Check Out Our Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    the one where i was gaping the icefall, and went over backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero
    Nice Report! Is that "fat skis" sign at the resort?
    Not really an answer to your question:

One of the many memorable moments of the summit involved getting into the gondola with vinman et al and not a single pair of the (fat) skis properly fitting into the racks outside the gondola. And then there were those moments when we weren't quite sure whether nhtele (aka nhmymadenaksarefartoolongandwide) and his boards would actually make it into the gondola in time ...
    Last edited by Franz Klammer; 03-07-2005 at 10:59 PM.
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Mit is offline Con-Coccyxial Concussed
    That was great basom. I really loved the music choices.

I’m really looking forward to the director’s cut with the added voice over/commentary along with an extra 10 min of pointing footy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mit
    I really loved the music choices.
    spilt wide open, like a stergeon for the roe.
    Last edited by basom; 03-07-2005 at 05:01 PM. Reason: you know, fish eggs.

The Hcam came out fkn great! I'm sure commentary adds quite a bit. The song switch...1.5 drops.

Seriously, esp in on the top- gives a great view of what the terrain is like.

I know home terrain when I see it...and that's definitely Blandford, in Otis, MA. Skiers right of Put's Peril.

Anyone else find themselves ducking and weaving like a boxer while watching the vid?

Nice vid.
    You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness, and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiJunky05
    The Hcam came out fkn great! I'm sure commentary adds quite a bit. The song switch...1.5 drops.

Seriously, esp in on the top- gives a great view of what the terrain is like.

I know home terrain when I see it...and that's definitely Blandford, in Otis, MA. Skiers right of Put's Peril.

Anyone else find themselves ducking and weaving like a boxer while watching the vid?
    heh. gonna get some miles out of that andy, its gold. gold

yeah, the top section came out well. i finally dialed my camera angle i guess.
    after the line chokes up i pretty much flail the rest. then its all flailing. but you know what they say about Mowhawk mountain, "it's all in the flail," at least thats what i always say when skiing lookers left of of "skyline drive", or skiers right of "the rapids".

Thumbs up

excellent spatulation. +10
    lacks pointing -05

net result +05 pulses.

Quote Originally Posted by stump832
    lacks pointing -05

man, you should have seen the raw footage. there were several parts with seven or eight maggots in my line of view, and all of us (all eight! ) were pointing in different directions.

i guess it should have made the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by basom
    when in doubt, point it out.

man, you should have seen the raw footage. there were several parts with seven or eight maggots in my line of view, and all of us (all eight! ) were pointing in different directions.

dear god, there was more pointing than you could thrust a pole at. You should make an "all pointing" edition of the footie.

I liked the part where someone cut you off and you instinctively looked uphill to see if anyone else was coming.
    Icefalls on spats = raising the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    I liked the part where someone cut you off and you instinctively looked uphill to see if anyone else was coming.
    fucking guy was on some wierd ass 188 cm long baby blue faggoty fat skis too boot. fucking guy was from the internet i think.

and i think you mean: attemping a pussy side slip of a three foot ice bulge and falling off the mountain = pretty stupid

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    bas, what format is that video in? I downloaded it but WMP is saying it's a "bizzah" media extension. It's odd that it's .mov and WMP doesn't recognize it. bust.
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

Basom: you are officially killing it. That video pretty much summed up the fun side of skiing the east. Burly trees, narrow goat hopping, bashing through shrubbery and/or other skiers, and falling bassackwards off the ice fall was definitely a nice touch. Well done sir!

Looks like everyone had a blast and there was some good turnout for this EC mini! Props to Vin and all the other folks that made this happen! (clearly Bill was not in charge of planning)

I'm pissed I couldn't make it and look forward to skiing with y'all a bunch more as the season keeps on keeping on (I'll be at the Loaf this weekend).

Basom, I thought your pointing was pretty steezy, but I'm no expert on the pointing technique. I would recommend putting together a montage of your pointing and posting it up on epicski for analysis.

However I did see myself in your line of view just after the 2nd minute cheering you on from the side of the chute standing next to Schuss! It came out well basom and I can proudly say that I witnessed in person your tumble over that little drop. It brings tears to my eyes when i watch it.

fucking guy was on some wierd ass 188 cm long baby blue faggoty fat skis too boot. fucking guy was from the internet i think.
    You forgot to mention that the guy is only like 4 feet tall i.e. half the size of his boards.

Quote Originally Posted by vinzclortho
    bas, what format is that video in? I downloaded it but WMP is saying it's a "bizzah" media extension. It's odd that it's .mov and WMP doesn't recognize it. bust.
    Try Quicktime.
    Last edited by Franz Klammer; 03-07-2005 at 07:18 PM.
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

yeah. That guy sitting down in the chute? Oh yeah. I was shredding the hardcore seat gnar.

Thanks to all the maggots for showing me new places at Stowe on Sat. Next time I'll be dressed to hike. Sorry I could'nt stay for Sunday, but had a great time at HH and meeting you all. Great job setting it all up too!
    The pic's are sick!

and i think you mean: attemping a pussy side slip of a three foot ice bulge and falling off the mountain = pretty stupid
    I thought the skyward helmet cam footy on the tumble was like a Fellini tribute. It touched my heart.

Bros don't fukkin lolligag around, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiJunky05
    Guilty as charged. Felt like I was 11 and playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out again... but this time I was Buster Douglas, bitch!

(wow... horrible joke)

Hehe, classic ending song for that seg, happens to a lot of us. Cool vid, definitely gives the EC feel. I'm surprised that cam stayed on with all that bushwackin'.

B)

^ bump for "making me homesick for Stowe" good work everyone. SkiJunky, Stowe mafia? Are you putting all our lives in danger for this upcoming summers scouting missions? I already feel "watched" enough while I'm up there, now I'm gonna have to look 3 times behind me before proceeding.
    "Stoke your own fire or burn out like the rest"

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    Bros don't fukkin lolligag around, buddy.
    Thats what you get for standing in my line when I'm comin' in hot dude, get out the way or get run over biatch.

Get out the way
    get out the way...

Head cam footie final cut came out nice......... you fuuuucked yourseeelf.....

funny shit but you need to record the ad lib commentary and dub that in over the music

Quote Originally Posted by Franz Klammer
    You forgot to mention that the guy is only like 4 feet tall i.e. half the size of his boards.
    heh, you forgot the part about me being 140lbs soaking wet
    Last edited by Vinman; 03-08-2005 at 06:35 AM.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com