- What:Bozeman premiere of Mountain Revelations
- When:Thursday, October 28. Doors at 6:30, Film at 7:30
- Where:Emerson Center for the Arts
- How Much:Tickets are $15 advance, $20 day of show
- Details:One-night only premiere of this powerful snowboarding film. Consistent with current venue policies, masks are required for attendance at this event - we will update this page should this change.
Show - 7:30Buy Tickets
Mountain Revelations follows three professional snowboarders – Jeremy Jones, Ryan Hudson, and Rafael Pease - on a human-powered 10-day mission in a remote corner of the Chugach Mountain Range in Alaska. As they explore epic lines on the steep and unforgiving terrain, the physical and emotional challenges they overcome during the harsh, endless days of the waning Alaskan winter serve as a catalyst to examine the roles their backgrounds had on their respective paths to this expedition.
Their stories could not be more different – from Ryan Hudson growing up homeless on the streets of San Diego to finding the mountains and changing his life, to Rafael’s experiences growing up between Miami, Texas, and Chile and becoming a young, elite mountain explorer, to Jeremy Jones’ adventures growing up on Cape Cod and evolving into the world’s preeminent big mountain snowboarders. However, despite the differences in socioeconomic backgrounds, skin color, and opportunity, they each found their paths and passions in the mountains. Mountain Revelations showcase their stories while addressing the hurdles – institutional racism, lack of access to opportunity, wealth disparity, and more - that were overcome along the way.
Within these wild Alaskan Mountains, the realities and stark disparity of their respective journeys are revealed with a candidness and honest reflection that makes the mountain challenges pale in comparison to the everyday challenges that too many people continue to face every day.