Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Job Opening: Operations Manager for Chugach Powder Guides

Ok Maggots.

I'm looking for a right hand man / woman. I am once again on the hunt for a full time, year round Operations Manager for Chugach Powder Guides / Chugach Adventure Guides.

Obviously, I am looking for a very specific animal. First, I'll tell you a little about us, then I'll tell you what I need.

Chugach Powder Guides / Chugach Adventure Guides is based primarily in Girdwood Alaska providing helicopter skiing, snowcat skiing, whitewater and multi-day rafting, fishing and other guided summer activities.

We have ski operations serving about 700,000 acres in the Chugach Range in an area ranging between Girdwood and Seward and about 1,000,000 acres in the Alaska Range out of our new lodge. We run two helicopters in Girdwood and one in the Alaska Range.

We also run summer operations in the form of our Kings and Corn program (heli-skiing and heli-fishing in the Alaska Range), guided day raft trips, guided muti-day fully outfitted river expeditions including but not limited to the Aniakchak River, the Hula Hula River through ANWR, The Kongacut River, The Talkeetna River and more. We tend to run about 5,000 guests through our day trips in a summer. We are also expanding operations out of our new lodge for season long heli-fishing, rafting, glacier hiking, wildlife viewing and more.

We run about 30 to 35 employees in the winter and about 70 in the summer.

There is a lot more to what we do, but this is a pretty good snapshot. Now, here's what I'm looking for...

I need someone with good experience in the outdoor industry, with experience running lots of employees and and complicated logistics. You don't have to be a guide, but serious guiding experience would certainly be a big plus. This person needs to be self motivated, reliable, solution oriented and REALLY on the ball. This person can not be afraid to call me on my own bullshit.

This position will be responsible for primary direction of operations employees and logistics, physical aspects of all product delivery along with management and tracking of permit requirements.

This is a big job with a ton of responsibility. CPG is in a serious state of growth and we are looking to put together the team that will carry us into the future. If you are not serious about relocating to Alaska THIS SEASON, please do not apply. If this is your dream job, but you do not have the experience, please do not apply.

I can't promise you tremendous riches or fame, but here's what I CAN promise...

1. You will access and experience Alaska in ways you've only dreamed of.
    2. You will work VERY hard.
    3. You will have a LOT of fun.
    4. You will work VERY hard.
    5. You will experience a true sense of family with a real group of professionals who truly have passion for what they do.
    6. You will work VERY hard.
    7. You will not be challenged by entrenched methods of operation. We are open minded and want the benefit of your brains and ideas.
    8. You will work VERY hard.
    9. You will have the opportunity to grab this position by the throat and make it yours.
    10. You will work VERY hard.
    11. You will learn a lot and will grow as the company grows.

If what I am describing is you, then please drop a cover letter and resume to me at owens(at)chugachpowderguides.com. I just released an ops manager after a year who had the skills, but did not have the fire in his belly. I want this person to OWN it.

I hope this fits one of you. I have eternal respct and love for the Maggot community and I would love to keep this "in the family".

Owens Never Sleeps
    When you're feeling down, just remember: It's always darkest before it goes pitch .... fucking.... black.

Dibs!

interesting post on boss's day...I'm thoroughly qualified but get airsick real easily, is that a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Owens Never Sleeps View Post
    This person can not be afraid to call me on my own bullshit.
    Yeah but, you have guns and stuff.

Especially when his dick hurts.

Besides, I haven't trained your moose to smoke cigars yet.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Owens....doesn't CPG/CAG need corporate counsel? Arrangements could be made.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Associate.

Just what you need....Curly and GW taking bong rips.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander#2 View Post
    interesting post on boss's day...I'm thoroughly qualified but get airsick real easily, is that a problem?
    If helicopters make you hurl, I don't think you would like this job...
    When you're feeling down, just remember: It's always darkest before it goes pitch .... fucking.... black.

But I do bring my own cadre of weaponry, most of it legal. And I use words like cadre.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    everyone needs a corporate counsel

just not everyone knows it yet
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

I don't think I could even make up a resume that would qualify me for this job.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Associate.

Just what you need....Curly and GW taking bong rips.
    Don't forget that Hacksaw Jim Duggan is one hell of a trial lawyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Don't forget that Hacksaw Jim Duggan is one hell of a trial lawyer.
    An operation like this has got to keep some legal folks around. While irul&ublo is shmoozing, Commonlaw is doing all the work, and Rontele is in court, CPG is going to need someone to lead the free and easy life of a summer associate. That person should be me.
    My dog did not bite your dog, your dog bit first, and I don't have a dog.

Wow, sounds like quite a job. I think it will be difficult to find someone that qualified overall. The only person I can think of is this guy: http://wallstfolly.typepad.com/walls..._vayner_n.html

Paging iskibc.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    An operation like this has got to keep some legal folks around. While irul&ublo is shmoozing, Commonlaw is doing all the work, and Rontele is in court, CPG is going to need someone to lead the free and easy life of a summer associate. That person should be me.
    But when it really comes down to it, you want a girl doing all of the above. AK is a lonely place with not many women folk around. I have no problem calling people out, putting them in jail, what have you...I can multi task like a pro and don't have a problem working hard. Too bad I am up to my fucking ears in trials and appeals right now or else I would throw together a resume (or post naked pics and hope for the best).
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

i've ridden in a helicopter and have driven cats....

Quote Originally Posted by girlski0912 View Post
    I would throw together a resume (or post naked pics and hope for the best).
    I have a feeling I know which of these would get you the job

Dammit! I just took that job at Wal-Mart...

How about pilots. I think I'll bee available in a year from Jan. got a little mountain and snow time...
    Don't make me come get you....

For years I've been in an employment rut. The paper route has finally got to go.

Paging Alioops....

If this is your dream job, but you do not have the experience, please do not apply.
    I'm not going to make the cut.

Paging powstash.
    Last edited by InspectorGadget; 10-17-2006 at 07:34 AM.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

I have to wonder if it is harder than running helicopter operations off an aircraft carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by tarkman1 View Post
    I have to wonder if it is harder than running helicopter operations off an aircraft carrier?
    I have to wonder what has more firepower?...the aircraft carrier, or Owens?
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks