Check Out Our Shop
Page 652 of 660 FirstFirst ... 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 ... LastLast
Results 16,276 to 16,300 of 16484
    Completely different ballgame now. The interest is 1T. Unfathomable number. Unrepairable.

You can pay all the taxes you want jong boy. I ain't.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Completely different ballgame now. The interest is 1T. Unfathomable number. Unrepairable.
    Bullshit. U.S. GDP is 25T+.

Unrepairable...

You can pay all the taxes you want jong boy. I ain't.
    The US government spends less as a share of GDP than all it’s peer countries:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ure-share-gdp/

The issue isn’t spending. The debt isn’t unpayable. The issue is dumbasses unwilling to be taxed to pay for the benefits they receive.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post

The issue isn’t spending. The debt isn’t unpayable. The issue is dumbasses unwilling to be taxed to pay for the benefits they receive.
    Exactly.. Raising taxes, which have been cut for decades for the wealthy is what is most needed.. But also it's the least palatable solution politically because of the decades of brainwashing by rightwingers and the media that they control/influence
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

i dOn't uSe aNy sErViCeS AnD ShOuLdN'T HaVe tO PaY AnY MoRe tAxEs!

-Some Aggrieved Middle-Aged White Dude

Sit back and watch. It'll be fun.

Good luck raising taxes. No middle class family can afford anything. Take more from them. It'll work out great.

Good luck raising taxes. No middle class family can afford anything. Take more from them. It'll work out great.
    “We can’t afford anything” says the richest middle class in the world.

“We can’t afford anything” says the richest middle class in the world.
    This. It's a lazy narrative to say that middle class can't afford anything, or that the U.S. can't take care of its fiscal house. It simply takes the political will to do it.

But that's his schtick.

Like you, I'm entitled to my opinion.

If you don't think our gov is bloated wasteful nepotistic idiots I can't help you.

If you don't think our gov is bloated wasteful nepotistic idiots I can't help you.
    Oh, there's no doubt. That's what the "political will" comment speaks to.

But throwing up your hands and stating "Welp, there's nothing we can do" is sheer laziness.

In other news, Stripe will support global stablecoin payments. Transactions instantly settle on-chain and automatically convert to fiat. USDC American digital dollars money, money, money, mooneey .... moneeeyyy

You’re absolutely entitled to your own opinion. I’d only ask that you form that opinion based on facts.

^cc debt ath, debt to gdp ath, USD rapid change in the last 4 yrs, free money for a decade followed by sharpest rise on borrowing rate possibly ever.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion.

You don’t have a right to this opinion being respected.

^cc debt ath, debt to gdp ath, USD rapid change in the last 4 yrs, free money for a decade followed by sharpest rise on borrowing rate possibly ever.
    CC stop being a dumbass. You said US debt is ‘unrepairable’ because middle class families ‘can’t afford anything’ already, so couldn’t possibly weather higher taxes. That’s bullshit. And it’s the same bullshit that got us into this mess in the first place.

If Fedreral tax receipts were 19% of GDP - as they were in the late 90’s - instead of the current 16.25%, that would mean an additional $3 trillion dollars a year in revenue; about twice the current annual deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

That's the point of this entire thread

Timely:

Again, no mention that these "deficit reduction plans" both involved higher taxes. But everyone who's not merely shilling for Republicans knows this is the only way to rein in the deficit. You could completely eliminate Medicaid and the entire domestic budget and half the defense budget.......and you still wouldn't cut the annual deficit to zero.Everyone knows this. Federal spending isn't rising because Congress is out of control. It's rising because we have to spend more money on old people, something we've known forever. There's nothing anyone can do about this.
    So if you're worried about the mounting national debt—and you should be, at least a little bit—there's only one way to reduce it: tax hikes. Not huge ones, but not tiny ones either. That's just the way it is. No one serious can avoid it.”

https://jabberwocking.com/america-needs-higher-taxes/

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

Ah now the truth about their butthurt comes out

Good luck

Lest we forget the peanut farmer

historical-mortgage-rates/
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Good luck
    I was very lucky to be born in a first world country with good parents who made a healthy home environment and who earned a lower middle class income that was enough to never worry about food or shelter.

After that the rest was hard work and long hours. Luck hasn’t had much to do with it since I left home.

You do need luck though if you’re trying to time a pump and dump or a Ponzi scheme.

Referring to the tax dingbat. Glad your life was great though thx for the synopsis.