Check Out Our Shop
Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2454
    Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    What's the verdict on the incoming storm? I have U14's supposedly to race SG at Sugar Bowl Thursday and Friday.

What r the odds that the race happens? Debating just staying in Mammoth till Friday and then coming up for w/e GS and SL?

Janky, one of these times we need to ski since we r on the same U16 circuit...

Thought Sat. at Northstar was super fun. Actually that was my favorite weekend in Northstar I have had. Definitely some weird terrain management. The role on skiers right of backside express was down nearly from the start then after 3 laps, they out it up? Wtf? Then it dropped everywhere short while later?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Sent you a PM, let’s do it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    BA said it would hit the southern part of the area hardest and kirkwood is getting pounded right now
    Mammoth was posting 20" by Friday morning, but it was 8" by 10AM on Thursday. Skied amazing all day Thursday, even when almost every lif got shut down around 2:30. I saw someone get completely buried on a turn down the lift line of 22 on a turn. Only the top of their helmet was showing mid turn. It was deep.

At kirkwood there is only one entrance and very little other traffic entering the valley. It wouldn't be hard to stop every plate that doesn't have a reservation or parking sticker. I would assume they would leave some extra space in paid parking and push anyone w/o reservations there for the extra income.
    You know better than this. When was the last time you saw sometime implemented successfully at KW? It will be a shit show. That one entrance is also the same entrance every home owner and hotel renter uses. How to account for that. Vail does not even own the lodging there, so its not like there would be coordination between the two. Plus if I rent on Airbnb? Or borrow a friends place for the weekend, etc. And can you imagine the place parking any slower than it does now? Cause that would happen if they tried to check cars in at the entrance.

Vail will make it worse at KW, without a doubt. And they will still invest zero dollars into that place. Fuck Vail. The only issue at KW right now are Epic Pass holders. Nothing would make me happier than that pace being back on a. single pass. 90% of the current clientele do not know how, or care to stay in a single travers and both the Wall and the backside get fucked by 10,000 traverse tracks across 100s of feet of vert. Again, fuck Vail. And 88 is even much worse all the new to driving in snow BA fucktards. I miss the days of Ian chewing someone out for dropping off the travers track and fuking up the snow. Just like the surf line up needs enforcers, so does the powder day

So Ott, how do you feel about Vail?

Vail is fine elsewhere.

Or they could invest in some lifts. And repave KW Meadow Drive to include a shuttle/bus lane and spend just a little time developing a plan to mitigate the congestion they created.

^^ or at least fix the potholes. Yeah I'm skeptical about it too and don't appreciate this encroachment on my style. There's also the optics that only thing Vail will invest in at KW is parking restrictions.

I never once parked at Heavenly CA side this season either.

Pownazis represent!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    And 88 is even much worse with all the "my all seasons are fine" crowd
    Cough cough.

Edit: Some of my best friends run all seasons, and I make sure to give them shit about it too. And then suggest we take my car to the hill.

Vail will make it worse at KW, without a doubt. And they will still invest zero dollars into that place. Fuck Vail. The only issue at KW right now are Epic Pass holders. Nothing would make me happier than that pace being back on a. single pass. 90% of the current clientele do not know how, or care to stay in a single travers and both the Wall and the backside get fucked by 10,000 traverse tracks across 100s of feet of vert. Again, fuck Vail. And 88 is even much worse all the new to driving in snow BA fucktards. I miss the days of Ian chewing someone out for dropping off the travers track and fuking up the snow. Just like the surf line up needs enforcers, so does the powder day
    10,OOO traverse tracks? You're talking every open bowl in North America where the terrain allows.

Well, what the hell is happening to this country? Don't we have rules any more?

Quote Originally Posted by mildbill. View Post
    Cough cough.

Edit: Some of my best friends run all seasons, and I make sure to give them shit about it too. And then suggest we take my car to the hill.

Very fair. But to my point, I've yet to slide into another vehicle. And I still very much believe good piloting is 92% of the equation.

Has palisades been a shit show in the morning with the concert? Or is it managable?

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Has palisades been a shit show in the morning with the concert? Or is it managable?
    Manageable if you arrive early. Today was really awesome skiing. It was really cold and groomers were best they’ve been in awhile (and some side stashes for mini pow). When I left at 11:45am it was a mess coming into Palisades with backed up traffic. So arrive early, ski and get out. I skied 9-11am today.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Mammoth was posting 20" by Friday morning, but it was 8" by 10AM on Thursday. Skied amazing all day Thursday, even when almost every lif got shut down around 2:30. I saw someone get completely buried on a turn down the lift line of 22 on a turn. Only the top of their helmet was showing mid turn. It was deep.

You know better than this. When was the last time you saw sometime implemented successfully at KW? It will be a shit show. That one entrance is also the same entrance every home owner and hotel renter uses. How to account for that. Vail does not even own the lodging there, so its not like there would be coordination between the two. Plus if I rent on Airbnb? Or borrow a friends place for the weekend, etc. And can you imagine the place parking any slower than it does now? Cause that would happen if they tried to check cars in at the entrance.

They have electricity. There haven't been any major infrastructure fires.
    They could outsource the parking program. Plate scanners have been a thing for decades. Homeowners I assume have stickers which means their plates go in a database too. Hotel guests are going to be asked for their plates when they get there, just do it when they make the reservation and explain how the proper plates will make entering smoother on a Saturday morning. If they did it right the hotel would get a notification the guests are on property. There are other potential problems too. After storms any plates will be obstructed. Parking could shrink during bigger storms in the week after they open. I don't ski a whole lot of weekends at Alpine or Palisades, but before the reservations program, I wouldn't go at all. And Kirkwood is quite an investment to be turned around at the pass. At that point Heavenly is full too and your plans to ski for the day of your vacation are over. And your car is full of kids. Not coming from Tahoe you might not know how often that was happening but there were hundreds of cars getting turned around every Saturday and most Sundays. Lately on high pressure days that was happening at, or just after 9. Finding spots for cars that have reservations won't be a problem. All they have to do is save some spots or move some cones. I've done that there more times than I can count. A parking reservation program for Kirkwood weekends will be a good thing, almost regardless of how they implement it.
    As far as Ian goes, it's not your line til you're looking back up at it
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Parked out by 9:45 yesterday morning at Squaw. The bigger question is why we need special events like WWG and the WC that draw even more cars to the valley when the mountain has already oversold a product with limited capacity. At least the World Cup is not coming back to PT next year.

Ok. I will agree reservations are not a terrible thing for everyone has been turned around. But creating a reservation system will not change how passes have become oversold and the local Vail resorts can not actually serve all the customers they sold services to.

Home owners do not have any stickers on their license plates. Additionally. many of those homes are STR that have different groups in them each weekend. They will not have stickers and the ski resort will have no control over how homeowners use their personal property.

Currently, the ski resort known as KW and the real estate group known as KW do not coordinate on anything. I don't see how or why their animosity toward corporation will change because of parking.

Most weekend, they did not turn people around until 10:30 at the earliest and usually around noon.

For sure agree on moving a cone. That is why I've never had a problem parking. Regardless if I arrive or drive across valley at 8am or 10am or noon.

My personal issue is I rarely use the in valley shuttle because that service has been typically really shitty. So I drive a mile and park in nearly the same spot every Saturday near the snow ramp by TC. So next year I'll make a reservation for each weekend I'm up, but there is a chance that my friend drives over, or the shuttle is working or I decide to get some work done in the morning as things soften up and not go over to ski until 12:30.

How will KW determine if I "used" my spot, especially if they are scanning at 88? I won't even go back out that way until I'm leaving the valley.

Oh, and it was the Homeowners and Utilities that installed the power line. Don't let Vail fool you. They should up at the 11th our and claimed "mission accomplished". And who do you think is paying for that power line? Hint, it has to do with who own real estate with structures on it. Perhaps one reason why Vail won't replace that old tent at TC with a proper lodge.

Yeah, no doubt Vail will fuck this up too.

Oh, and Ian was not yelling at the dude for ski his line. Or any line. Dude just started making a 45 degree traverse below the traverse, fucking up the snow. Dude ended up heading the warning, and started to ski fall line.

And I might disagree about the "its not your line until". Etiquette still matters. When I showed up at Jeff's Line and realized the three folks in front of me broke trail up and over to there, I waited for them all to drop, before I skied. Common cutest still matters in this world.

Resort skiing sounds like a great experience.

Alpine lots, including Deer Park, filled. Lift lines were minimal. Not the first time I've seen this. Has AM become the overflow parking for OV?
    Fun day yesterday. Dust on crust. Dust on dust. Crust on crust. Every turn a surprise.

Its actually been quite good this year at KW, and despite the parking issues, I've never had an issue with parking.

On pow days, most of which are spent with my 12 year old, we are finding fresh tracks through 2pm most days. On non pow days the lifts are all ski right on. Not sure what the issue sounds like.

Tho I do think about BC a lot and plan to get my kid out this spring. They are still too small to dig me out, but might get them into AIREE I in the next two years so I can groom a solid partner.

But really, the resort skiing has been great this season. KW and Mammoth both. Hell, Friday morning at Mammoth we showed up to line up at 8:20 for an 8:30 opening and we were on 10th chair and the snow was deeeeeep and drrrrrryyyyyyy.

If I was not clear, my animosity is with Vail, and not with resort skiing. And actually it is more of the fact that they have done little to improve the experience at KW, but have imported way more users.

Curious, does the traverse line thing happen at Alta these days? That is the other place I can think of that managed to keep the masses on the proper traverse track years ago. Another places that was great to ski after the pow, because it was bumps and not railroad tracks.

And OG, if you look at a place like Mammoth, the traverse the entire bowl thing does not happen. The one spot that traverses are used is from the top of 9 to Dragons Back, and at most, I've see two high traverses and then ski tracks below that. Nothing like what tourons do to the Wall or Backside at KW. Part of the reason for the Backside issue is because Vail removed the lift that allowed skiers to get to a spot to access that terrain via fall line or on a High T. So the issue there is fully because Vail did not want to maintain a surface tow. Again - Vail is the problem.

Bet the snow is good again today. Mammoth looks super fun. I'm ranting because I'm going through dopamine withdrawal from last week

More importantly, how the hell does one post pictures these days?

When I click on the link to post, it now requires a URL. Can we no longer post to have TGR host the picture?

More importantly, how the hell does one post pictures these days?

When I click on the link to post, it now requires a URL. Can we no longer post to have TGR host the picture?
    There’s a whole error thread about this forum being screwy. Supposedly they’re working on it.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

What a day.

I was gonna go to kirkwood the last couple days since they crushed it out of this storm. But I was askared of the potholz so I went to CPSSR instead
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I was gonna go to kirkwood the last couple days since they crushed it out of this storm. But I was askared of the potholz
    Thursday quote:
    "the best hour of this season"

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

West facing couloir on Cisco Butte.

Best i can say is thati got down.

A few inches of powder on to of a breakable rain crust. Every turn i would first slide on the rain crust, then break thru it and almost go over.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Finally got 3 laps in Silverado this morning...however it was a bit like 'good snow over very firm'. Took Gate 7 and traversed into Hanging Gardens...love that zone because you constantly tell yourself not to fall. Light Towers had some pow over the rain crust so I just did my usually on KT & Red Dog. The special steep zones with exposure and groomers like Red Dog Face skied really well...the main moguled areas were rough.

Weird that today was the last day of Mighty Mites and Big Mountain Sport...so weird to end on a semi-wintery day with awesome coverage.