Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Pictures How To Thread

Ok, for the longest time I just haven't wanted to fuck around getting an acount at biglines and learning how to post pics, so I just never contributed anything. I finally learned how, and I figured it could help some Jongs out (and help the board get more stoke) if we had a thread that held peoples hands through the process.

First get an acount at some sort of photo hosting site, ala biglines, figure out how to upload photos to that site, and do it (should be fairly self explainitory).
    Once you've done that, open the fullsize version of the pics on said site, right click and open "Properties". Copy the address for the pic in properties, but very important DO NOT COPY THE http://. Once you have this copied go to the message posting box you have open here, and click the little button at the top of the box that looks like a mountain with a yellow sky and brown sun. Copy the adress from image proterties in, without deleteting the http:// thats allready there, and hit ok. It will post where you have your curser in the message.

Also, it might be useful if people would say what other sites they are using to host photos, I've heard there are some supposedly better ones than biglines.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

I use flickr. It's free. You can download a flickr uploader that you can just drag photos into on your desktop and it will upload them automatically.

There is a monthly limit on uploads for free users, but I have never gotten close.

flickr.com

I use flickr. It's free. You can download a flickr uploader that you can just drag photos into on your desktop and it will upload them automatically.

There is a monthly limit on uploads for free users, but I have never gotten close.

flickr.com

flickr.com
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

flickr.com
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

Yes, we get the idea that you use flicker and it is free

Not sure if the multiple posts are related to the database errors that were popping up today or not.

Also to the OP, good guide, there are multple locations that pics can be stored on line including the storage available with many ISP accounts for a personal home page. And remember the comment about the http:// and not to copy that portion of the page, if it is easier you can copy the full link including the http:// and then when you use the link icon (world globe with the chain or infinity style symbol comes up, you can just clear out all the text displayed and then paste the full link to the copied link from the browser session of the photo storage.

Putfile, Rapidshare, Filecloud, and many others come to mind for any type of video or file. Imageshack, photobucket, and all the photo developing sites offer storage too- like Snapfish, etc. Just be careful on these free services of the time and terms of use and the policies for automatic deletion or removal, etc.
    Last edited by RShea; 06-20-2006 at 02:50 PM.

This thread reminds me just how ANCIENT some of you guys are.
    eating and sleeping is serious business

If you rearrange RShea's monicker, it spells SheRa. Coinicidence? Has anyone ever seen them in the same room together?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Alright, lets give this a try....Jackson, March 06. Subi, PBR at the drive thru...thought it was appropriate.

Edit: Rad, it works.

Whoa, just checked up on this, are edge and rootskier the same person? I would never have guessed. And jong with the pbr, glad I could be of service, I think this thread is complete, unless anyone else has anything to add.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Photobucket rocks. It automatically resizes the photos for you, allows you to rotate them on the site, etc.

Also, you don't need to go through that whole "right-click, properties..." nonsense. On your photobucket index page, right underneath the thumbnail of your photo there are a boxes with the text needed to create url, img, or tag links already set up. Just copy and paste from there to the text of your message.
    My dog did not bite your dog, your dog bit first, and I don't have a dog.

I think edg is harassing me. Isn't he friends with bbirtle? Maybe they both think I am a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    I think edg is harassing me. Isn't he friends with bbirtle? Maybe they both think I am a dick.
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say that you are in fact a dickHEAD.

And I don't think edg has anything to do with bbrittle.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo
    If you rearrange RShea's monicker, it spells SheRa. Coinicidence? Has anyone ever seen them in the same room together?
    Unless it was a ski lodge somewhere on the same day, and I'll never know because I do not personally know anyone in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins
    Once you've done that, open the fullsize version of the pics on said site, right click and open "Properties". Copy the address for the pic in properties, but very important DO NOT COPY THE http://. Once you have this copied go to the message posting box you have open here, and click the little button at the top of the box that looks like a mountain with a yellow sky and brown sun. Copy the adress from image proterties in, without deleteting the http:// thats allready there, and hit ok. It will post where you have your curser in the message.
    How about forget all this stuff about leaving out the http:// part and the mountain icon and just surround the complete URL with img tags? It really couldn't be much easier.

1st try

Me not so smart
    Last edited by Ted Shred; 09-25-2007 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shred View Post
    [IMG]www.biglines.com/photos_large.php?photo_id=78554[/IMG]
    You fail!

n00b.

Now I get it. On with the stoke!

attempting this for the first time as i have a mac and am a pic posting jong--
    [IMG]farm2.static.flickr.com/1232/1443171329_51e4329f56.jpg[/IMG]

ah now i get it. i in fact do have to keep the http:// in mine for some random reason. thanks!

okay...photobucket. this ain't gonna work

I'll be dipped

can i do this here??