Moment Ski Customer Service

I just wanted to relate to everyone a very positive customer service experience I had with Luke from Moment Skis.

When Moment Skis went on-line with their store, I sent them an email inquiring about the 188 Rubies. I presently have a pair of 175 Pocket Rockets that I want to replace and wanted to buy a boutique brand, the Rockets are for sale by the way if anyone is interested. I heard nothing back from Moment for over a month. I totally wrote them off as a possible new ski for me as I am not one to spend my money with a company who will not answer my questions.

Well, yesterday I received an email from Luke apologizing for the delay in getting back to me, it seems that the email I used was not supposed to be visible to the public and my message was lost in cyber space. Luke took the time to answer all of my questions in detail, referred me to a couple of reviews of the Ruby, and asked if I had any more questions. Well I did, and Luke was patient enough to explain in DETAIL, the answers I was looking for. Several emails were exchanged and his time, knowledge, and patience were appreciated.

I am a small business owner that sells a product which often times can be seen as a commodity and can be found on the internet cheaper than what I offer it for. What sets me apart from the rest? Customer service. We are second to none in our industry, in my opinion. In my experience I think customer service is a lost art in the US. When I, as a consumer, have an exceptional customer service experience it is the exception, and not the rule. Customer service has declined over the years and it appalls me the level of service I receive at restaurants, retail stores, and other businesses. I will pay more and seek out a business who offers service; it is something that I value. Recovery from a bad customer experience is even more of an art. Well, Luke nailed the recovery part and I am now a customer and will be skiing on my new Rubies this coming season.

Just thought yall' might like to know.

John

Cliff notes:
    1 - No reply to email for a month.
    2 - Reply with falling on sword.
    3 - Bought new skis.
    4 - Great customer service.

ditto - I wasted a bunch of Luke's time talking to him about the Rubies as well. He is pretty fired up to get things going with Moment.

Let me know what you think of the skis when they show up - especially, let me know what you think the flex is on Marshal's scale. Luke equated them with JP v Julien's which I have not fondled but have read on this board are noodles. Some noodles ski OK, maybe this is one of them?

Quote Originally Posted by hway2 View Post
    ditto - I wasted a bunch of Luke's time talking to him about the Rubies as well. He is pretty fired up to get things going with Moment.

Let me know what you think of the skis when they show up - especially, let me know what you think the flex is on Marshal's scale. Luke equated them with JP v Julien's which I have not fondled but have read on this board are noodles. Some noodles ski OK, maybe this is one of them?
    They are similar to the JP's but stiffer.

Casey likes to explain the Ruby's as skiing similar to first gen Gotama's.

You've got to bump good customer service!

I just got my Ruby's last week, they are a lot lighter than i had expected might mount them AT

my only experience with their customer service has been with Zippy and that guy is a dick. That basom guy seems okay though.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    my only experience with their customer service has been with Zippy and that guy is a dick. That basom guy seems okay though.
    Basom doesn't work for Moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Casey likes to explain the Ruby's as skiing similar to first gen Gotama's.
    Yeah. We talked about that. The flex is really similar, but they're a little wider and have a bit more sidecut. I'm definitely getting a pair once I scrape up the extra coin. It's the ski I've been wanting for a while.

Casey's an awesome guy and I'm happy to buy a pair of skis from him.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

While that may be technically true... in spirit Basom is Moment.

Regardless, it doesn't excuse the fact that Zippy is mean to me everytime I see him.

I have nothing but great things to say about the guys at Moment. I emailed them back in February, and after some exchange, Casey sent me the Comi and the M1 to test on. And they have certainly lived up to the hype.

I'd just like to chime in that I couldn't be more pleased with my dealings with Casey. Moment's got killer skis, professionalism, and more stoke in their left nut than the rest of the "major" manufacturers combined. They definitely landed a fan here.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    While that may be technically true... in spirit Basom is Moment.

Regardless, it doesn't excuse the fact that Zippy is mean to me everytime I see him.
    i stand corrected.

My bad.

He wears your damn tee shirt often enough, though.

I to had a good experience. I ordered some Rubies last fri and got them wed. I was not able to get a tracking number, Luke stated UPS computers down (likely as they kind of suck to deal with). My email questions were answered within the hour each time, with good detailed info.
    Very impressed about the light weight for such a big ski. Put the on a scale and they were 2010g. I to am debating setting these up AT, definitly will if I get Comi's since they will see solly 914 most likely.

Where are you planning on mounting them? I am thinking the Prefered line a few cm back of center.
    Last edited by xtrmjoe; 07-21-2007 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmjoe View Post
    I to had a good experience. I ordered some Rubies last fri and got them wed. I was not able to get a tracking number, Luke stated UPS computers down (likely as they kind of suck to deal with). My email questions were answered within the hour each time, with good detailed info.
    Very impressed about the light weight for such a big ski. Put the on a scale and they were 2010g. I to am debating setting these up AT, definitly will if I get Comi's since they will see solly 914 most likely.

Where are you planning on mounting them? I am thinking the Prefered line a few cm back of center.
    I would suggest mounting them at Preferred.

i dont work for anybody.

i do support my friends though. and casey has been a good friend to me. i'm also cooler than slim so zippy is always nice to me.

i also took a bunch of photos that no one ever gave me credit for that show up on your web site, mister melee.

Those were all shot with my camera...

...with a huge torso mount.

are you saying i mounted your torso?
    gross.

I skied a pair of moments once. They made me feel special. And then Zippy made fun of me, so the special feeling was gone.