• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 296 of 296 FirstFirst ... 291 292 293 294 295 296
Results 7,376 to 7,397 of 7397
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    moar guns is not moar better...

fact.
    this is actually, literally, an opinion, and not fact.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    8 officers shot today (4 fatal) attempting to issue a warrant to a gun possessing criminal. fuck the guns and the attitude that has allowed access to 150 million people, many sick, suicidal, and violent. our system has let down these officers as we shoot to a record number of police fatalities in 2024.
    The majority of cops do not support gun control because they just don't believe in it, but also because they will be the ones kicking down the doors.

You want cops to be safer, but you want to turn over a hundred million Americans into felons and make the cops have far more interactions that are likely to escalate by having to kick in peoples doors?

The cops don't want it.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cops are not Critical Thinkers. I believe it's in the job description. So there's that.

Any action resulting in ANY death should be regarded as a Failed Action and subject to a thorough and complete after action report.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    The majority of cops do not support gun control because they just don't believe in it, but also because they will be the ones kicking down the doors.

You want cops to be safer, but you want to turn over a hundred million Americans into felons and make the cops have far more interactions that are likely to escalate by having to kick in peoples doors?

The cops don't want it.
    Most law enforcement agencies and organizations support stricter gun control and lobby congress for funding to enforce it. Don’t be lazy and disingenuous

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Shit Leroy - you have topped yourself. That’s some impressive mental gymnastics….

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Parts kits at shop.

Case in hand.

Mags loaded.
    watch out for snakes

Forum still fktup
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Shit Leroy - you have topped yourself. That’s some impressive mental gymnastics….

He might break is own neck if he's not careful.

https://apnews.com/article/church-sh...2f9a032251ae2d A lot to unpack here.

Guy named ‘Polite’ tries to shoot a pastor in church. God steps in, jams gun. Police find another guy with the last name Polite dead in a house recently visited by the gunman but refuse to confirm they are related.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    https://apnews.com/article/church-sh...2f9a032251ae2d A lot to unpack here.

Guy named ‘Polite’ tries to shoot a pastor in church. God steps in, jams gun. Police find another guy with the last name Polite dead in a house recently visited by the gunman but refuse to confirm they are related.
    Pretty much, in a nut shell.

The cops don't want it.
    You are so full of shit.

The IACP has been a strong supporter of the assault weapons ban since 1992, and our membership has
    approved several reauthorizations of support in the years since. The membership took this action
    because we, as law enforcement executives, understand that the criminal use of semiautomatic assault
    weapons pose a grave risk to our officers and the communities they are sworn to protect.

In response to the facts and statistics surrounding gun violence and related risks at U.S college and
    universities, the IACP supports the prohibition of concealed carry weapons upon U.S. college and
    university campuses.

Therefore, the IACP continues to oppose legislation that provide concealed carry permit holders with
    immunity from arrest or detention for violation of any law or any rule or regulation of a state or any
    political subdivision thereof related to the possession, transportation, or carrying of firearms.

The IACP urges Congress to increase resources to better allow state, local and tribal law enforcement
    agencies and the Department of Justice to enable greater prosecution of individuals for Brady Act
    violations. In addition, the IACP supports firearms enforcement programs that involve local, state and
    federal agencies, such as Project Safe Neighborhoods and Project Exile, which have shown significant
    reductions in firearms-related violent crime.

https://www.theiacp.org/sites/defaul...Paper_2018.pdf
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

If Leroy believes his narrative is true in his mind

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    You are so full of shit.
    Don't argue with him... he's not interested in facts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Cops are not Critical Thinkers. I believe it's in the job description. So there's that.

Any action resulting in ANY death should be regarded as a Failed Action and subject to a thorough and complete after action report.
    You're right, cops average iq is 80, pretty freaking low, but I wasn't referecing them as some sort of moral authority, this wasn't an appeal to authority, a fter all, i'm not an authoritarian progressive liberal, this was simply pointing out that the peopel you fantasize about committing this violecne on your behalf against those evil nasty conservatives, aren't actually willing to do so. And you aren't willing to take their place and kick in doors either, so its, thankfully, merely a violent fantasy on your part.

I'll ask again, can you make your daydream of cops kicking in gun owners doors nation wide make some sort of sense? I know, I know, I already got called a narcissist because I'm just sooooooo entitled because I asked you to make this make sense and you can't do it.

You're a weak ass little bitch who fantasizes about the state committing violence against peopel you just don't like because they're different than you. Thats it. All the talk of safety is just justification.

You are so full of shit.

The IACP has been a strong supporter of the assault weapons ban since 1992, and our membership has
    approved several reauthorizations of support in the years since. The membership took this action
    because we, as law enforcement executives, understand that the criminal use of semiautomatic assault
    weapons pose a grave risk to our officers and the communities they are sworn to protect.

In response to the facts and statistics surrounding gun violence and related risks at U.S college and
    universities, the IACP supports the prohibition of concealed carry weapons upon U.S. college and
    university campuses.

Therefore, the IACP continues to oppose legislation that provide concealed carry permit holders with
    immunity from arrest or detention for violation of any law or any rule or regulation of a state or any
    political subdivision thereof related to the possession, transportation, or carrying of firearms.

The IACP urges Congress to increase resources to better allow state, local and tribal law enforcement
    agencies and the Department of Justice to enable greater prosecution of individuals for Brady Act
    violations. In addition, the IACP supports firearms enforcement programs that involve local, state and
    federal agencies, such as Project Safe Neighborhoods and Project Exile, which have shown significant
    reductions in firearms-related violent crime.

https://www.theiacp.org/sites/defaul...Paper_2018.pdf
    Yea, political organizations and politican police chiefs who tend to be liberal support authorities and gun control. Actual rank and file officers do not.

Besides you dumb cunt, thats not even a US organization. Foreing police forces are often very authoritarian. As has alreayd been stated, hardly the arbitors of critical thinknig. Which you guys are quick to piont out, except if you're saying the cops are anti gun. Then they're the experts and authorities who you claim get hundreds of hours of firearms training. They're not, they're borderline retards who train for like a dozen hours.

I'll find some stats if I feel like it, but it was the colorado sherrifs who sued to overturn the standard capacity mag ban there.

Name one thing you have changed your opinions of after any conversation on this board? What’s it like to never be wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Name one thing you have changed your opinions of after any conversation on this board? What’s it like to never be wrong?
    I've admitted I was wrong about plenty of things.

This is not a rebuttal on your part. Its a dodge.

You're projecting. Pro gun folks don't need to invalidate anti gun folks to have a point. Pro gun folks can admit violence is a problem, and factor that into their world view. Anti gun folks are completely dependent on invalidating every point anyone could have that disagrees with them, and cannot factor in the fact that guns also do save lives and have benefits in society. Nope, anyone who disagrees with you just has to be crazy or a narcissist or something because you NEED that to be the case.

Yes yes, I'm aware of all my narcissistic entitlement because I asked cisco kid to explain how his fantasy of widespread door kicking being normalized against millions of americans could actually take place and not destroy our country and he's still got nothing. Its just a fantasy for him that someone else do violence to gun owners on his behalf and your ideas aren't any more well thought out.

The problem with this debate is that the anti-gun-control crowd thinks everyone else is strictly in the anti-gun crowd. There’s an ocean of grey area between those two. The vast vast majority of Americans are in that grey area and know there’s an answer in there that saves thousands of lives and preserves the positive aspects of our gun culture and ownership.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I've admitted I was wrong about plenty of things.

This is not a rebuttal on your part. Its a dodge.

You're projecting. Pro gun folks don't need to invalidate anti gun folks to have a point. Pro gun folks can admit violence is a problem, and factor that into their world view. Anti gun folks are completely dependent on invalidating every point anyone could have that disagrees with them, and cannot factor in the fact that guns also do save lives and have benefits in society. Nope, anyone who disagrees with you just has to be crazy or a narcissist or something because you NEED that to be the case.

Yes yes, I'm aware of all my narcissistic entitlement because I asked cisco kid to explain how his fantasy of widespread door kicking being normalized against millions of americans could actually take place and not destroy our country and he's still got nothing. Its just a fantasy for him that someone else do violence to gun owners on his behalf and your ideas aren't any more well thought out.
    I’m not anti gun, I’m a gun owner. I am pro gun control, stricter measures to prevent guns from getting into the wrong hands.

Your fantasy of police having to “kick doors and terrorize law abiding citizens” is just that, a fantasy. The vast majority of people in this country, including gun owners are in favor of stricter laws and enforcement for firearms not firearms confiscation.

Yea, political organizations and politican police chiefs who tend to be liberal support authorities and gun control. Actual rank and file officers do not.
    Point being, extrapolating a personal opinion is not the same as citing facts.

Besides you dumb cunt, thats not even a US organization. Foreing police forces are often very authoritarian. As has alreayd been stated, hardly the arbitors of critical thinknig. Which you guys are quick to piont out, except if you're saying the cops are anti gun. Then they're the experts and authorities who you claim get hundreds of hours of firearms training. They're not, they're borderline retards who train for like a dozen hours.
    I guess I'm winning here since besides the pejorative, you're so angry you can't spell.

And as far as being critical of critical thinking, well, there's wads of irony there, especially when claiming cops are retards in the same breath as holding up their presumably pro-gun position. There's some consistency. Cops have a hell of a job and despite disagreeing with them, they're due some respect.

I'll find some stats if I feel like it, but it was the colorado sherrifs who sued to overturn the standard capacity mag ban there.
    With regard to the issue of police opinion, I still think you're full of shit. During the assault weapons ban, crime fell:

As shown in exhibit 6, law enforce
    ment agency requests for BATF as
    sault weapons traces in the 1993–95
    period declined 20 percent in the first
    calendar year after the ban took effect,
    dropping from 4,077 in 1994 to 3,268
    in 1995. Some of this decrease may
    reflect an overall decrease in gun
    crimes; total trace requests dropped
    11?percent from 1994 to 1995, and
    gun murders declined 10?percent over
    the same period. Nevertheless, these
    trends suggest a 9- to 10-percent addi
    tional decrease (labeled with a triangle
    in exhibit 6) due to substitution of
    other guns for the banned assault
    weapons in 1995 gun crimes.15

https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/173405.pdf

Refusing to accept the data and facts surrounding more gun control is really below you. Condolences.
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/16/polit...rol/index.html
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I guess I'm winning here since besides the pejorative, you're so angry you can't spell.

And as far as being critical of critical thinking, well, there's wads of irony there, especially when claiming cops are retards in the same breath as holding up their presumably pro-gun position. There's some consistency. Cops have a hell of a job and despite disagreeing with them, they're due some respect.

With regard to the issue of police opinion, I still think you're full of shit. During the assault weapons ban, crime fell:

Refusing to accept the data and facts surrounding more gun control is really below you. Condolences.
    It’s not really below him if you think about it

Like I already said genious, I specifically mentioned cops low iq because I'm not holding htem up as some sort of authority of rightthink. i'm saying they aren't willing to go kick down doors, and since none of you cowards are either, there won't be anyone to do the door kicking nand dog shootings you guys all clearly fantasize about being done on your behalf.

every word i've mistyped is easily spelled. grammar critiques are way low consciousness.

and copess average iq is 80. thats a fact.

and nothing in your post is remotely about law enforcement ideas or attitudes. its some loose correlations about the assault wepaons bans.