the recommended mount point is super far back, so I ended up re-mounting them to +2 or so and that helped get a more centered stance on the ski to replicate what I liked so much about the responsiveness of the Raven.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Grandma's Basement
    Posts
    755
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

    www.experiencedgear.net

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,815
    That was painful. I really hope the skis are better than this interview.

    A bottle of whiskey on the table. A fat fuck in a flannel shirt speaking as a designer.

    It was hard to get through the first three minutes. “We were wasted last night.” “Thanks for that.”

    As a recovering alcoholic, I can’t imagine a worse image trying to sell any athletic tool.

    Those bags under the eyes, the double chin, and that red nose are not a good look for skiing. Goofy ass hat that doesn't fit.

    My lord.

    Remember when athletes used to push designs? Goggle tans. Tight jaws. Burly looking fuckers. Thin and fit.

    And now you have the infamous drunk Gaijin over here pointing his finger at you. WTF are you thinking, K2? How dare you be in worse shape than myself?

    Interesting that the Blister reviewer seems to be more of a skier than the K2 Designer. It's like a journalist schooling a lawyer.
    Last edited by gaijin; 05-12-2022 at 06:59 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    西 雅 圖
    Posts
    4,618
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    A bottle of whiskey on the table. A fat fuck in a flannel shirt speaking as a designer.
    Give them a break, they're sponsored. It's called product placement. Jed is the designer, though, along with Peter B., and they've done some good work on the Mindbender series, hungover or not.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Grandma's Basement
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    That was painful. I really hope the skis are better than this interview.

    A bottle of whiskey on the table. A fat fuck in a flannel shirt speaking as a designer.

    It was hard to get through the first three minutes. “We were wasted last night.” “Thanks for that.”

    As a recovering alcoholic, I can’t imagine a worse image trying to sell any athletic tool.

    Those bags under the eyes, the double chin, and that red nose are not a good look for skiing. Goofy ass hat that doesn't fit.

    My lord.

    Remember when athletes used to push designs? Goggle tans. Tight jaws. Burly looking fuckers. Thin and fit.

    And now you have the infamous drunk Gaijin over here pointing his finger at you. WTF are you thinking, K2? How dare you be in worse shape than myself?

    Interesting that the Blister reviewer seems to be more of a skier than the K2 Designer. It's like a journalist schooling a lawyer.

    Perception vs. reality are two very different things...
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

    www.experiencedgear.net

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    That was painful. I really hope the skis are better than this interview.

    A bottle of whiskey on the table. A fat fuck in a flannel shirt speaking as a designer.

    It was hard to get through the first three minutes. “We were wasted last night.” “Thanks for that.”

    As a recovering alcoholic, I can’t imagine a worse image trying to sell any athletic tool.

    Those bags under the eyes, the double chin, and that red nose are not a good look for skiing. Goofy ass hat that doesn't fit.

    My lord.

    Remember when athletes used to push designs? Goggle tans. Tight jaws. Burly looking fuckers. Thin and fit.

    And now you have the infamous drunk Gaijin over here pointing his finger at you. WTF are you thinking, K2? How dare you be in worse shape than myself?

    Interesting that the Blister reviewer seems to be more of a skier than the K2 Designer. It's like a journalist schooling a lawyer.
    Not commenting on the choice of beverages, but FWIW, I believe Jed raced at either Middlebury or Dartmouth College. Been a while, but I've skied with him a few times going back to a brief period overlapping at K2, and he rips. He knows his shit, on snow and regarding design & engineering, and I'll leave it at that.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,815
    Awesome to hear. Was he responsible for the mindbenders? That line kind of brought k2 back. I hope, and anticipate that this dispatch series progresses their lineup further.

    I hope he starts to take care of himself. Sorry for the callout. I’d never have the balls to call out someone’s health in person the way I did here.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Grandma's Basement
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Awesome to hear. Was he responsible for the mindbenders? That line kind of brought k2 back.
    Yep that's his ski
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

    www.experiencedgear.net

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I hope he starts to take care of himself. Sorry for the callout. I’d never have the balls to call out someone’s health in person the way I did here.
    Give it a rest, then.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,815

    K2 Dispatch series

    (Translation software joke that didn’t go)
    Last edited by gaijin; 05-13-2022 at 03:53 PM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,815

    K2 Dispatch series

    Asdf
    Last edited by gaijin; 05-13-2022 at 03:53 PM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    西 雅 圖
    Posts
    4,618
    K2 is happy if you buy Völkls, too.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    K2 is happy if you buy Völkls, too.
    I mean, the Dispatch series is kinda just a low budget BMT...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •