Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    The radius is 27.5m for the Districts. It's posted on our site along with the specs for the MRs.

Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man View Post
    hmmm, Too turny? Gots are "133-105-124" cant find the ski radius calculator but gots are supposed to be something like 28m (in 190) cant imagine the Bluehouse's to be under 21m, the FIS minimum for GSskis.
    What's the turn radius for the skis in your avatar? They sure look like reverse camber. What's the turn radius for LP XXL's? Oh yeah, 41m.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

If 41m is the perfect ski radius for you, fine but why did anyone hear want to know that? I know its summer and your bored but don't cunt up threads with bullshit. Fuck off.
    I ski therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehouse View Post
    The radius is 27.5m for the Districts. It's posted on our site along with the specs for the MRs.
    missed that.
    I ski therefore I am.

Yeah, what's with all the venom in this thread? Anyone trying to get a biz like this off the ground should get support here if nowhere else. Go get 'm guys. Looks like a cool product. Keep us posted.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but give 'em a break.

Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man View Post
    If 41m is the perfect ski radius for you, fine but why did anyone hear want to know that? I know its summer and your bored but don't cunt up threads with bullshit. Fuck off.
    I didn't ever say that a 41m turn radius was the perfect ski for me. I was merely pointing out other skis. But thanks for reading between the lines and spewing a bunch of bullshit. I know its summer and you're bored, but shut the fuck up. I don't even ski anymore. I ride snowbikes, you asshole cuntfaced bitchwhore. I mean that in the nice way, of course.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

hahaha its not summer hear. Its winter and i'm not bored you asshole, cuntfaced bitchwhore.

that was my last reply.
    I ski therefore I am.

I thought that dogs layed eggs...

And I learned something today.

Good luck to bluehouse, fuck the venom.

More skis!
    More new companies like BlueHouse!
    More the merrier...
    Keep 'em coming...
    Mass-Produced Skiers Use Mass-Produced Skis
    Rip it up with something different.
    Support small and independent ski builders
    http://www.ExoticSkis.com

Had a chance to fondle some of the Districts today - very nice shape (looks a lot like the Gots from a couple years ago with that low pro tail) and quite light. Flex 'em and they didn't feel too noodley but weren't super stiff either. Me want some for the quiver.

It won't come as a surprise that I was thinking with a pair of Dynafits they'd be a great pow touring ski (a bit heavy for the Trackhead's of the world but not too bad as a touring ski). I could see throwing some Solly's on them and rocking them as a pow ski at the hill although I wonder if the lightness will get tossed around. (PNW slop + big skier (BC FLOW - luv ya buddy) = I don't think so but who knows). Hope I can make it to a demo this winter to test them rather than fondle them in an air conditioned office.

As for the guys starting it, solid crew (met two of the three gents) who won't have to worry about trippping over their egos like some of the other small ski producers. I sure hope these guys make good on this venture and hope even more that their skis perform.

$.02 spent.
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by powstash View Post
    Had a chance to fondle some of the Districts today - very nice shape (looks a lot like the Gots from a couple years ago with that low pro tail) and quite light. Flex 'em and they didn't feel too noodley but weren't super stiff either. Me want some for the quiver.

It won't come as a surprise that I was thinking with a pair of Dynafits they'd be a great pow touring ski (a bit heavy for the Trackhead's of the world but not too bad as a touring ski). I could see throwing some Solly's on them and rocking them as a pow ski at the hill although I wonder if the lightness will get tossed around. (PNW slop + big skier (BC FLOW - luv ya buddy) = I don't think so but who knows). Hope I can make it to a demo this winter to test them rather than fondle them in an air conditioned office.

As for the guys starting it, solid crew (met two of the three gents) who won't have to worry about trippping over their egos like some of the other small ski producers. I sure hope these guys make good on this venture and hope even more that their skis perform.

$.02 spent.
    Pretty good endorsment. Anxious to hear of your demo experience.

Next to such hard core ski pros like bakerboy and mountian_dude im not sure how much my opinion matters. But I think the ski that I (and others I know) would be most interested in is going to be 190-198cm around 110-120mm waist. Directional, ie flat tail or small twin. Medium stiff fore-body and very stiff tail. And a 35+ meter radius. Think lp xxl wider and with a more solid feeling in the tail. Rocker in the front 1/3 or so of the ski if you want to get really creative and make a near 2m ski more accesable for everyone.

That would be cool
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Why don't you just start your own ski company guy.

Child you've described the DP 120.
    Why not just rocker the front 1/3 of your PP's? problem solved although the weight will still be different from your XXL's and the flex wont be the same but surely its a step in the right direction. I like the way the XXL's ski btw but for most applications some rocker in the tip, a slightly stiffer tail and a wider waist will make them better pow skis imo, thats why, when i get the scratch together im going to buy DP120's. It seems were both looking for similar skis.
    I ski therefore I am.

Definitely want to chime in on this one and wish the best of luck to the boys in charge of this venture. Good guys for sure, and mad props for going after a dream.
    And my .02, who really cares about a big stiff pow board anyway. The real question is this:
    Can they stand up to my spread eagle crotch grab...

Think about it.
    The Griz

Seems like there are a lot of skis in the 95mm-105mm waisted range already but I guess if you want to play the game you have to produce something in just about every size range. Would be nice to see something in the 110-120 range. I guess there's lots of bamboo in China. Where'd the Bluehouse name come from? Nice website by the way.
    Last edited by Toadman; 07-02-2007 at 05:11 PM.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle6 View Post
    The real question is this:
    Can they stand up to my spread eagle crotch grab...
    Think about it.
    I ski therefore I am.

Thanks again!

We are glad to have a post from someone who's handled our skis. We hope it's helpful for all who've been curious to learn more. We look forward to the upcoming ski year to set up demo days at as many resorts as possible in order to give everyone a chance to test them out.

We also appreciate your feedback in what skis you'd like to see in future production. Trust us, your requests are noted. Next year's lineup of skis will be heavily influenced by your requests. So please, keep advising.

Toadman, you mentioned the abundance of bamboo. This is one of the reasons we went with bamboo cores. Aside from its strength and lightweightedness, it's environmentally sustainable.

The name Bluehouse comes from a college pad that was once notorious for housing several ski junkies. It was there that the owners first dreamed of the company. The house was blue.

Thanks to all those who've rallied in support of Bluehouse Ski Co.! And please, tell a friend. Later!

First Run Complete

Just wanted to let those interested know that our first run for 07/08 is completed, so if you want to handle a pair or are planning a trip to Chile this summer, let us know and we'd love to let you handle/demo a pair. We're stoked to get some objective feedback from people other than friends and family. Just shoot us an email: jared@bluehouseskis.com.

What college do you speak of?

That's a funny question, because among those who lived in the house we attended UVSC, BYU, and the University of Utah. The house is in Provo, UT. I've been looking for an old pic of the house with all our gear on the front porch, but have been unable to find one. But here is one of the house in the summer.

Attachment 28643
    Last edited by Bluehouse; 07-11-2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Trying to insert pic

bummer.

i'm something of a xenophobe when it comes to skis.

I'm excited to see some guys from Utah making skis. It's a little disappointing to hear a Ute would be willing to live with, and even work with a cougar In any case the skis look pretty sweet from the website and I'm excited to get a pair. For next season have you guys thought about making, what are referred to by the Maggots as 'fun shape' skis? Stuff with long tips, rockered shovels, full reverse camber, reverse sidecut and all that stuff? You guys should at least look at some of that stuff, a lot of people here (me included) are big believers in those shapes. Your two offerings are pretty respectable as is though, and I wish you the best.
    Thanks Shane

We have updated the site.

The pre-registration for the sale is now available.

You can either go to the home page or click here.

First off...props to the Bluehouse crew for actually getting things up and running! Having started a business myself, anyone who pulls it off should be applauded especially when it means more skis for hard core skiers to choose from.
    My .02 ...Really like the sidecut you have chosen for the District, super versatile all mountain cut. Would love to see two more skis in your arsenal next year:
    1. Same sidecut but much wider... say 162/130/148 and 185cm. This would be a killer pow ski for those of us who grew up racing and love the carvy feeling of a sidcut ski in pow and don't like the feeling of traverses and cat tracks on the new pow only shapes (rockered/reverse sidecut etc).
    2. Same sidecut but just a bit wider... say 142/110/128 and 185cm. Skied some wider every day skis this past year and the 110 waist just kills it for an all around ski.
    From the responses and threads in this forum some type of wide, rockered pow ski would also do pretty well...
    Last edited by ggski; 08-12-2007 at 01:37 PM.