Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

GRAND PRIZE WINNER ANNOUNCED Smith Optics We Make the Great Days Better Contest

Smith Optics is proud to announce a season long contest series available only on TGR. There will be a new contest every 3 weeks so there are plenty of chances for you to win. The winner of each contest will receive a goggle/helmet/sunglass gear kit from Smith and will be eligible to win The Grand Prize, a fully guided ski trip to Antarctica with http://www.iceaxe.tv/.

You must submit your entry though the contest page.
    Smith Optics We Make the Great Days Better Contest

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    For those of you that don't know, I work for Smith Optics and I just wanted to kick this thread off and let you know how much we appreciate all of your support over the years. We are excited to get this contest series started up and think it will generate some great content while giving you a chance to win some quality Smith gear and a shot at the Grand Prize--a ski trip to Antarctica scheduled for the Fall of 2011. Special thanks to Doug Stoup at www.iceaxe.tv for making this Grand Prize possible.

lets have some fun with this...
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

Kicking it off

November 1st hiking around Targhee with my son. The super deep had not hit yet, but early hiking was super cool and we got to try out his new boards. I had asked Kai if he wanted to drop in from the stairs on the first run and he said no way. After the first run he was super fired up and told me he wanted to hit it. His stoke afterwards was as good as it gets. This truly was a November to remember moment.

Not a bad fourth day....

I made the decision to switch from snowboarding to skiing...this was day four....i made the right choice!

Quote Originally Posted by carlosz View Post
    Not a bad fourth day....

I made the decision to switch from snowboarding to skiing...this was day four....i made the right choice!
    What. November. That is insane.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

Hmmm, luckily I got a pic the day after Thanksgiving. But it sucks compared to the two already posted. I'd be happy with my Smith Prodigy Lenses being warrantied though. No need to send me to Antartica.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

great start to the season!

What a great way to start the season! Cracked my goggles on this trip, need a new pair!

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TGR420 View Post
    Kicking it off

November 1st hiking around Targhee with my son. The super deep had not hit yet, but early hiking was super cool and we got to try out his new boards. I had asked Kai if he wanted to drop in from the stairs on the first run and he said no way. After the first run he was super fired up and told me he wanted to hit it. His stoke afterwards was as good as it gets. This truly was a November to remember moment.
    ^ nice pic

I guess I spent too much time skiing pow and not enough time taking pictures this past snowvember
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

First Snow

My son was born on the first snow this year! I'd love to experience Antarctica on skis.

WINAR WINAR CHICKEN DINER!

I think going to the beach would be great..!!! ice, penguins, snow, mountains to ski on?.. wow! snow and ice year round? sounds like a dreamland. PICK ME!! Who needs palm trees and sand anyway. Or just the smith package would be awesome! Antartica would be better!

Cirque Traverse - November 21, 2010

Sunday 21st November, insane winds atop the Cirque at Snowbird, lots of early season powder and face shots galore. Rocking the green Smith hat for the fifth year in a row, beard is new though...

TJ wins.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

My Favorite View

just keeping it real

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    WINAR WINAR CHICKEN DINER!

I think going to the beach would be great..!!! ice, penguins, snow, mountains to ski on?.. wow! snow and ice year round? sounds like a dreamland. PICK ME!! Who needs palm trees and sand anyway. Or just the smith package would be awesome! Antartica would be better!
    LOL it says my post was an unregistered user....This is my pic. NOBODY BETTER BE CLAIMING IT!! haha pick me!

De Chile pue!!

I ski since i'm a kid, and also a former enduro, motocross and downhill mountainbike racer... and always - always have used smith goggles and sunglasses. For sure, one your most loyal customer you have.

T-bar opens onto 3'

Heres the most amazing opening day in Breckenridge's 50 year history. Photos are all about optics and lenses. The only way this could be better, is to have seen it through my favorite Smith Goggles. I must win this as my head is specially shaped to only fit the most amazing helmets ever!! Smith helmet/goggles are the only ones that fit! Nothing else will do.

Early Season Vermont

Well out here on the East we don't get quite as much snow but that don't get the best of us. The crew and I have been touring, hiking, and snowshoeing all over the Northern territory of Vermont for a total of 10 days this year. That might not seem like a lot on the West Coast, but out here we've had very limited options. We still get at 'er and make the best out of it. Cheers from VT -- alpine-live.com

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Mirror View from chair 2

I will remember this November as the year I arrived at dawn on opening day and ended up on second chair in spite of being two hours early. I should win this contest because I didn't get first chair (how very sad), and because my photo's title rhymes.

Swiss BC Switch First Tracks- Patrik Suwak

This photo was taken during the 09/10 season in the Jungrau Alps. It dumped a couple feet in Grindelwald, Switzerland the day before this picture was taken. We returned the next day and the sun came out that morning. Having skied this zone before with some buddies, I decided to take a line switch and get first tracks. Wish I had some Smith I/O's on to see all the pow I was slashing up!!! Photo credit Nick Bivens.

Disappearing act

This shot by Larry Pierce of me on 11-18-10 sums up how good November was. From powder turns before Halloween to waist deep, over the head snow, on the last day of the month, November in Steamboat was one to remember. The conditions are as good or better than last february. We are calling it Novembruary. Here's to a December to remember.

First Day November 2010

What a great and early start to the season in Oregon. I can't recall such a beautiful November day on the mountain. Here's my take on the day courtesy of my trusty, but old, Smith "tripod." Would love a new package from Smith to capture more of this.

Contours and textures

Ahtlete Ron Shevock explores the contours and textures of November powder - their intricacies brilliantly illuminated by late afternoon light. The fact that this image was captured late in the day, in a ski resort, in November adds to its preciousness.

November 24, 2010 - a day we could be thankful for.

Thanks for the contest opportunities guys, but could you try to improve the compression just a little for the next contest? Bati and Larry Pierce must be crying ... those images have great colors and must be sharp, but not after uploading through the submission form. Thanks!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

5 November, Tateyama, Japan

Why should I win? I shouldn't win, but Japan needs representation and this is the earliest shot of good mountain snow you will find from here this season. My buddy and I were the only two skiers (not athletes) there and scored two great lines. We also skied in late Roctober, and the debt in p-tex was paid with interest.
    Last edited by neck beard; 12-03-2010 at 05:40 AM.