Check Out Our Shop

183 Bentchetler too big?

FYI Im 5'8" 130lbs, aggressive skier.

These would be used in Colorado for whenever there are more than a inch or two of fresh snow, so mostly trees and powder.

My park skis are usually in the 169-172 range and I am kind of unfamiliar about how much to size up for a powder ski.

any thoughts?

You'll be fine if you keep it in softer snow, but be careful on harder stuff. It skis shorter than the length because of the early rise. Sick skis for sure!

Should be perfect. as was said, you lose a few cm of length to rcocker.

what i hear is, when going to a rockered ski add ~10cm. so if your skiing a 172 park ski then 183 bentchetler sounds perfect to me.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

/hijack
    too short for me to use as an everyday ski? 6' 170lbs. Decent skier. I'm worried with the rocker it will feel too short, but I have a centered stance and I like trees, so it might not be.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

im not sure the bentchetler is what you would call an "everyday" ski...and here is a thread with people saying its too short for anything: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ht=bentchetler

Quote Originally Posted by dynodonkeyaltabird View Post
    and here is a thread with people saying its too short for anything:
    I don't know if I buy that. I was skiing with some Amer people up at Snowbasin and the guy from Sunto was on them and he was just killin it.

all i know is that they have the coolest bases ive seen.

Quote Originally Posted by dynodonkeyaltabird View Post
    im not sure the bentchetler is what you would call an "everyday" ski...and here is a thread with people saying its too short for anything: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ht=bentchetler
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I don't know if I buy that. I was skiing with some Amer people up at Snowbasin and the guy from Sunto was on them and he was just killin it.
    Too short, too long, everyday, etc. are all relative terms. i know a few people who skied those everyday last year, and loved them. They said they ripped and were super versatile. I skied praxis pows for 70ish days last year. Hardly an everyday ski, but technically speaking, it was my everyday ski. Some people are also taller and heavier than others. For me a 194 dynastar xxl is too big, for a guy we both know, it was too small. Some people might say that ski is too poppy or soft for an everyday ski, others might think its perfect. Everything in terms of describing qualities of a ski is relative.

If you like a ski, and can kill it on that ski, than ski it.
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"