View Poll Results: What's your favorite The North Face Guts For Glory Photo Contest Powder Photo?

Voters
429. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    numero uno, powlicious!

and the boosting doesn't stop! #1 has some really dedicated friends...

Here's what happened. Charlie and Adam weren't aware that they were finalist and that there would be a forum poll for the winner until a couple days ago. I don't know Adam, but Charlie is a pretty well loved guy up here, and when he got the word out on FB, people responded. This weekend had some of the crappiest weather of the year in south-central AK. Thus, the core skiers, who are usually too busy being core skiers to mess with online forums, had time to get on their computers. Now, #1 is winning.

There's a vote for us on tgr thread on teletips. FWIW I voted for number one before the box stuffing started.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

SOUNDS LIKE A GUILTY CONSCIOUS-

Quote Originally Posted by skiAK View Post
    Here's what happened. Charlie and Adam weren't aware that they were finalist and that there would be a forum poll for the winner until a couple days ago. I don't know Adam, but Charlie is a pretty well loved guy up here, and when he got the word out on FB, people responded. This weekend had some of the crappiest weather of the year in south-central AK. Thus, the core skiers, who are usually too busy being core skiers to mess with online forums, had time to get on their computers. Now, #1 is winning.

Oh, that makes perfect sense! What a nice, calculated answer, kinda like the results. Hard to believe

Quote Originally Posted by skiAK View Post
    the core skiers, who are usually too busy being core skiers to mess with online forums, had time to get on their computers.
    Yeah bro, We're too core. Soul-Skiers.

Regardless, TGR or any other forum has loads of tests to make sure new users are authentic.

I thought the facebook(popularity) contest was over, this contest should've been for registered users with "X" amounts of posts.

I can confirm that the snow blows here right now. I just skied 2500' of the most heinous breakable crust over slush ever. I thought for sure I was going to blow out a knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    I can confirm that the snow blows here right now. I just skied 2500' of the most heinous breakable crust over slush ever. I thought for sure I was going to blow out a knee.
    "the core skiers, who are usually too busy being core skiers to mess with online forums, had time to get on their computers."

Nice. And when the really hard, iron -core skiers (who are still out despite the conditions) get done skiing---they immediately sprint right to the internet for a session on forums....totally the way to apre'. Must be at least over 400 hardcore skiers up there!

Quote Originally Posted by dillydee View Post
    "the core skiers, who are usually too busy being core skiers to mess with online forums, had time to get on their computers."

Nice. And when the really hard, iron -core skiers (who are still out despite the conditions) get done skiing---they immediately sprint right to the internet for a session on forums....totally the way to apre'. Must be at least over 400 hardcore skiers up there!
    STFU jong. Take both your posts and give it up. You signed up just to vote for somebody too, so Adam and Charlie have more friends than your guy BFD.

Adam and I are lucky have a lot of supportive friends. We are flattered to be doing so well in this contest, but it isn't over yet.

Vote for #1 - go AK!

Vote for #1 - go AK!

Pow Pow

I do not know skiing/snowboarding as well as I know great photos. Renfro's shot is awesome/crisp/clear/exciting and it is not surprising that many of the votes are going in his direction. I will note that a few of the finalists shots are good!
    A lot of bickering on this forum which is surprising because I do not hear skiers/snowboarders complaining about much. They are generally out to shred the mountain and could careless about anything else!

WTG AK pOw! #1, killing it!!

Yeah AK! Yeah TGR! As for the bickering, well, haters gon' hate.

Thanks to all the friends who took time out of their busy schedules to vote for photo #1!! Adam and I are really excited! We are keeping our fingers crossed for the official tally, but we feel really good about all support from friends and family all around the ski and snowboard community. Thanks guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    DCP, in Haines yesterday morning. Just saying. Great entries everyone! SEABA is stoked to take out the grand prize winners!

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    DCP, in Haines yesterday morning. Just saying. Great entries everyone! SEABA is stoked to take out the grand prize winners!

it hurts

Look forward to seeing how many dupe IP's in this contest.
    Training for Alpental

We're currently reviewing individual votes and will let you know when we find, decide

Here is a new little teaser edit to get you guys fired up!

Adam and Charlie's photo (#1) received the most overall poll votes. They are the Powder Category (Atomic skis and The North Face gift certificate) and Grand Prize (SEABA trip) Winners. Keep an eye out for an e-mail from us. A reminder of the rules that have been published since day 1...

1) Submit your best Powder and Freeride photos to the contest between 1/16/12 and 3/11/12 at 11:59 PM MST. Photos must have at least 15 Facebook "Likes" to be officially entered, so share your entry(s) early and often.

2) Get your favorite photos noticed by Facebook "liking" them between 1/16/12 and 3/18/12 at 11:59 PM MST.

3) A committee of TGR athletes and staff will narrow the 25 most "liked" photos from each category down to 10 finalists by 3/25/12.

4) On 3/26/12, a Forum poll featuring the 10 finalists from each category will be created to determine the Grand Prize and Category Winners. Voting will remain open through 4/2/12 at 12:00 PM MST.

5) The photographer and rider whose photo has the most overall poll votes will win the Category and Grand Prize Packages. The photographer and rider whose photo has the most poll votes from the other category will win the remaining Category Prize Package.

Question here about criteria number 4

4) On 3/26/12, a Forum poll featuring the 10 finalists from each category will be created to determine the Grand Prize and Category Winners. Voting will remain open through 4/2/12 at 12:00 PM MST.

If votes cast by people who joined this august collective on or after 3/26 are excluded, who would have won?

Why do all the folks stoking #1 have March 2012 and April 2012 join dates....

That was not a question.

Thanks for everyone who voted

Thanks, we are Very Grateful
    Thank you to the North Face / Teton Gravity and SEABA for putting on a great contest, we are very thankfull to be the Freeride winners!

Thank you to all who voted!

In Light of us winning by "popularity", there were many outstanding photo's among the finalist that deserve merit. I feel that in future contests, it would be best served and most fair to have a judging poll consisting of just TGR staff making the final heli-ski/prize decisions out of the 10 finalists.

Thank you again to everyone involved.

Ned & Kerry