breaking binders-so hot right now

yea so i managed to break this little retarded flimsy plastic piece of my binding and now they are useless without it. anyone have an extra set of 912s or 914s (or broken set) that has this extra piece.

broken binding together

working binding

closeup

separate-****this is the piece i need***

perspective
    Last edited by lax; 01-11-2007 at 05:40 PM.
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

should be a spare part available from solly or the tickle trunk at your local store....
    and that's a great table...

Is that table a spool?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

My baseplates are both cracked in the exact same spot on my SPs - jeez, I guess that is what I have to look forward to.

what did you use on the table for a finish ..... i used clear epoxy for mine and it took a whole week to dry............ long story short it didn't turn out very good

Wow. Every other binding I've seen, even the lowest-end Look Nova, has metal brackets in exactly that place to avoid exactly that problem.

Minus more points for plastic Spheric-era Salomons.

dude thats why i only use rossi fks 155/185 and look px18's. There all metal and can take one hell of a beating.

but see if your local shop has any spair parts in the big box of ski bindings most shops have. If not ask if they have a binding that they canobalise parts from(most shops have a few of these)

i think salomon calls those pieces "track dressings" ask your shop for one they usually have a bunch.

oh yeah, sick coffee/beer table

......and that would yet another reason we don't ski on S912's.....

how do you like those msp 180's? where you got them mounted?

just fucking did it again. these bindings suck an impressive amount of cock.

ps-utly guy-didn't see your post, but i fucking love my msps, they rip, are light, and are fun in the powdity--and more importantly they are fucking bomber.
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

jerr is offline Underwater trapeze artist
    Quote Originally Posted by lax View Post
    i fucking love my msps, they rip, are light, and are fun in the powdity--and more importantly they are fucking bomber.
    Maybe that's your problem, you need a ski that'll break before your bindings do.
    Nine out of ten Jeremy's prefer a warm jacket to a warm day

FWIW: my experiance is that plastic peice usually breaks due to overtightening the screws.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    FWIW: my experiance is that plastic peice usually breaks due to overtightening the screws.

i think an overshot 5 might have had something to do with it. it was a legit crash, but the point stands my looks would not have broken.

fair enough. just saying they are more prone to cracking when they are over tightened. you might try to warrenty them and get the new STH binding for next year.

good luck, always a bummer, i break bindings too much also...

I see what marsh is saying. those screws were overtorqued, put too much pressure on the plate itself, and then your 5 provided the straw to break the camel's back. I mean look at the plate and where it broke, it broke in half right in the screw holes - not further back from there. The crack was already there, your overshot 5 just exacerbated the problem.

duly noted.

(can i still hate sollys?)

s912 ti's are teh suxors for breakage. Both my heel plates on the bottom broke, not to mention my friends toe piece.

Just get some 916's mmm, tasty. Completely superior binding.

i had a pair of s912tis break in exactly the same place last week and I had previously never broken a binding. I was skiing off pali at the basin and I wasn't doing anything remotely rad when it happened. The bindings were appealling for their light weight but its clearly worth the extra weight for better durability.