Check Out Our Shop
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1365

23/24 WYDAHO * " Le Tits now " * JH, GT, SK, KC, PC...

Well, I had a few pics.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Love these stories , I can’t imagine all the options off the tram before the sub lift existed . Just a cool thought .. when it’s on its hands down the best terrain in the US from my experience..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Back in the day...

You could buy a pass that was chairs only. It was called the 'C' pass. If you carried a C average in school, you got a discount. No, wait. It stood for chairs.

To access points south, one would exit the top of Thunder, slide forward to the Saddle, just uphill and go up the Laramie traverse 100yards or so. Then cut across the bowl staying high and angling through the rock band above Alta zero/-1. Ya pop out on top of Pepi's ridge and now you have all of that or you can continue on the high southerly route and get all the way into the Hobacks via the North woods.

On a tram/sub blowdown day it was/is the Way.

I've seen so much carnage from that chair: ragdolls down Alta3, Hudge launches off of nightmare rock or whatevr itscalled, Self avies in Alta 2. Lots of goal post attempts and a few great sticks. One of the best big air lines in bounds. (Triple direct, Banana twinkie and Liquor cabinets being bigger)

So many rock hits in the choke of A1, Stunning double drops off of Bday rock, Azero both flawless easy turns to a perfect air or last second branch snags for the tumble and 15 foot drop over the falls. A lot of fuckups in there.

The guy who skied directly beneath the chair, A-1; only to stick the little bergschrund where it melted out and his tails sunk in and he blew both acls.

Had to get rescued. And in trouble for skiing closed in bounds terrain.

Hudge airs from the laramie traverse into the bowl on pow days, spying the 1/4 bag in the closed zone above the cattrack and Steve Romeo snaking it...

The guy losing both skis and sliding into the choke above laramie cliffs traverse or the one who pulled up to the cornice about 30 feet from us on the chair.

It broke and he went forward, smashed his face on the rocks and had to get rescued.

All of that with a front row seat from the chair.

Those are great stories and so similar to half the shit I’ve seen too.
    Saw a guy starfish down Alta 1 and slam into a tree, and then slide into a pile at the bottom of it. My buddy and I yelled from the chair: “Don’t move. we’re sending patrol.” He yelled back up at us, obviously with broken ribs or something, and said “I’m OK” (in a way proving he wasn’t).

Many years ago pre (good) cell phone service, I was with a friend on a weekday howling storm day with nobody else on sublette all day. We ski till 3:40 and essentially caught last chair or near the last chair. We get to that spot where the chair crosses the exposed windy hump at the top, and the chair stops. We can even see that nobody’s in the top station . As usual, we both say “fuck” or “come-on man”, and then the chair doesn’t move for minutes. It’s probably 0° and howling wind and we’re not dressed for an overnight. We started sitting closer together and debating jumping. We know that it’s extremely scoured there so would not be a great place to jump. We are on the chair for a half an hour before it moved again. I pretty much believe this is why they now have the yellow flags saying “last chair” that I was trying to post a picture of earlier.

The beauty of the Altas is that on a pow day you can charge down the top ridge in boot deep pow and then hang a left into an epic steeper windloaded rock chute, tree chute or rock field. Often shin to kneedeep, sometimes waistdeep blower. Runs you never forget.

Lots of those here inbounds and 2x as many OB.

That's worst case scenario on Sublette. Makes one seriously consider hauling a 30m bite of 7mm cord to rapp off with. That would be arguably lethal conditions if stuck overnight.

Pre kemmerer no orange cones
    Each chair had a stuffed toy for last chair safety in the 1990s
    AV was Gumby dammit. Hence Gumby woods. RIP. Much like Sherwood Forest that got clearcut. As did most of the trees around RJ hut. So many trees gone. Huh. Now that I think about it those were all smoke shacks.

Racking my brain about the other mascots. SpongeBob was one. Casper or thunder? I forget. But lift rivalry involved kidnapping other lift mascots and putting them in humiliating or precarious positions.

PS. Thx Djongo. Always knew it as C pass but never knew why. Chair pass makes sense. I wish they would bring back tram passes and tram tickets. With ikon blocked from tram and forced to buy a ticket per ride.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

Yeah, never knew what C Pass meant either. Cool.

But yeah, to me that blowdown situation and that trav is the closest thing I get to in JH to a interlodge country club day. When it happens it’s magic.

And the sub terrain isn’t just awesome for the blower. There are so many hits all over it. Nightmare and the launching pad just to lookers left of it are like a stadium. My now adult kid (can you believe that shit) beelines there immediately when we get in town and is throwing it huge these days. Fun to hear the chair explode when they see the size and speed of the send. But on the other side there’s tons of pops and rocks and 10 foot boosters too - it’s like a playground for the part of our crew with young knees. Even for me these days when the snow is deep. And there’s fun shit to play with to get there and to get out too.

The fall lines are short but the stoke is long.

Myself and 3 friends built Gumby woods smokezone. That was a great one for afternoon team sesh. circa 1993 Worker Huhn picked the spot and was the Gumby boss for years as a lift super.
    Then they widened Hanna and cut it out. Fockers.

I know there was some talk about cell phone coverage at Targhee earlier but I can't seem to find it. Sorry to ask again, but what carriers have decent service at Targhee? In particular, how is T-Mobile there? I'm on Verizon now and it isn't great at Targhee. AT&T is bad where I live so it's not a great option for us. That makes me interested in T-Mobile. Thanks.[

Can you work 2 days for the mtn (Jackson) and get a pass?

Work sat sun, ski mon-fri. Thx.

Just skinned up/ skied down Targhee. Classic Grand Foghee at the top, but the skiing was quite pleasant. 2-3" of fresh on a soft base. still good coverage. Closed to uphill travel Mon-Thursday.

@WMD- we have good targhee coverage with AT&T, but that's not helpful for your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post

From what I know (which isn’t much), that’s really up to HR and a department head. I think the ‘policy’ is 32 hours, but I know with seniority that changes.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Yep - ski school - two days a week and holiday rush days. sometimes it's great, sometimes its not.

thx

Quote Originally Posted by alwayslost View Post
    Yep - ski school - two days a week and holiday rush days. sometimes it's great, sometimes its not.

And you don't even need to know how to ski.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    I know there was some talk about cell phone coverage at Targhee earlier but I can't seem to find it. Sorry to ask again, but what carriers have decent service at Targhee? In particular, how is T-Mobile there? I'm on Verizon now and it isn't great at Targhee. AT&T is bad where I live so it's not a great option for us. That makes me interested in T-Mobile. Thanks.[
    Word on the street is they are putting a Verizon tower at the summit of Fred’s this summer along with the new Wyolink repeater they are installing.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    And you don't even need to know how to ski.
    Ok that’s funny.

Quote Originally Posted by haysman16 View Post
    Word on the street is they are putting a Verizon tower at the summit of Fred’s this summer along with the new Wyolink repeater they are installing.
    Wow, thanks. Maybe we'll stick with Verizon!

Quote Originally Posted by haysman16 View Post
    Not gunna lie, that'll be pretty nice. Impossible for me to find people out there if groups get separated.

Pretty sure I'm joining the team for next season. Midweek pass. The mother ship calls

Hey folks we are discussing speakers and topics for WYSAW this coming fall. Anyone have ideas/ suggestions for the organizers?

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

Re the village: there is no base lodge? No place to enjoy a coffee @730 am?

I usually get up early and putz around slowly at the base lodge. I guess it's not a thing at Jackson?

Re the village: there is no base lodge? No place to enjoy a coffee @730 am?

I usually get up early and putz around slowly at the base lodge. I guess it's not a thing at Jackson?
    You could probably pretend you’re a hotel guest and crash a lobby. Other than that all I can think of is is the small shop (can’t remember the name) right to the south of the tram and next to the Caldera House entrance. Never went in there this year but thought they might have a table or two inside.

Cold pow on the pass this morning. Deep enough that there was no noticeable crust up high, and almost linearly more dust on crust conditions from midway to the road.

Hope to get another shot at it next week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1714674068.030258.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	492970