Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy i facking hate airlines OR what to do in Sandy sans luggage?

I f----ing HATE airlines!

I've flown 4 times for non-business reasons in the last 12 months:

1 - to Jackson via Denver. Connection flight cancelled at midnight. They holed us up in a local hotel. Didn't get to start my skiing until 1 PM the following day. (United Airlines)

2 - to San Francisco (originally direct). Upon arriving at the airport and waiting through ridunkulous lines, checked in, checked bags, went to gate. Flight (in that time) was cancelled. Rebooked on a flight the next morning (24 hours away). Spent the day in the airport figuring out how to get to San Fran that - - I was going to be running a marathon two days later so wanted one day before for relaxing. Made it to LAX but no farther. Airline does not do anything to assist. Had to pay for an extra hotel night + multiple cab rides and don't make it to San Fran until the next morning. (Continental Airlines)

3 - to LAX. Wow. Actually went okay. (American Airlines)

4 - to SLC (last night). Incoming flight to EWR delayed, my flight out of EWR delayed 90 minutes. Miss connection flight in Denver to SLC. Ticketing agent cheerily tells me that they were able to get me on the first flight the next day! Woopee! I find another flight to SLC and sprint over to the gate and manage a stand-by seat. United assures me that my bags will be on the flight the next morning....

...it's the next morning. Said flight was diverted to Cheyenne (I think). Yet another vacation day WASTED due to facking airlines. (United Airlines)

Soooo.... anybody recommend something to keep me occupied for the day? Thankfully, I don't smell that bad although I've been wearing the same clothes for 32+ hours.

Thoughts? There is a mall across the street from my hotel in Sandy... could go there. Perhaps a drive to Park City for lunch, coffee... would parking be impossible?

So much for acclimating a day before camp Gordy kicks off...
    Last edited by road trip; 01-11-2007 at 12:57 PM. Reason: added airlines - full disclosure

I recommend that you rock out with your cock out.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

You should prolly just go get drunk off your ass!

you did follow Yossarian's rule and bring your basic minimum ski kit + boots as carryon didn't you? Just go skiing with some demo fatties from the lift house.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Exactly what LB said, I was about to say, but he said it first.

Sadly, no. Lesson learned. The hard way.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    I suggest finding a Deseret Industries nearby.

road trip- since you have some time to kill I suggest you read:
    Just the Tip!
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

www.southwest.com

I've done a lot of flying with them and they've always been awesome. Once I was flying from LA to San Jose and I got bumped. Since that made me late for work, I called the phone number to gripe. The next flight at a reasonable time was to Oakland, which meant I had to take a $100 cab ride to San Jose. They guaranteed me a seat on that flight and offered to pay for the cab ride.

I can't say they'll do the same for you, but they're definitely the only airline that actually gives a shit about its passengers. Speaking of which, I will NEVER fly on American again. My flights to and from Ireland this summer sucked ass, and I've heard way too many horror stories about them.
    Last edited by Arty50; 01-11-2007 at 12:54 PM.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

next time fedex them to your destination. leave the airlines out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy View Post
    road trip- since you have some time to kill I suggest you read:
    Just the Tip!
    Brilliant read!

albeit, a better read had i seen it on Tuesday!

Maybe I'll go find a ski shop where I can buy some discount tickets for the next few days...

Smith's grocery = disco's for snowbird tixs
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Pretty sure REI is even cheaper.

why don't you try General Aviation......

hire a private plane.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOOD SWEAT STEEL View Post
    pretty sure REI doesn't carry jalapeno and cheese topped bagels though....
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

REI across the street. Nice.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy View Post
    pretty sure REI doesn't carry jalapeno and cheese topped bagels though....
    Yeah, or beer. On second thought - better make the trek. The closest Smith's is about 1 mile south of you on the left.

Wink

Yeah, or beer. On second thought - better make the trek. The closest Smith's is about 1 mile south of you on the left.

I'm going to get nervous if you say "only until you turn around and look out that window... in which case... it's on the right.."

slowly looks around room for mini-camera....

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by road trip View Post
    I'm going to get nervous if you say "only until you turn around and look out that window... in which case... it's on the right.."

slowly looks around room for mini-camera....
    Stop picking your nose.

Busted!!

Just do a little more of your screen name instead of flying.

Anyway..... I hope you get your stuff soon.

Go to that mall across the street and check out the new trends at The Gap. You know you love Macy's. Maybe hit on a 13 year old Mormon girl skipping school.

Quote Originally Posted by tradygirl View Post
    Go to that mall across the street and check out the new trends at The Gap. You know you love Macy's. Maybe hit on a 13 year old Mormon girl skipping school.
    I think my 3-day shadow turned them all off. Dang.

Lesson learned the hard way again. Oh, and it's coming down pretty good, too. I'm actually getting nervous that my stuff may not make it today either.

Quote Originally Posted by road trip View Post
    So much for acclimating a day before camp Gordy kicks off...
    Go up to GMD and drink. You acclimate, get ready for camp and probably see the gaggle of Altaholics.

(maybe take the bus up so you don't have to drive home drunk, yeah, better idea)
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

#1 bit on the news (Fox 13) today was the flight that I was re-booked on (but managed to avoid by getting my hustle on in DIA last night) actually went to Twin Falls, Idaho and all the passengers were taken via BUS to SLC today.