full tilt stiffies??

Thinkin bout coughin up the dough on some new BB Pros but no bootfitters anywhere near me carry 'em. My main concern is stiffness then quality. Have been havin hell finding boots that are stiff enough for my agenda and I need to know if these are really all they are cracked up to be.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

just tried on full tilts bb pros and the krypton pro id's. BB pros are not stiff at all...relatively soft forward flex, but very smooth and responsive flex. it is laterally (side to side) stiff, stiffer than a recreational 4 buckle boot. i ended up buying the krypton pro id because it was a stiffer more solid boot. plus i was worried about the reliability of the bb pros buckles and wires, which reviews and forums have proved to be sketchy. i would opt for the krypton if you are set on a raichle flexon type boot if i were you. but if you're dead-set on getting the bb pros and are also concerned about stiffness i would try to find the flexon race tongues which are supposedly very stiff, because the bb pro uses ther same tongue as the flexon(it actually says flexon on the back of the bb pros tongues)

Good strategy... instead of searching you just started another thread. Should yield incredible results.

Squatch Guest
    Get some plug boots, faggot. They'll be stiff enough for your "agenda"

Seattle, WA the biggest ski town in the world
    I said it in another thread and I'll say it here. The pro should be stiff enough, your not racing, but if you need stiffer FT has stiffer tounges available.

Quote Originally Posted by njfreeskier View Post
    just tried on full tilts bb pros and the krypton pro id's. BB pros are not stiff at all...relatively soft forward flex, but very smooth and responsive flex. it is laterally (side to side) stiff, stiffer than a recreational 4 buckle boot. i ended up buying the krypton pro id because it was a stiffer more solid boot. plus i was worried about the reliability of the bb pros buckles and wires, which reviews and forums have proved to be sketchy. i would opt for the krypton if you are set on a raichle flexon type boot if i were you. but if you're dead-set on getting the bb pros and are also concerned about stiffness i would try to find the flexon race tongues which are supposedly very stiff, because the bb pro uses ther same tongue as the flexon(it actually says flexon on the back of the bb pros tongues)
    Basicly what I have been saying for 2 years. The FT buckles have been weak since the 80's, the Krypton's buckles are much beefier and don't have the ratcheting that the Flexon has. The only area what the Flexon has it over the Krypton is weight.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Figured Id bump this thread rather than start a new one...
    Does anyone know where I can get the stiff full tilt tongue? Its listed under accessories on their website, but they dont sell it, and I havent seen it at any of their dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by llyon View Post
    Figured Id bump this thread rather than start a new one...
    Does anyone know where I can get the stiff full tilt tongue? Its listed under accessories on their website, but they dont sell it, and I havent seen it at any of their dealers.
    I got mine last fall from http://untracked.com/

Yup, there they are. I dont know why I couldnt find that myself. Thanks.

Weelllaahh.

BB Pro comes with a flex 6 tounge. it feels like aaaah..... 105?! flex solly boot. Stiffer then my old Gun Pro models which are 95.

Switching out the tounge is easy as pie and the tounges are not spendy at all..like 50US Lire. Put some boosters and a flex 9 tounge and even Bode would ski it

Pros.
    Fkn cool boot!
    light
    as stable as the kryptons

cons.
    le buckles
    fits pretty narrow (alltough my fot is 105mm and I wear then every day during winter...no sore feet here )

I just got some brand new BB pros at the swap in whistler. $249, bargain

There were more there when I left, so worth a look tomorrow if people are after some. Mostly BBs, some camos too.

Quote Originally Posted by JimLad View Post
    I just got some brand new BB pros at the swap in whistler. $249, bargain

There were more there when I left, so worth a look tomorrow if people are after some. Mostly BBs, some camos too.
    Holy chit that's a deal. If you do happen back, see if any 27.0/27.5's (same thing) in BBP or Camo.

By the way, swap or Turkey Sale?

There were 27.0s when I left, because I was trying to decide between those and 26.0s, which I ended up with. I only saw one pair though, so may be gone. Worth a shot though, and there may be more gear appearing tomorrow. This was at the swap by the way.

BB pro avail online for $250-300

Quote Originally Posted by njfreeskier View Post
    I hope you didn't buy them from Sports Den. Those kooks will talk a customer out of Full Tilts and into Kryptons every time.

I've worn Krypton Pros for 3 100+ day seasons and this will be my second 150+ season in FTs. IMO, Full Tilts are a much better boot for several reasons, the first being they fit my skinny foot better than Kryptons. But, they flex better, are much lighter in weight, I can get them tighter, etc. Whatever works for you, though.

Anyone know if there are any differences between an 08/09 Konflict?

New Konflict comes with both an 8 and 4 flex tongue. I believe last year's only came with a 6. Still has the pro liners. New colorway.
    Last edited by seanpistol; 10-11-2008 at 03:13 PM.

yeah but just think about this.... seth morrison swears by the Full Tilts.... actually that's not really a valid reason...or is it?
    "I reckon i'm one of the only people who could ski this line" says my drunk friend

no it is not a good reason.

full tilts do have a soft flex but theyre make up for it by being very responsive, also the liners are amazing and the boots are super lightweight, i just bought a pair of booters myself. id go with the bb pro or the konflict

the bb pros come with a 6 which is fairly soft but as said before you can buy stiffer tongues. The orange tongue felt stiffer than a normal 120 flex boot. I ended up going with the black tongue.

Get some plug boots, faggot. They'll be stiff enough for your "agenda"
    Made me laugh.