Check Out Our Shop

Anybody wanna go ride White Rim May 10-13?

Our crew has a white rim trip scheduled from May 10-13, Fri-Mon. Looks like the group can’t go. So I’ve got the permit with no current plans. Might have a back up plan but not sure yet.

Anybody interested? It’s counter clockwise so going the good way. 3 nights at pretty much the perfect campsites.

Anybody want it if I can’t use it?

Or should we do a White Rim BBI? Sounds pretty cool actually…

Anyway lemme know if you’d either want it or would be interested in joining a group of mags.

delete - that's Mothers Day weekend, I can't.

So, nights of 10, 11, 12?

If you don't want to publicly post campsites, can you text/pm then to me?

I have a possible conflict on the 10th, but it is possible, need to think some on it.

You probably know this, but the permit isn't transferrable (ie technically you have to go) but whether anyone checks or not is a different question.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Why do you think counter clockwise is the good way? I've done both and never had a preference. But I'm always driving the 4wd sections so maybe I'm missing something.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Didn't post the campsites cause I don't remember them for sure off the top of my head, but I think it's hardscrabble, murphy, airport.

Counterclockwise starts with the most boring stuff (ride out from the visitor's center if you choose to do it, then the dirt road out to the drop) and slowly gets more spectacular almost by the mile, until the climb out on Shafer. Literally gets better the whole way. Doing it the other way in anticlimactic in my opinion - you finish on a dirt road and then the highway. People don't like the climb out on Shafer - yeah that's hard, sure, but it's an accomplishment. And it's breathtaking, so the whole time you're suffering you're also smiling.

And then you crest out and you're done done. Pretty awesome feeling. The other direction ... eh.

I always shuttle it, leave a car just past the visitors center if going counter and at the top of mineral bottom if clockwise. If you are doing the trip with cars, biking the road is a waste of time and energy imo.

ETA: and if you take the boring road out of the equation, both ways are fantastic IMO. Hitting the river at the end of the trip is just as cool as doing it counterclockwise towards Shafer.
    Last edited by Danno; 04-16-2024 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Didn't post the campsites cause I don't remember them for sure off the top of my head, but I think it's hardscrabble, murphy, airport.

Counterclockwise starts with the most boring stuff (ride out from the visitor's center if you choose to do it, then the dirt road out to the drop) and slowly gets more spectacular almost by the mile, until the climb out on Shafer. Literally gets better the whole way. Doing it the other way in anticlimactic in my opinion - you finish on a dirt road and then the highway. People don't like the climb out on Shafer - yeah that's hard, sure, but it's an accomplishment. And it's breathtaking, so the whole time you're suffering you're also smiling.

And then you crest out and you're done done. Pretty awesome feeling. The other direction ... eh.
    I agree with this completely. Counterclockwise is the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I’ve done it both ways multiple times. I hate climbing schaffers 80 miles in if doing it in a day. Otherwise, zero difference for me. Camping along the green is awesome and camp sites are all pretty barren, but scenic. Just getting the permit from someone like this is awesome!!

Hmmmm, I might be interested.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Hmmmm, I might be interested.
    Really? Email me.

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

damn: I would love to do this. but can't take a week off

Ok last call. Trip leaves on Friday. I’m gonna cancel soon here so holler if ya want the permits. Yeah they are in my name. No, I’ve never had anyone check to make sure the names match an ID.