Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    only two skiers
    I had to throw that one in there, especially because after the first day of skiing for the season he went to go race a cyclocross race! I was lucky to have enough strength to walk back to the car ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Talking

haha, gotya

Here is your pic again anyway. It is awesome. I didn't mean to bump it off the end of the last page with my blurry scenic as top of page.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Contours and textures

Ahtlete Ron Shevock explores the contours and textures of November powder - their intricacies brilliantly illuminated by late afternoon light. The fact that this image was captured late in the day, in a ski resort, in November adds to its preciousness.

November 24, 2010 - a day we could be thankful for.
    Life is not lift served.

Turkey Day in White Pine

Shot early on Thanksgiving morning. Arrived at the White Pine trailhead in Little Cottonwood canyon to -5 degree temperatures. But it ended up being a great day! Powder, Turkey, and Beer!

Sweet Crystal backcountry

Smith is the premier eye protection. Turns like these in the northwest sun needs to be done in style. My Smith glasses and goggles are gettin' old and I would look great in a new set.

Fine! We'll hike then!

What do you do when you're pounded with feet of snow and your resort won't open yet? You go anyways. Efforts paid off early season and we spent the two weeks prior to the Kirkwood opening hiking their bowls and shredding pow. I deserve to win because I want it bad enough to work for it...

How to beat the queues

because there's nothing better than sliding down snow and flying through the air :-) xxx

Beehive stump jump

My helmet is twelve years old. A new one should help me remember this past November.

Grace the Powder Hound

I really need the gear and doesn't my dog just look bad ass sitting on top of Glory.

Gape Eagle

My friend is a photographer. Loveland gives him a free pass for taking pics around the mountain. I buy my own pass and throw gaperish airs so my friend can ski for free. My form was so terrible in this picture that now I am afraid to show my face in Summit County, much less enter a ski shop to purchase replacements for my well worn smith goggles and non-smith (inferior) helmet. This shot was taken on the second day Loveland was open and during the first of a series of storms that made this a November to remember in Colorado! The sunglasses I would probably have to forfeit to my wife.

About to drop Classic Chute @ Squaw Valley

I'm standing at the very top of Classic Chute, which is an epic run @ squaw, with the clear lake behind me and Incline village to the east. The early season storms have made this pitch/run truly "classic": long, steep, narrow and very exciting. I'm a great representative of your brand, and will provide you with a lot of positive input in the online world and the real world: Squaw Valley and Tahoe Backcountry

Amazing Mt. Baker Opening Day.

Opening at Mt. Baker was mind blowing this year! Deep fresh snow, blue bird day, and smiles all around. We had to hit up the Shuksan Arm and see what kind of trouble we could find! Ended up doing laps tell dark. Gotta love the Pacific Northwest! I am a poor college student that is still sporting the hand me down gear. A new pair of goggles and helmet would help out the pocket greatly and maybe even help me remember all this school junk I am wasting my money on.

Telluride

Early season In Telluride, CO. Waiting for snow and hoping that la nina doesn't leave us too dry this year.

Free Refills!

I clearly should not win, but it's always fun to play! (and my packed-out, badly in need of replacement hemlet could use an upgrade!)

Besides, it's always fun to resurrect a great moment in time... Cheers to the coming season!
    Last edited by DoWork; 12-16-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Going Solo on Thanksgiving

I used to be a skier living in the mountain 15 years ago, now I have a wife of almost 3 months and live in the city. Only get to the mountains only once in a while now. Need to move back to the mountains.

A Spot Like This Is Where You Want a Smith Helmet

A spot like this off a cliff a good smith helmet and goggle would help very much stomping these cliffs. I deserve to win because I need gear that can keep up with my skiing progression.

Some great stuff in here. G and I were perusing this earlier and commenting on how rad the submissions are so far...keep 'em coming! If you think about it, you have pretty damned good odds at winning a TRIP TO THE GNAR!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Can't see ... Doesn't matter

I may not have a lot of money. My ski clothes are all stained & dirty and my googles are all scratched. People look at me funny at the resort because I resemble some sort of dirty snow soldier. I don't shave or cut my hair. I am always broke and don't have a winter job.

Am I complaining? Nope. Bragging. I ski 150+ days a year.

October 17th Turns on Castlerock in the Mank

After camping in northern VT and hitting up an UllrFest Pig Roast, we woke up to 2ft of fresh in Castlerock at Sugarbush. Well worth the hike and the Smith Prodigy goggles cut through the mank! Lots of Backseat skiing first day out.

3 guys fooling around in the early season POW at Squaw!

I think I should win because of a few main reasons:

1) I am a snow crazed maniac. I got 7 days of snow time in November this year already.

2) I love Smith products, but my helmet is getting old and has a big crack in it now!

Hook me up!

Sugarbush

WOW! I should win because I have been riding on the snow longer than most of you grommets. I may be older than you, but I will beat you to the bottom every time.

First day at Crystal

Waiting in line with daddy - but he needs a helmet to be cool like me. Please pick us so we can have fun and be safe all season.

Degree in shreducation

My friends think im trekking to a histology final, to be placed at a desk in a cramped room and forced to regurgitate pointless drivel. But my mind is elsewhere as I stand on top of the world, in the next 90 seconds I will face a test of guts that could never be taught in a classroom. My line, snaking along cliffbands and spines, will draw my answer on white puffy parchment. Teacher, I think i just passed.

Endless Powder Run in November

Checking avalanche report - $0.00
    Hiking at dawn - $0.00
    Digging a snowpit - $0.00
    No lift ticket, lines, or boundaries - Priceless and oh yeah $0.00

Hole in One

Because you can still get a hole in one, even off the golf course

waiting for opening day at crystal

I am a huge supporter of smith products and enjoy using them in snow, sand, and surf. The design and style keeps me coming back for more each year. I am an ambassador for smith where ever I go. I would be thrilled to ski tour in Antartica. I have toured throughout Europe and found their mountain culture amazing. I am sure the penguins would be a culture I could embrace with their fancy dress codes, et al. Pick me, pick me.