Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SKI PRAXIS

SKI PRAXIS

Hello Everyone.

Just wanted to log in and post a huge THANK YOU to everyone that has supported Praxis Skis. Without this site and all of your great reviews I'm not sure this venture would have lifted off the ground.

I have read most of your reviews posted on this site and the information and feedback you provide is a huge asset to me. Keep up the good work.

I have also received your emails and read the posts on making a longer version. I think everyone is right on and the longer ski needs to be made, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I designed a longer version last night. I kept the actually dimensions the same 131,136,124 but made the ski a 195. This does change the sidecut radius slightly, but it keeps other aspects of the ski the same. I felt that 136 underfoot was wide enough already. The change in sidecut radius is so slight I feel it will not be noticeable.

I am pretty confident after designing and comparing it to the 185 that the 195 is going to be a sick ski. I actually can't wait to make and ski it. So I am willing to put it up as part of the presale if you are willing to support it. It should be easy enough to dial in the design of the ski throughout the rest of the season (it is going to snow some more!!).

I think we should make this ski. I have found that many of the skiers are too big and tall for the 185 and many have already ordered it. Please voice your opinion on this.

Thanks again for all of your reviews and support. With the excellent response to the preorder sale, I can't wait to see everyone on the hill next season!!!

Keith O'Meara
    Praxis Skis

damn I need money
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

I think you're gonna get one helluva big for designing this 195....in fact I may just be emailing you to change my order!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    I have also received your emails and read the posts on making a longer version. I think everyone is right on and the longer ski needs to be made, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I designed a longer version last night. I kept the actually dimensions the same 131,136,124 but made the ski a 195. This does change the sidecut radius slightly, but it keeps other aspects of the ski the same. I felt that 136 underfoot was wide enough already. The change in sidecut radius is so slight I feel it will not be noticeable.

I am pretty confident after designing and comparing it to the 185 that the 195 is going to be a sick ski. I actually can't wait to make and ski it. So I am willing to put it up as part of the presale if you are willing to support it. It should be easy enough to dial in the design of the ski throughout the rest of the season (it is going to snow some more!!).

I think we should make this ski. I have found that many of the skiers are too big and tall for the 185 and many have already ordered it. Please voice your opinion on this.
    Cool. Thanks Keith! Now to decide whether 195 is too big, and stick with the 185, or... hmm.

Keith: is the rocker profile on the 195 going to be the same as the 185, or will there be a flatter portion under foot?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

What El C asked.

Also, same price?

Then I just have to decide whether I think 195 would be too long for trees.
    not counting days 2016-17

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    W3rd. This man is living his dream with the help of the collective.

I love my skis, Keith. Keep up the good work.

I think you're going to make alot of people really happy.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Squatch Guest
    Assuming we already preordered a 185 and want a 195, how do we go about changing that order? Are you doing the same preorder deal?

You have no idea how stoked I am

[/touching myself furiously]

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
    [/touching myself furiously]
    Way too much information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Keith,
    Glad we are helping you out. I think I got the first pair in Utah last year and I love them and have answered a bunch questions about them in the tram line at snowbird this year. I'm glad you have a website now, so I can tell people to check the website instead of telling them your email address.

As for the 195, it sounds sweet. I normally ski a big ski (ANT's Big Daddies etc.) and was a little nervious about skiing a 185. However I am totally convinced the 185 is the right size for me (5'10" #160). I have no tip dive and they feel rock solid at speed. I think the longer length would help really big guys enjoy that same feeling.
    Thanks Shane

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Either way...gotta love the Praxis vibe and connection to the core ski community. Kind of reminds me of another tahoe-based operation.
    Last edited by Bandit Man; 03-21-2007 at 12:03 PM.

Sounds like we are making a 195.

The price will be the same. I guess the rocker profile might change, I will test it out. If I could use the same mold it would be easier, but I will do whatever works best.

If you have already ordered please wait until you are making a graphics choice and then tell me the size you would like. I will let everyone know how much longer it feels on the hill when we test it.

I will get a buy now button on the site for both the 175 and 195 ASAP.

Squatch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    I will get a buy now button on the site for both the 175 and 195 ASAP.
    typo? or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
    typo? or not?
    he was already planning to expand production to a 175 version.
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

Just a quick bump to say congrats to all those who asked for the 195 and kudos to Praxis for doing this. If my wife would ever let me alpine , I would seriously consider a pair.....

Now can you all help me work on Moment to get some 195 Commies?
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

All I can say, is FUCK YOU for making me want to be even more poor than I already am.

Such a great deal at $400 for new sticks and I really, really don't need them. Yes I do. FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Props to Keith for diving in and joining TGR. Your PM box is going to be as full as your email box.

See you at Alpine sometime soon (I'm the guy who is usually riding an alpine snowboard but sometimes I sport two planks).

Well that's just fucking great. One more thing to toil over this summer.

Seriously, we should have a tahoe local mag on those 195s ASAP to review for the masses, to help in decision making. A side by side with 185s would be excellent.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

Quote Originally Posted by bossass View Post
    Seriously, we should have a tahoe local mag on those 195s ASAP to review for the masses, to help in decision making. A side by side with 185s would be excellent.
    Keith is a Tahoe Local and he's now a maggot. Does that count? He won't be biased in his representation of his own product, will he?

I'd volunteer, but I snowboard way more than I ski so I'm not a good candidate. Plus I have no time on ultra-wide, rockered skis.

Wow, in less than 72 hours we've gone from this:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...65#post1187365

to this:

I designed a longer version last night.
    Keith, I am using this icon for the first time in IrieRon posting history:
    Do you by chance happen to own a large, yellowish, very flat cat?

I have no time on uberwide, reverse sidecut, reverse cambered skis either. But I'd be happy to do the comparo.
    not counting days 2016-17

And I can offer up a pair of Spatulas for comparison's sake, for anyone with a 310-325ish boot sole.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Is it wrong that I'm actually considering getting another pair of these in 195, even though I barely have any time on my pair of 186s?
    “Don’t want to sound like a dick or nothing but it says on your chart you’re fucked up. You talk like a fag, and your shit’s all retarded.”

ohhhh billy. I want.

Nice job guys. See a bunch of you skis around and they look dialed. No money for preorder but hopefully I'll get my hands on some 195s somehow..
    Drive slow, homie.

I wonder if this is too much quiver overlap with my lotus 138's? Either way, at 400 it almost makes sense as a backup just in case. I mean, this total is the same as just my downpayment for the loti so, why not.

Keep the 138's with alpine bindings, and put some Dynafits on the Praxis??