Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Good to know, maybe it's just showing up cuz of the moderator log-in.
    Nope... if you do "new posts" you see the person who started the thread underneath but if you go to individual forums, you don't. Weird... emailing dev.

New format is absolutely horrible. The whole layout is just terrible and makes it so much harder to follow posts. Seems like some fonts are way too big and others too small. If anything, this format will certainly curb my surfing which may or may not be a good thing.

And the fact that I can't shrink the width of my browser (FF) without getting rid of the ads on the right side is crap too. Seriously. Make money elsewhere than forcing us to deal with that.

Not a fan of the new layout...

The threads screen is now wasting a ton of vertical space. And those silly thread icons are HUGE.

Fonts are all over the map. Before they were one type of font just different sizes. Now just about every different UI element is using a different font and it looks like shit. I would take some screenshots to show but the old UI is gone. The only font that seems right is the main text for a post, quoted text is way off, join date font in right side of header of post is way off, signature under your handle is way off.

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    New format is absolutely horrible. The whole layout is just terrible and makes it so much harder to follow posts. Seems like some fonts are way too big and others too small. If anything, this format will certainly curb my surfing which may or may not be a good thing.
    And the fact that I can't shrink the width of my browser (FF) without getting rid of the ads on the right side is crap too. Seriously. Make money elsewhere than forcing us to deal with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    Not a fan of the new layout...

The threads screen is now wasting a ton of vertical space. And those silly thread icons are HUGE.

Fonts are all over the map. Before they were one type of font just different sizes. Now just about every different UI element is using a different font and it looks like shit. I would take some screenshots to show but the old UI is gone. The only font that seems right is the main text for a post, quoted text is way off, join date font in right side of header of post is way off, signature under your handle is way off.
    Good thing you offered your feedback 2 weeks ago when this thread was started then huh?

I didn't see a response from you here and I bet anything that you didn't email newforum@tetongravity.com with your complaints like asked to. Guess it's just easier to whine like a bitch than to help them with feedback.

Well there's my fucking feedback, ass. Learn how to design something better next time than this 1st grade bullshit we got going on.

I saw this thread two weeks ago, however, at that time no link was posted to preview the new UI, and the thread quickly because a request list, so I never looked again. I just located my settings page and was able to select the default vb4 UI, which is much more tolerable, that plus the blue background would be fine for now.

I suspect these style options are just CSS, fixing this should be easy.

What I'm getting at NPG is, before your whole world got thrown into a tizzy over this change, maybe it could have been fixed before hand.

Fine. You have a point and my butthurt whining should have been addressed much earlier than today, but I was under the impression that we the users had the option to either (A) deal with the new format, or (B) stick with the old.

^^ All programmers know that feedback doesn't really happen until you put the update into place.

I second removing the thread/post icons. They serve no purpose (?) and are distracting.

New font unfortunately does not jive with the colour palette and forum style. It's tough on the eyes to scan thread titles. New font <bold> doesn't jive well, very thick.

Quick reply box is 3/5ths column width?

I know the CSS is a bitch but switch up the font if you can. Removing the thread/post icons might require some surgery, but probably worthwhile.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    the "vB4 default" graphics (white/gray background) are a lot easier on the eyes than the "tgr-vB4" (black background)
    THIS

Much better, at least all the text font is uniform.
    Here's some wierdness. I usually don't log out, so when opened up the forum this morning, it already recognized me. Then I logged out, but could not get back in. Looks like that is fixed now. Thanks guys.

I don't understand the logic. TGR(a BUSINESS) provides us with forums to pretty much run wild on. If they want to sell a little ad space I have no problem with that. They are after all a business. Bandwidth isn't free.

++ I just looked at the default vB4.

The font & bolding only look better because of the white background. Blue/black requires a different font and sizing for various header options.

However the Reply: column width is column width in the default?

Default vb4 has very large post message headers -- weird -- glad to see that in TGR version post count is Aligned Top

I sympathize with your pain. Dismantling CSS is not particularly fun times.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by Session View Post
    I don't understand the logic. TGR(a BUSINESS) provides us with forums to pretty much run wild on. If they want to sell a little ad space I have no problem with that. They are after all a business. Bandwidth isn't free.
    I have no problem with the ads. What I have a problem with is when I shrink the width of my browser, the ads are permanently affixed even on a very small scale and being able to navigate through thread titles becomes cumbersome and difficult.

Keep posting feedback. We will be implementing changes over the next few days/week based on input. VB4 upgrade is necessary for support, spam and other things. Our goal is to style this as close to the old style as possible.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

Quote Originally Posted by Session View Post
    I agree and while I could easily block ads- I do not as long as they have no sound or other annoying properties to them (like a pop over ad that you have to close to see the page that some other free sites use.

The more I look around, the more I like the vB4 default view. Whatever changes you make to the TGR view style, can you still keep the default option available? Please?

More or less looks the same to me - good work. One suggestion: Is there any way to make a thread highlighted after you have clicked on it? I always liked that option so I could see what I had already clicked.

Can you please make it possible to simply drop in a youtube embed URL instead of having people memorize the code for it?
    www.DeathCookieEntertainment.com

Sometimes fear just means that you need to push your shins into the front of your ski boots and fuckin send it!

Quote Originally Posted by HotTate View Post
    Can you please make it possible to simply drop in a youtube embed URL instead of having people memorize the code for it?
    You mean like this?

vB4 has a video embed button that works.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HotTate View Post
    +many to the above

I block ads; I'm not going to unblock just for TGR. All that remains is a useless sidebar for the snowlab with it's bad data, Facebook connect with a whole bunch of losers, and the shitty pic feed.

PLEASE fix the font

Otherwise, good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

damn gameface, that little piece of film next to the image and link buttons? Gonna try it, stand back...

http://www.youtube.com/uxCSSzb0I9o

ok, i'm an idiot. How the hell does the imbed function work?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

did I miss the discussion about image resizing? Looks like anything bigger than 800x600 is getting resized to 800x600?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2011-02-09 at 1.41.32 PM.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	93013

You guys can see this and I'm not going crazy right? Just want to make sure it isn't cached on my system and that it is indeed working.