Input: 4FRNT VCT 189

Anyone ski these suckers yet? Considering them for a do-all tele ski - touring/resort, mounted with 01's. Seem like basically the same setup as my P4's but curious as to flex shape and stiffness? I can't imagine that these are too demanding to ski, hoping for more of a playful stick since it'll be tele and I won't be breaking any speed records on them.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Should be just the ticket for slaughtering the 230' of vert at Alpine Valley!
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

How many times does he have to say "It isnt funny" before we listen?

I dont care cuz its still funny
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

What's Alpine Valley? Some place in the Sierras??

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    How many times does he have to say "It isnt funny" before we listen?
    I dunno but I bet those vct's would fhuggin crush the "mogul field" at the top!
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Holy shiznit batman! They have upper AND lower "xtreme parks" and a "double black diamond" half pipe
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

I'm always the VCT proponent in these threads. I have the 190's from 2005/2006 and I love them. They are kind of an amalgam of Explosive and Gotama, and they only had half twins. Stiff enough that they need some speed to perform, and they'll let you bomb across piles of mash potatoes. Construction is pretty good, although in that vintage at least, the topsheet had very sharp square edges that just gets peeled away at the hint of snuggly tips.

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    ...I have the 190's from 2005/2006 and I love them...
    The names can be confusing. I handflexed the 2006/7 EHP 190 (129-104-121) and it felt stiffer than I expected. Seemed like an impressive ski if you want something a notch smaller than the ANT. I believe this EHP 190 is the exact same ski as the 2005/6 VCT 190 (see bio-smear's post above).

But I think the original post is about 2007/8 VCT 189, which is completely different at 134-108-126. I have no experience with that ski.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

While Alpine Valley "sits in the heart of Ohio's snowbelt".

He'll actually be hanging at 3100 Possum Run Road rocking them sticks on Snow Trails massive 300' of vertical drop.

Better bust out your jeans (I know this from years of experience there).

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    But I think the original post is about 2007/8 VCT 189, which is completely different at 134-108-126. I have no experience with that ski.
    Agreed. Their naming scheme can be confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post

Yup that's ^^^ the one. Doesn't really matter, any 108ish waisted, normal ski should do the trick. I just can't decide whether the Gotama, VCT189, or perhaps BD Zealout would be best for switch ice-sliding down Snow Trails' halfpipe

BTW, guys!

from what i've seen so far, the 189 VCT's are about as scarce as they come. i trolled for ski deals all summer and didn't see a single pair for sale anywhere. jibij isn't even carrying them i don't think.

and from what i've heard from other sources, the gotama is a superior ski to the VCT. but i haven't demoed both side by side myself so take that with a grain of salt

Edit - nvm BC.com has them now. you probably don't want to pay that much though i'm guessing.
    Last edited by strode420; 10-03-2007 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by strode420 View Post
    Edit - nvm BC.com has them now. you probably don't want to pay that much though i'm guessing.
    yeah, I work for bc.com...