Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    this new format is terrible and functions like pure crap....
    looks like a retarded monkey built it for my grandma to read....
    this site now looks like the readers digest of internet forums....
    ever heard the term, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.....
    obviously not....

“83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

you tube auto embed via url test

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

Quote Originally Posted by HiGrade1 View Post
    this new format is terrible and functions like pure crap....
    looks like a retarded monkey built it for my grandma to read....
    this site now looks like the readers digest of internet forums....
    ever heard the term, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.....
    obviously not....

Check out the new youtube auto embed feature that many have requested that is now supported in VB4. Thanks for the stoke. People like you are the reason we keep this baby up!! Also, thanks for your carefully thought out feedback prior to implementing the software update when we requested it a few weeks ago. We could not have done it without you.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

Just trying to help out - some alignment issues in Mac OSX in firefox of the main forum.

EDIT : fixed -- sweet!
    Last edited by FlakeShredder; 02-09-2011 at 02:17 PM.

jgb@etree Guest
    Have any changes been made to the formatting in the past hour or so? Things were looking good for a while (IE8) but now the message list is all funked up.

Edit: Looks like this:

Edit #2: Looks like it's fixed now. Thanks.
    Last edited by jgb@etree; 02-09-2011 at 01:38 PM.

upgrade?
    thank you so much for fixing a non-problem.
    was this from the regime?

Hayduke Aug 7,1996 GS-Aug 26 2010
    HunterS March 17 09-Oct 24 14

Experiencing an issue with the quick nav menu at the bottom of the page on an iPad. No scroll bars show up, so not all the forums on the list can be accessed.

Does the menu now rely on flash, as never had that problem before.

Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    Well there's my fucking feedback, ass. Learn how to design something better next time than this 1st grade bullshit we got going on.
    true 5678

Hayduke Aug 7,1996 GS-Aug 26 2010
    HunterS March 17 09-Oct 24 14

jgb@etree Guest
    Amazing what big cunts people can be when an upgrade doesn't go exactly as expected.

But then again, we pay TGR good money to keep this site up for us, so we've got the right to bitch, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Amazing what big cunts people can be when an upgrade doesn't go exactly as expected.

But then again, we pay TGR good money to keep this site up for us, so we've got the right to bitch, right?
    Agreed. That said how do I get rid of the email notifications from TGR when someone replies to a thread I have posted in? It did not do this before and I don't need or want them. TGR you are filling up my inbox - please stop. Thanks.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Agreed. That said how do I get rid of the email notifications from TGR when someone replies to a thread I have posted in? It did not do this before and I don't need or want them. TGR you are filling up my inbox - please stop. Thanks.
    Go up top to 'forum actions' then 'general settings'. If you go halfway down that page there's a bit on notifications/subscribed threads.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Does anyone know how to get full expansion? I ripped most of the page, but still have a lot of white on the right hand side of the screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	93018  

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Does anyone know how to get full expansion? I ripped most of the page, but still have a lot of white on the right hand side of the screen.
    Go to the bottom of the page and use the 'quick style chooser' - set your style to tgr-vb4

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Looks to me like the snowlab, most recent vid/pic, etc takes up that space, gameface has some workaround that gets rid of the banner ads or sumpin. I'd try it, but am concerned that it might involve gerbils.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

None of those suggestions work. Their must be a hidden object that I cannot remove.

The dark red you just went to for page numbers and links is really hard to read against the blue.

jgb@etree Guest
    Yeah, read threads are the same blood red color and don't show up very well at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Go up top to 'forum actions' then 'general settings'. If you go halfway down that page there's a bit on notifications/subscribed threads.
    Thanks. Thought I changed it to unsubscribe but it is still doing it. WTF did I not do? Help me.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Can't find complete forum drop down menu, ith padded room and polly-ass?

And search is still beyond suck.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Trippy. Each time i hit new posts the format's different. Picked a bad week to quit methadone...

Unless I'm a fucking idiot which is possible, you can't search for "threads created by" with this new bulletin layout. For instance, I did a search for tgr420 and the thread about the discount code on all their stuff doesn't populate.

EDIT - it kinda works but shows you like 5% content of what there should be.

Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    Unless I'm a fucking idiot which is possible, you can't search for "threads created by" with this new bulletin layout.
    Try the advanced search button, but be aware there's two 'pages' to choose from.

lots to learn on this, i'm on a couple other forums that use vB4, and never saw issues, but they're tiny, like comparing a snowlerblade with a pontoon...

edit: whoa, yeah, did the same search, see just what ya mean. Seems to be something wonky in the search results sorting algorithm. [whatever the fuck that means...]

Sure this will be fixed but everything is very tiny when you click on one of the forums.....

and the formatting for the music/books/movies forum label doesn't word wrap or whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer28 View Post
    Sure this will be fixed but everything is very tiny when you click on one of the forums.....
    +1
    I think I need my beer goggles to see the thread titles.(they magnify)
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."