Check Out Our Shop
Page 102 of 184 FirstFirst ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 4599
    Finally! Sierra was excellent!! I have face-shot burn. Darned favorite stashes aren't so secret anymore though... Still boney here and there, but we have a respectable snowpack... and more on the way.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Meyer View Post
    Um, can I get a BAP BAP BAP?

From Dr. Howard:

NEXT UP STEAM SYSTEM LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER 1 FOOT PLUS BEGINNING TUESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY AM. THEN ANOTHER STORM BEGINNING EARLY FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH EARLY SATURDAY MORNING THEN ANOTHER WEAK WAVE SATURDAY NIGHT WITH A LARGER STORM MONDAY INTO TUESDAY NIGHT....FOLLOWED BY YET AN EVEN LARGER STORM THURSDAY....MORE THEN A WEEK AWAY.

IT APPEARS THAT "AS THE LONG WAVE UPPER HIGH SLOWLY RETROGRADES MORE TO THE WEST THE STORMS GET LARGER"....MOVE SLOWER, AND ARE WETTER. WE ARE POSSIBLY LOOKING AT SOME SINGLE STORMS NEXT WEEK THAT MAY BRING 4 TO 5 FEET WITHIN A TWO DAY PERIOD...LATER IN THE MONTH.
    ooo baby...keeping fingers crossed that this pans out.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Kirkwood backside didn't open today. Dear Lord. Tomorrow will be sickter. Can anyone report if Eagle Bowl/Lower Cirque was opened today?
    the wood was off the hook today. almost got in a fight trying to move up to my friends in the ten lineup. the whole lineup got their panties in a wad. then numerous chairs went up with only two because there was no singles line. fucking douchebags. OTOH, at that point I had forgotten my pack and my pass.

don't know about eagle bowl, but i don't think so. they even stopped guarding it. tomorrow will be risickulous.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by freshies View Post
    that's what i was afraid of, and kinda glad i wasn't there today. pent up powder frenzy + sharks underneath = carnage

hope no mags got banged up too bad
    Yeah...after the carnage of 12/20 broken shoulder powder shark incident at Alpine, I played safe today and rode pow over groomer or areas that I know were relatively rock, log and stump free. I managed to find plenty of fun and am working up the courage to go to work tomorrow.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    ooo baby...keeping fingers crossed that this pans out.
    Me too...I'm gonna wash my Subie tonight! Bear in mind that is Dr. Howard from Mammoth, but we typically get more or less the same from big storms....

Um, can I get a BAP BAP BAP?
    BAAAAAP BAP BAP BAP
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

Tahoe is finally firing on all cylinders! Best Squaw day of 09 so far!

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    BAAAAAP BAP BAP BAP
    Does that mean you are buying plane tix right now? Methinks we have the makings of round two indeed. Put out the wombat-signal?

I'll be down skiing 2 days next weekend... Is Squaw where most of the mags seem to head? Or is it pretty spread out? I'm hoping to meet up with some mags when I'm down there from Canuck land...

you all can thank me for the goodness.

1) washed the truck
    2) boots were left in rental car with the little lady up in seattle

so those two un-selfish acts blessed you all with the goodies.

i'll stand back and let the 'thank you's' roll on in....

1 WIDE Ski
    'and don't worry its clean, because I never get laid anyways.' - leroy jenkins

Does that mean you are buying plane tix right now? Methinks we have the makings of round two indeed. Put out the wombat-signal?
    Dude the wombat signal is up. I don't know if Bill and Basom will receive it though as they are heads-down on their east coast mobile man-fluffer biz. I, on the other hand, am now living in SF and am trying to figure out how to get up there Wednesday night, Thursday at the latest. My wife and I are in on a house with friends ~1 mile from Squaw on the Truckee side of 89. We shall hang soon. Hopefully you'll see me hitching up 89 on Thursday AM...
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

It was absolutely PUKING snow last night in SLT/Meyers. I could barely see 10 feet in front of the car and I had to rely on previous tracks/side reflector poles.

I woke up with a foot plus on my car and I depressingly had to drive back to work in SF.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    Dude the wombat signal is up. I don't know if Bill and Basom will receive it though as they are heads-down on their east coast mobile man-fluffer biz.
    Bill was all systems go for President's Day weekend and then decided it wasn't worth the money.

Basom can't afford to ski anymore because he spends all his money on his fixed gear bicycle, deadstock Levis from the 1950s, and limited colorway Addidas Superstars.

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    I hucked a cliff on my last run. I didn't think it was that big, but I hit hard enough to pull out both of the shoulder straps on my backpack.
    That's a lie, we all know there's no cliffs where you ski

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    Of course, some people missed the clue train:
    HAHAHA that's great, they probably did that to antijinx ullr!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenRun View Post
    Best Squaw day of 09 so far!
    Best of 09 or best of 08/09 season ... Better than 12/26 ?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by KaLiStO View Post
    I'll be down skiing 2 days next weekend... Is Squaw where most of the mags seem to head? Or is it pretty spread out? I'm hoping to meet up with some mags when I'm down there from Canuck land...
    There will be maggots at every single resort - Squaw, Alpine, Rose, Heavenly, Kirkwood. Mostly Squaw Alpine and Kirkwood. Be aware that it is a holiday weekend, and typically the busiest ski weekend of the year in Tahoe The modestly mitigating good news is that the economy is crap and that Tahoe has not been nearly as crowded this year as it has in some years past.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by GreenRun View Post
    Tahoe is finally firing on all cylinders! Best Squaw day of 09 so far!
    HELL YEAH! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Great runs all day! Too many face shots to count! Got KT this AM, timed the Headwall opening pretty good, got a few traverse runs from Shirley over to lower Rockpile where it was waist deep and finished off with a Tower 16 run which again yielded some face shots. Granite never opened but patrol was doing laps so should be good to go first thing in tomorrow.
    I will sleep well tonight!
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

BSS Guest
    I think this is the first time I can remember KW under reporting in quite a few years, because that was an easy 3' of overhead blower pretty much everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Is it greedy to hope that 10 & 4 don't open all day?

EDIT: Damn, 10 is now open.
    you need to get a 4wd so you don't miss out on days like today. uber deep all over.
    Snow Flake Killer

squaw valley usa international mountain resort
    -------Squaw Valley USA ---------

I'm going to go ahead and say that today was the deepest and lightest snow I have seen in a few years. I was on the fattest skis they make and I was choking every turn on my first run. Fist chair was well worth the wait. DEEP blower pow on West Face. I really had a tough time seeing and breathing. It's been a while since thats happened. Things got better as the day went on. Headwall was pretty sweet until 330. Getting wind buffed on the face.

Anyone see the back flip off the top of Headwall Rock (??) Sketchiest inrun ever.....to uphill landing. Mike Wilson has a different way of looking at things I guess.

Today was all time. Tomorrow, I look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    There will be maggots at every single resort - Squaw, Alpine, Rose, Heavenly, Kirkwood. Mostly Squaw Alpine and Kirkwood. Be aware that it is a holiday weekend, and typically the busiest ski weekend of the year in Tahoe The modestly mitigating good news is that the economy is crap and that Tahoe has not been nearly as crowded this year as it has in some years past.
    Thanks man. I know this is busy time, but it's also the only time I can get time off school to actually go somewhere.

I'll probably be ripping by myself, so hopefully I can get away from the crowds. That said, I should probably decide what mountain I'll be on, and if any mags will let me tag along...

i would like to start by saying that i am sick so i am prolly going to sound a little bitter but,

kirkwood was the sickness today, but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they fucking suck total dick.

i hear on rsn this morning that "we're going to switch it up and open chair 10 first."

what the fuck is that. i am thinking ok 6 must be broken. go wait in 10s line until it drops at 10:30.....bang 6 opens simultaniously. wtf

are they so chip SEAMANSed out that they have no staff to fix broken chairlifts, throw bombs????????? i need a fucking job

other than that it was a great day. the skiing was great, snow was deep, but seriously was it this fuct before the chip seamans era?
    whatever I feel like i what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuthon View Post
    you need to get a 4wd so you don't miss out on days like today. uber deep all over.
    Screw you!

Gonna be there tomorrow?
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    i would like to start by saying that i am sick so i am prolly going to sound a little bitter but,

kirkwood was the sickness today, but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they fucking suck total dick.

i hear on rsn this morning that "we're going to switch it up and open chair 10 first."

what the fuck is that. i am thinking ok 6 must be broken. go wait in 10s line until it drops at 10:30.....bang 6 opens simultaniously. wtf

are they so chip SEAMANSed out that they have no staff to fix broken chairlifts, throw bombs????????? i need a fucking job

other than that it was a great day. the skiing was great, snow was deep, but seriously was it this fuct before the chip seamans era?
    I can't tell you how it used to be but I can tell you how little I expect out of them. This year I don't even wait in the 6 lineup on storm days, straight to 10. It's been open with no lineup shortly after 6, or before 6 so many times this year already ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by obscure reference View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and say that today was the deepest and lightest snow I have seen in a few years. I was on the fattest skis they make and I was choking every turn on my first run.
    ugh, it hurts to read that. I have a hard time believing it was lighter than 12/26 snow but there is more base now so more lines are going now then they were that day. Anyway, glad you enjoyed it while us suckers who went to work kept staring back at this thread

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

i think i just jinxed tahoe.

i couldn't come up tomorrow because i had tickets to Wicked with the lady; but i just sold them on craigslist (sorry honey..well that is what she gets for going out of town for work! oh and you might want to get a taxi from the airport. how long do yo think she will stand there until she realizes i am not picking her up?) and i can now commence the slaying of 30"+ of dreamy pow pow for the next 3 days.
    1 WIDE Ski
    'and don't worry its clean, because I never get laid anyways.' - leroy jenkins

Quote Originally Posted by KaLiStO View Post
    Thanks man. I know this is busy time, but it's also the only time I can get time off school to actually go somewhere.

I'll probably be ripping by myself, so hopefully I can get away from the crowds. That said, I should probably decide what mountain I'll be on, and if any mags will let me tag along...
    Just make laps on KT all day and you will run into someone...and if for some reason you get bored then go to headwall..then go back to KT...

Yes today was better than 12/26 actually IMHO itwas the best since super bowl sunday last year. More base, deeper and not the bad energy looming from the incident the day xmass day.

Next 10 days are what we have been waiting for....so call in sick, quite your job and do what ever you have to and just ski your ass off!