Check Out Our Shop
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Team View Post
    It would helpful if people continue posting current issues in just this thread, so we don't have to track 4 different threads to find out what is fixed and what isn't. When it's all posted in one thread it is also possible to point the tech folks to this thread for descriptions of the issues, rather than distill a bunch of posts in a bunch of different threads.

And FWIW, some stuff gets fixed but according to the technical folks, it can take a while to propagate.
    Are you Mods/Tech Folks aware of this issue?

When I initially come in to the site (not logged in) using this URL...

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/index.php

It initially loads the forums page, then redirects with another URL and shortly thereafter barfs with this error message...

414 Request-URI Too Large

If I grab the redirected URL before it goes to the error message It's a long (127 kb saved into a text file) one that looks like this (I added <<< >>> to enclose the URL)...

<<<https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/%3C!DOCTYPE%20html%20PUBLIC%20%22-//W3C//DTD%20XHTML%201.0%20Transitional//EN%22%20%22http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd%22%3E%3C!--%20BEGIN%20TEMPLATE:%20FORUMHOME%20--%3E%3Chtml%20xmlns=%22http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml%22%20dir=%22ltr%22%20lang=%22en%22%20id=%22v bulletin_html%22%3E%3Chead%3E%3C!--%20BEGIN%20TEMPLATE:%20headinclude%20--%3E%3Cmeta%20http-equiv=%22Content-Type%22%20content=%22text/html;%20charset=utf-8%22%20/%3E%3Cmeta%20id=%22e_vb_meta_bburl%22%20name=%22vb _meta_bburl%22%20content=%22https://www.tetongravity.com/forums%22%20/%3E%3Cbase%20href=%22https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/%22%20/%3E%3C!-->>>

(It goes on and on.)

If I go back to the forums page after that all seems to work normally with regards to navigation throughout the site. And actually this seems to happen whether I start with the forums main page, or any specific location, e.g., this...

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...he-Padded-Room
    The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.

That one's been passed on but thanks for noting it. Unfortunately I suspect it's a symptom rather than the cause.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Btw I pointed out several months ago that I couldn’t log in using the log in button on the main forum page. My workaround for months has been to pretend to reply to a post, which gives me a log in function that works, and then cancel my Reply.
    Yes, and thank you for posting that workaround - I've been using it ever since!

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    FYI, I have been unable to login on mobile Safari or Debian based Brave since the changeover. Clicking the box for Remember Me on desktop browser worked to get past the login cycle.
    Combine this with yours and one can actually login to the site again!

In Edge 122.0.2365.92 (Official build) (64-bit), win 10 home, "Reply With Quote" works, but in "Go Advanced" I still do not see the "Manage Attachments". button.

I copied this attachment snippet from another thread to see if it displays. NOTE: I did not use "Manage attachments", just copied the tags from another post.

I still see this:

>>>>
    POSTING PERMISSIONS
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may edit your posts
    <<<<

where I did post an attachment, but I didn't upload it when creating this post.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I really miss being able to upload & post photos from my computer without having to use url. The lack of this function basically kills half the threads most of us visit- trip reports, conditions, observations, travel, cooking, dogs, life.....

OG members have been on here for more than 20 years. Lots of history, meaning, good times and loss. Love it or hate it, it is a community of sorts. I'd happily pitch in to patreon if it means the forum can live on with basic functionality. Something to consider.

Well, so far they aren’t making us upgrade to subscriptions for functionality.

Because that would suck.

Wouldn’t the Grateful Dead, Goose, JGB, and Calvin and Hobbes agree that would be very, very lame?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I really miss being able to upload & post photos from my computer without having to use url. The lack of this function basically kills half the threads most of us visit- trip reports, conditions, observations, travel, cooking, dogs, life.....

OG members have been on here for more than 20 years. Lots of history, meaning, good times and loss. Love it or hate it, it is a community of sorts. I'd happily pitch in to patreon if it means the forum can live on with basic functionality. Something to consider.
    you mean like the five days the uploader has been broken?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    you mean like the five days the uploader has been broken?
    I haven’t been able to upload from my phone for several weeks…
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Hopefully the upload gets fixed.

The option to upload somewhere else and then post via URL works, but it no longer includes the option to copy the image to TGR which is problematic.

Anyone who has been on forums a long time probably remembers the great photobucket debacle where photobucket decided to stop allowing their images to be linked on other sites.

This killed a lot of old threads (including here) and destroyed a huge amount of useful information. Showed everyone why you want the forum hosting their own copy of any media.

^ thx came here to post exactly that.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

I’m surprised that the app works for people. I haven’t been able to use that for years since an Apple upgrade.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

This recent meltdown has made the app more of a pain, but it was going strong there for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Team View Post
    It would helpful if people continue posting current issues in just this thread, so we don't have to track 4 different threads to find out what is fixed and what isn't. When it's all posted in one thread it is also possible to point the tech folks to this thread for descriptions of the issues, rather than distill a bunch of posts in a bunch of different threads.

And FWIW, some stuff gets fixed but according to the technical folks, it can take a while to propagate.
    Hey Mods, is the intention to eventually get things back to where they were before the recent changes, or will it be that uploading local image files that get stored on the TGR server will no longer be supported?

I know there are some other tech issues that people have reported, but that seems to be the one that's of most interest to the forum members. Just curious what the plan is?

Plan?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Think of the children.
    And think of the joy Viva brings to so, so many.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

The lonely redheads too.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Anyone else getting the red dot notification (full site, classic TGR blue) for a new PM but when you go to your inbox there is no new PM? Also, the read/not read color change that affected the whole forum didn't get fixed when viewing your PMs.

Not life or death compared to the image upload issue, but hey.
    I still call it The Jake.

Options to post pics etc no longer shows up

Down there
    \/ \/ \/ \/
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Photo Sharing
    Your forum has disabled photo sharing from this app.
    Well, I had to type it out since it wouldn’t let me post a screen capture. Is this the TGR Nannie State Trying to cure my phone addiction?
    Trying to add a little stoke, but I guess that’s not in the cards.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

/\ /\ /\
    Up There

Phone app would not let me in. Long time forum member avocado toast let me know he couldn’t login. Still can’t post pictures. Place will die shortly with out them

Test. Photo work?

Edit: I’m able to post pics from the tapatalk app. Just me?

Tapatalk test photo as well

^^^Are those uploaded photos/not externally hosted?

My question for the mods is will photo uploading from our devices come back or is TGR photo hosting going away. Is the goal to get things back to the way they were or is TGR changing things?

From above it looks like photo uploading may be active from Tapatalk. Tapatalk sucks and many of us don’t use it. Photo uploading still not an option on the desktop site (I just use that on my phone), or the app (never used it, not sure it’s still available).

We’d like photo uploading back across all platforms if possible.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

they’re working on it now
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi