Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WTB - New 04/05 Volkl Gotama

Can anyone recommend an online retailer that actually stocks the 04/05 Gotama in a 190cm.

What prices am I going to be looking at - I know the volkl website says it is around US$725 - but what is the price on the street?

Any other tips or hints.

Thanks
    Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

Nobody has them right now. They're supposed to hit the country in the next week or so. At least that's the word straight from Volkl. I called their warranty department last week. They said the shipment was leaving for the US in a week or two and then it would take a few days to send them out to the shops.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

gotama

I don't know if they have them in stock yet.... Price is a little higher than what the street price will be once they do hit the market.

check out cupolo sports in a week or two. they offer pretty good discounts.

Originally posted by non grata
    I bought my Tecnica Icon Alu Comp's from Cupolo's last week. Incredible prices! Ask for Jay in the ski dept., he calls the shots on pricing.

Tip: Tell them you belong to the epicski(gaper) forum and they will ship your stuff for free. Seriously.
    Last edited by hyasakyte; 08-24-2004 at 08:21 AM.

Originally posted by hyasakyte

Tip: Tell them you belong to the epicski(gaper) forum and they will ship your stuff for free. Seriously.
    Damn, I wish I knew that a week ago, just bought some Beasts (boot) from them for $250.... was going to buy the Icon myself, but went with what I knew would fit. They are the only store I have ever seen sell high-end boots in small sizes for low prices. They have a good selection of skis too, suprising for a large wholesaler like that.

Done and done, just bought them through the Australian distributor - they will be here within a week.

Just in time for the weekend at the snow.

Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

I was talking to skiershop.com back when i wanted a pair and they said when they get them in they will be about 15% off before the season.

Originally posted by non grata
    Fair warning, a group buy was put together for the maggots last year with Jay at Cupolo's. My experience was positive; I got my explosivs quickly. Other's had a not so positive experence. After hearing their stories and knowing what I know from speaking to Jay, I proabaly wouldn't choose to do business with him again. Search for the thread, I forget if it's here or on powmag (heh). Buyer beware.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Just a quick question in relation to length.

I am 6ft 1 (185cm) and 190lb (87kg).

Is the 190cm Gotama going to be too big?

The other choice is 183 cm - but I understand the Gotama already skis shorter than it is anyway.

Originally posted by Ski Beaver

The other choice is 183 cm - but I understand the Gotama already skis shorter than it is anyway.
    imho they are pretty easy to handle, I think someone your size could handle the 190 just fine..guess it depends on what you ski though.

Originally posted by Ski Beaver

Definitely stay with the 190cm. They ski short.

Get the 190's, I'm on the 183's and sometimes they feel like snowlerblades.

They definitely ski short , I guess partly because of the big turned up tail.

All depends on what you're looking for.

They have arrived!

Quiver now reads;

Gotama, V-Pro and 724 EXP.

Bastard!!! Mine don't ship for another week or so.

PM sent SB
    Last edited by doofdoof; 08-31-2004 at 04:25 PM.

PM sent.

?

Quiver now reads; Gotama, V-Pro and 724 EXP
    so beav.....when would you use the V-Pro over the G4's?
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

They aren't not the G4's they are 724 EXP's in a 177cm.

They are 74mm in the waist and are an all mountain carver and I use them a whole lot out here.

The V-Pro's in 180 cm (83mm waist) are for mucking around in the pipe, park and powder days.

I have just added the Gotama 190 cm ( waist 105mm) for my trip to Niseko in January and for sheer stupidity factor here in Oz.

SB, one of our mates has a pair of Fischer Big Stix 106s (106 mm waist), he too brings them out for the stupidity factor. Only seen him on them once ....

With any luck my bindings will arrive - (thanks sportsliquidator.com) within the 4 days they said and I can have them mounted and ready to go for the weekend after this one coming.

You going to be around?

The Big Stix 106 is my everyday ski here at Baker... At least until the midseason release of the 101mm 191cm stick with a twintip swallowtail... ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh........
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Twin-tip Swallow, and with only a 101 waist? I dont get it... Whats the point? And if you tried to ski fakie they would create so much drag...
    If things seem in control, Your just not going fast enough.

Originally posted by BakerBoy
    The Big Stix 106 is my everyday ski here at Baker... At least until the midseason release of the 101mm 191cm stick with a twintip swallowtail... ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh........
    Twin swallow tail tips or twin tip swallow tail?

Either way they are mutants.

Ok so the Gotama's are getting their first outing this weekend, will let you know how the little buddha's go.