Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ski, Film Edit Make $100,000 - TGR COLAB CONTEST

TetonGravity.com presents The Co-Lab, a $100,000 open source freeskiing project created around the new generation of athletes and filmmakers. The rules are simple. Skiers upload their Winter 2012/13 edits to TetonGravity.com, users will vote for the top 18, and an industry panel will select three Wild Cards. Those Top 21 athletes will then cast their own votes, in order of preference from most favorite to least favorite. The results from the Top 21 will determine the overall $100,000 winner, additional category winners (categories TBA), and the top 12 who will be featured in The Co-Lab film.

"The Co-Lab is about giving people the freedom to express themselves and creating an open forum for collaboration between athletes, audience, and filmers."
    - Steve Jones, TGR co-founder

Cool but please....NO CHESTY cams
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Skiers? How bout sled boarders... We have what you want. Cuz that's all we do... Come check us out, on your own forum. Shadam and the ratbaggers. With $100'000 we could all buy new sleds and gear. Plus a few chainsaws( they come in handy for making trails to paradise). And with all the money we'd save, from having new gear that doesn't brake down.. We could buy more BEER!!!!!!!!!!

I have been stoked to be working on a Co-Lab project. Its been a good motivator to take a closer look at what is around, and have some fun.
    How many people are working on edits? Ive got a few friends working on em, but am curious to hear how its going for peeps! HERE is a screen shot from one of our sessions.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2013-03-14 at 7.16.42 PM.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	436.7 KB 
ID:	134935
    sagecattabriga-alosa.com http://vimeo.com/user342667

Quote Originally Posted by chompfacekillah View Post
    Its been a good motivator to take a closer look at what is around, and have some fun.
    wait.... isn't that what you're supposed to be doing already?
    Last edited by HotTate; 03-22-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    www.DeathCookieEntertainment.com

Sometimes fear just means that you need to push your shins into the front of your ski boots and fuckin send it!

shit got done today... #MaximArsenault #stomping #bigair

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

^^^Nice fucking line, Max!

more insane big air, big mountain action from Max Arsenault went down today...

Last edited by powder11; 04-19-2013 at 11:07 PM.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

It just sucks that the format won't allow for more than one athlete and one filmer... I have so many shots that came from people other than myself and one filmer.
    But after seeing that shit from Max above I'm a bit humbled. Those are sick shots.
    mmmm, snow

P11, is that you or you taking shots of someone?

Quote Originally Posted by IVplay View Post
    P11, is that you or you taking shots of someone?
    P11 has been filming Max, stills of no skier just the aftermath are P11, shots with watermarks are well obviously Mathew Mallory whom is not P11.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    P11 has been filming Max, stills of no skier just the aftermath are P11, shots with watermarks are well obviously Mathew Mallory whom is not P11.
    well said, Shirk!

Our edit has been submitted, so be sure to vote for Max when he contest drops!

Quote Originally Posted by snomaster View Post
    It just sucks that the format won't allow for more than one athlete and one filmer... I have so many shots that came from people other than myself and one filmer.
    But after seeing that shit from Max above I'm a bit humbled. Those are sick shots.
    Still humbled by the stills of Max, but I'm going to submit something cuz I've learned that you CAN have footage from more than one filmer. I don't know why I thought you couldn't, but the FAQ clearly states footage from multiple crews is completely legit.
    mmmm, snow

When will we see the edits?

June 10th.

prediction (based on rumors and photos from above): McNutt wins, Max top 5
    mmmm, snow

I'm all about Dale's and Sage's, gotta go through them all though!

#MCNUTTforcolab2013

I dont really want to give TGR a bunch of my Facebook information. Isn't there another way to vote? That seems kind of sketchy...

Sometimes fear just means that you need to push your shins into the front of your ski boots and fuckin send it!

Quote Originally Posted by HotTate View Post
    I dont really want to give TGR a bunch of my Facebook information. Isn't there another way to vote? That seems kind of sketchy...
    I wish there was another way to vote too, as I don't have Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by HotTate View Post
    I did a big email blast to everyone I know and more often than not, this was the response I got. Oh well... as long as you make the top 21, the facebook popularity contest ends. Hopefully the wildcard option fixes any injustices from that style of voting.

The other thing is some of the less savvy tech people are confusing "likes" with voting. Some edits have triple digit likes next to double digit votes.
    Last edited by powder11; 06-12-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    The other thing is some of the less savvy tech people are confusing "likes" with voting. Some edits have triple digit likes next to double digit votes.
    Yeah I noticed this too, sucks but it's funny.

I the end, none of the voting really matters because TGR reserves the right to pick whoever they want, so...

Ugh, wanted to toss in a vote for Max but I refuse to use Facebook to login to 3rd party sites and/or install their apps. I already "Like" TGR on Facebook, isn't that enough?

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Ugh, wanted to toss in a vote for Max but I refuse to use Facebook to login to 3rd party sites and/or install their apps. I already "Like" TGR on Facebook, isn't that enough?
    quit being a fag and vote for Max or I'll send the wolverine after you!