Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Upgrading TGR Forums To VBulletin4

So we are in the midst of upgrading the TGR Forums to VBulletin4. This upgrade should fix some of issues with the current forums and enhance performance. We've stylized the new forums to match the current forums as best as possible. Of course your feedback is important to us so we want to give you guys access for several days before we flip the switch. Keep in mind that the search function will not work until we go live.

You can login and view the new forum beta website at:
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums3/

If you have any serious feedback or suggestions please email us at newforum@tetongravity.com asap. Thanks for the support and we look forward to hearing from you.

good work in style matching... mostly just a few minor changes to get used to visually... except:

1. User info page looks really rough
    2. Can the quote reply go back to the bottom of the post?
    3. Subscriptions going to be maintained?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Email sent.

There is no way this thread is not going to be a clusterfuck.

Meh, I don't particularly like it but I'm always resistant to change. I'll get used to it.

Only if you fix the dates issue. When I log in on the new site, it thinks it is 12-12-2010. Therefore, it says my last log in was 12-12-2010 and the most recent posts I can see are from 12-12-2010. Fix that?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrenchMoose View Post
    Only if you fix the dates issue. When I log in on the new site, it thinks it is 12-12-2010. Therefore, it says my last log in was 12-12-2010 and the most recent posts I can see are from 12-12-2010. Fix that?
    They are testing it off an old copy of the DB.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

bitchin'

Pretty good on ipad (threaded/hybrid view scrolling works okay)
    Like the quick nav @ bottom of thread
    Post # columns were a bit misaligned..?

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    They are testing it off an old copy of the DB.
    Got it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DAFTC View Post
    Pretty good on ipad (threaded/hybrid view scrolling works okay)
    Like the quick nav @ bottom of thread
    Post # columns were a bit misaligned..?
    Did you try logging in? I just tried it on the ipad and got error messages 3 different times.

with the dark background, the light colored icons left of each thread are pretty distracting

is it possible to get a button for "My Threads"? [like the "New Threads" button]
    the functionality would be basically anything I've posted in, listed in order by date of most recent update.

(i guess it's like the subscribed threads feature, but without having to subscribe, and it would appear in the forum mode, not your personal user page)

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    is it possible to get a button for "My Threads"? [like the "New Threads" button]
    the functionality would be basically anything I've posted in, listed in order by date of most recent update.

(i guess it's like the subscribed threads feature, but without having to subscribe, and it would appear in the forum mode, not your personal user page)
    You already can set it up so every thread you post in you automatically get subscribed. So it is only one click to the control panel and you have everything right there exactly how you wanted.

thx, gameface...did not know that
    (however, it is a little funny to see it via the control panel instead of the forum)
    i'll turn it on and see if i get used to it

^Just make sure you turn off email notification or you'll get pissed really quick!

Quote Originally Posted by gameface View Post
    ^Just make sure you turn off email notification or you'll get pissed really quick!
    that was one of my emailed comments, that the 'subscribe to forum' might be a bit of overkill? You want notifications for every post in ski/snowboard??
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    that was one of my emailed comments, that the 'subscribe to forum' might be a bit of overkill? You want notifications for every post in ski/snowboard??
    Well no, not notifications per-se, but it would be cool to have the first 20 or so threads that are listed be the last 20 that you replied in. After those first 20, it would transition to the traditional new threads at the top format. Can this be done easily?

Tapatalk support added?

Please. It still sucks on the iPhone browser. Constant zooming in/out, etc.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrenchMoose View Post
    Well no, not notifications per-se, but it would be cool to have the first 20 or so threads that are listed be the last 20 that you replied in. After those first 20, it would transition to the traditional new threads at the top format. Can this be done easily?
    If you take a look, you'll notice little arrows by threads that you have replied to? That looks like an incoming feature, that i've seen on other forums like bikeforums. Not the same as a search finding just those, but a pretty handy visual imho.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

looks like it automatically resizes pictures that would normally stretch the screen way out. I like that. Overall, I prefer the old version. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I still don't like it.

Quick reply appears to be really small at the bottom of the page. hopefully that can get enlarged.

most importantly, is that annoying "register for this forum" option gone?

better yet, just make uploading naked pictures of your sister, wife etc a mandatory part of enrollment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Few thoughts.

1. The buttons next to posts/forums are obnoxious. Too big and too iPhone-y.
    2. Looking at an actual post, the bar with the time and post # don't seem to fit in where they are right now. Maybe try to incorporate that with the bar with the reply, etc, buttons?... which leads me to
    3. If you hover over the reply/report/etc buttons, the color of those buttons change to make those buttons almost invisible - it's way to close to the bg color
    4. In safari, the quick reply box is silly small. [PIC] it's like half as big as it should be. Haven't looked in other browsers though.
    5. What's with the weird spacing on the thread listing page? [PIC] Again in safari, but I haven't looked in another browser.

...but I think my biggest issue of all of these is the buttons next to the posts (#1 in my list). I find them terribly obnoxious. Please at least make them a bit smaller.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

MAKE WORD WRAP, MAX TEXT SIZE USER-DEFINABLE

I care about one thing above all. A user should see all posts word-wrapped. So if I use a little 12" tablet screen (I do), I shouldn't have to use the damned horizontal scroll bar to read a message without squinting at 20+ words per line, EVER. That minimum character/line number should be very small--there are visually-impaired folks, and some garden-variety geezers like me, who would enjoy this forum if they could only read the text. My Android phone does this, why can't a computer?

Otherwise thanks fellas for the most amazing website I've ever seen. The ability to zip through dozens of high-quality photos without delay or hiccup is a testament to great coding and server hardware.

I didn't see a tag function.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I didn't see a tag function.
    ftw

Tags would be sweet.

You got a captcha in the registration process?