AT Boots/Alpine Binders LAZY

I tried searching, but the sites search is cumbersome and I can't find what im looking for... JONG me all you will...

I know that AT Boots with vibram soles are not DIN compatible, but other than not releasing like DIN boots, though I assume they will release, do any of you ski the AT boots with Alpine binders??

I want to stick with one boot so that I get "used" to skiing it...all three of my current setups are AT binders (naxo 01's) but a new pair thats coming will likely have to be mounted with Alpine binders. They will be strictly deep day pow boards so im wondering if i can get away with using the AT boots even though they will be in alpine binders? I dont fall all that often...

Should I be worried?

Thanks.

M

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I occasionally use my at boots w/ Soli demo binders. As long as the bindings have a toe height adjustment I feel comfortable w/ them.
    Grabbing some hole plugs tonight will have those skis mounted for you by this weekend.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    I occasionally use my at boots w/ Soli demo binders. As long as the bindings have a toe height adjustment I feel comfortable w/ them.
    Grabbing some hole plugs tonight will have those skis mounted for you by this weekend.
    Sweet stuff......

Hmmmm looks like ill need some binders.....might have to hold onto my sallie's that I still have. I don't think those LOOKS that you're taking off those boards have a toe height adjust??

Thanks man..

M

you suck a the search function there are tons of threads on this topic
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    you suck a the search function there are tons of threads on this topic
    I agree I do...but I also think the feature on the site is lacking...but anyway...I used AT Boot Alpine Binders as my search terms and the first page of links HAD NOTHING IN IT RELATED TO THAT TOPIC..

Thanks for the heads up though...

M

The problem you will encounter (in addition to the increased friction) is that most alpine bindings do not have enough vertical adjustment in the toe to accomodate AT boots. Garmount and Scarpa make AT boots with interchangable DIN soles, which would solve this problem, but that probably doesn't help you if you already have your boots. Why not get Dukes for your new skis? Dukes are adjustable in the toe for both kinds of boots.
    Facts are simple and facts are straight
    Facts are lazy and facts are late

I've done it in a pinch. They are old marker race bindings and are on my axioms. hiking in alpine boots sucks worse than poor release imho.

Quote Originally Posted by DFL View Post
    The problem you will encounter (in addition to the increased friction) is that most alpine bindings do not have enough vertical adjustment in the toe to accomodate AT boots. Garmount and Scarpa make AT boots with interchangable DIN soles, which would solve this problem, but that probably doesn't help you if you already have your boots. Why not get Dukes for your new skis? Dukes are adjustable in the toe for both kinds of boots.
    Dont really want to put $400+ binders on skis I made a trade for...maybe i'll get dukes and put em on something else and move other AT binders to the newly aquired boards.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Thanks man...

M