Views:	51 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	492704
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4745.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	958.4 KB 
ID:	492705

Little man getting sendy for the crowds.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post

Name:	Image1711984737.007351.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	492704

Name:	IMG_4745.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	958.4 KB 
ID:	492705

Little man getting sendy for the crowds.

Love it!

Such a challenging and rewarding weekend. It was the culmination of my daughter's race season with the U12 Buddy Werner championships at Mission Ridge. It is what she has been working all year for and has talked about it constantly since her first time last year. We roll into Wenatchee Thursday evening and grab dinner at the Mongolian BBQ there after picking up her bib and race shwag. We settle into the hotel and about an hour after we go to bed, she wakes up and throws up. She otherwise seems fine and goes back to sleep easily so am thinking dinner just didn't agree with her and it may be a one-off (has happened before).
    The next morning we wake up and she says she feels fine but I can tell she is a bit off. She eats a smaller than normal breakfast and we are off to the hill. We are driving up literally in sight of the mountain on the last hairpin and she throws up all over the back seat. She obviously is sick with a GI bug and can't hold down food or water. We have to make the call that she needs to go back to the hotel and sit out Friday GS day. She is apoplectic with grief, crying hysterically and pleading with us to let her race. On the way down she throws up two more times by the time we get back to the hotel and slowly realizes that it was the right decision. She naps out in the hotel all day (puking a few more times) and finally eats a bit about 4pm and seems to be able to hold down food and fluids.
    Next day she wakes up and is all ready to go and downs a big waffle from the hotel so obviously back to her old self. She goes on to get 11th in the Skills Quest on Saturday and 24th in Slalom on Sunday (highest on her team) out of 114 U12 girls from across WA, OR, northern ID, and even an AK team. I couldn't be more proud of her and her determination and how she handled a tough situation. One more training weekend then it's on to the life of a U14.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    Such a challenging and rewarding weekend. It was the culmination of my daughter's race season with the U12 Buddy Werner championships at Mission Ridge. It is what she has been working all year for and has talked about it constantly since her first time last year. We roll into Wenatchee Thursday evening and grab dinner at the Mongolian BBQ there after picking up her bib and race shwag. We settle into the hotel and about an hour after we go to bed, she wakes up and throws up. She otherwise seems fine and goes back to sleep easily so am thinking dinner just didn't agree with her and it may be a one-off (has happened before).
    The next morning we wake up and she says she feels fine but I can tell she is a bit off. She eats a smaller than normal breakfast and we are off to the hill. We are driving up literally in sight of the mountain on the last hairpin and she throws up all over the back seat. She obviously is sick with a GI bug and can't hold down food or water. We have to make the call that she needs to go back to the hotel and sit out Friday GS day. She is apoplectic with grief, crying hysterically and pleading with us to let her race. On the way down she throws up two more times by the time we get back to the hotel and slowly realizes that it was the right decision. She naps out in the hotel all day (puking a few more times) and finally eats a bit about 4pm and seems to be able to hold down food and fluids.
    Next day she wakes up and is all ready to go and downs a big waffle from the hotel so obviously back to her old self. She goes on to get 11th in the Skills Quest on Saturday and 24th in Slalom on Sunday (highest on her team) out of 114 U12 girls from across WA, OR, northern ID, and even an AK team. I couldn't be more proud of her and her determination and how she handled a tough situation. One more training weekend then it's on to the life of a U14.
    Man that’s rough but pretty cool that she pushed thru! Congratulations!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Youngest met her season goal of making the Whistler Cup as a first year U14. She’ll be second seed in GS and SL for team USA 1. Super proud!
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Extreme pow shredding!
    On Piste. At 11.... There were about 10 people skiing today.

Attachment 492134
    This takes me back to that age when this right here was the absolute coolest feeling in the whole world and I didn’t ever want it to end. Mt Baker, WA. 1980s. I never wanted to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Youngest met her season goal of making the Whistler Cup as a first year U14. She’ll be second seed in GS and SL for team USA 1. Super proud!
    Impressive achievement! Congrats to her and your family.
    She was out for a while with that meniscal injury as well, no?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Missed about 5 weeks, missed the speed camp for SG which was a bummer. Good to go now!

My three-year-old has been making turns and controlling her direction and speed for a while...when she wants to. As a result, she's generally only skied portions of a run independently (without the leash); she clearly likes to go fast, but doesn't know where the line is and will rely on the leash operator to slow her down.

Today, she was willing to follow me the whole way down the beginner trail pod, sans leash. On some turns, she started to go faster but turned up the hill to get back behind me. It took a bit of work for me to get the turn radius right and also set a path with minimum interactions with faster traffic, but it felt really good to make it all the way to the bottom with her following.

She was then a bit obnoxious making me chase her into the lodge and such, but at three, I think she probably exhausted her following directions energy on the way down the hill.

Ongoing Kid Stoke [2011 and on...]

^very cool! That “following directions energy” is in short supply with my dude.

Don’t think I shared the last session (#6) of the adaptive skiing. They got him up on tethers!

https://youtube.com/shorts/PJftnn3OF...MoAnPailgi5u71

edit: can’t spell
    Last edited by Lvovsky; 04-11-2024 at 06:08 PM.

Just learned a new way to post pics that works for me. Woot.

Been a great season with the 12 year old. After taking last season off, they had no problem starting right off with thin cover off the top at KW and have been going strong all season

Early season The Drain was legit black diamond terrain with an open creek to avoid falling into.

Slow start around here, but we had wintery conditions more often than not.

Always fun getting fresh lines in Wagon Wheel Bowl.

We hiked a bit more this year and it always paid off with good turns.

And we started ticking off more steep lines.

We spent our spring break at Mammoth and really could not have scored a better week.

Spring break TR here for more pics.

Some rad kids in this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they find Mammoth more fun than Singapore?

The answer was "no". You can't even find a decent Fishball Noodle Soup in town, and weekend trips to Sumatra, Penang or Hoi An are out of the question.

I might have to agree with the kid. Mammoth and skiing in general is so fucking awesome. But we only got one year at the equator and left wanting a little more. OTOH, we are both stoked on being able to ski this year, and in the 27 days we have had so far this year, 25 of those days were wintery - often in fresh or lightly tracked powder.

Well shit, youngest was 3rd after first SL run at Whistler Cup with a major mistake. Was ripping the second run, first 2 splits way ahead and skied out.

Gotta finish to win

Great sport though, congratulations given to her competitor. Super proud

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Well shit, youngest was 3rd after first SL run at Whistler Cup with a major mistake. Was ripping the second run, first 2 splits way ahead and skied out.

Gotta finish to win

Great sport though, congratulations given to her competitor. Super proud
    Stoked on the sportsmanship! That's the most important thing

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Taught him everything he knows.

does this work?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    does this work?
    is using tapatalk the only way to post photos?

I believe so.

No slope shots. Apres meadow stroll, but a great closing weekend. No furries for us, but the snow was fun.

ok well

he was the Easter bunny at Dodge Ridge

he’s kinda growed up

Looks like DR had some nice snow for the closer. BTW, that bunny is almost a month late. Miss these days.

it’s been such a pain in the ass to post pictures that I haven’t really bothered to post in a long time