Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TR Trelease and Citadel (Snoopy) 5-11-06

Well after 10 days off due to a childborne illness, it seemed like time to get after it again. Doumall from 14ers.com contacted me for beta on Princeton and ended up getting an invite to go have fun. JP decided to join in after coming off a fractured spine this season and the usual appearance of Dobish and Shera rounded out the crew.

We opted for the bushwacking route straight up Trelease, instead of drudging up the road. After a relatively short 2 hour approach with harder conditions with a little bit of windblown pow, we were ready to ski a fun line down the North Face of Trelease. The snow was winter conditions and we had some decent fluff as we were skiing it. Definately a technical line, with lots of rocks and sharp things sticking out.

After Trelease, it was time for a long traverse up to the ridge towards Citadel. We got in a couple of turns on the way over there, and then up the ridge we went. Not sure if there was some residual sickness but my lunch sure looked cool as a projectile. We were going to ski the collar, but the snow was getting pretty warm. With slides happening on just about every other slope, we were a little worried about the snow conditions on the slope, but things turned out great, always great skiing the sw face last. We all had hero runs down the face, then dropped into a gully. We prepared ourselves for the long slog out. Great day. Good to meet you Joe and good to ski with the rest of you. Can't wait to get after it again. Now on to the pics

looks like fun

cool cool, its good to see a nice mix of ski and snowboard, needs to happen more often me thinks. Did you guys tick both summits on the Citadel? If so how was the climbing portion? I still need to do most of these peaks between Loveland and Berthoud

Looks like fun! Nice bluebird day w/ good snow! Why was I working again?????
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Fritz, thanks for having me along on another one of your adventures. Always a good time. That last ridgeline was tough. What was our total vert/distance?

I've become leery of skiiing with too many peeps at once, but this was a great crowd and Joe (the new guy) is A-OK.

JP, how many times have we seen each other this winter on Loveland Pass? Totally sweet to hike with you again and you've gotta be one of the toughest coolest guys I know. Let's see that MRI.

And Dobish, dude, you remind me how pretty tele turns are...d@mn.

Happy to say that I've skied every mountain in that drainage now.

Here are a few more pics.

Marjory Bowl

Citadel

Porcupine Ridge

And some pics of Jon Pierre

Looks like a helluva lot of fun.... There's some great photos in there, and not saying this is the best one (I like some of the others better), but there are some fun looking lines in there too:

Nice TR.

Nice TR.

Spent a bunch of time looking over at that drainage from the ski area this season. Looks like its time to get it done.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    NICE! What a sweet line. Next year I'll join you.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Just another pic of the line for no reason:

Nice job on the vid JP.... you edited out the good parts though! (you may have to send me the raw footage of me eating shit, just so I can have it in the file of me looking like an ass!)

HikeforTurns... We hit up Trelease and Citadel this time. A couple of weeks ago we had KillingCokes and Myself hit up hagar. There were a bunch of people out there skiing, but we only went to the saddle of Citadel. It was not a bad hike. When we did hagar, we went straight up the gut, and that made things more work.

Good shit, guys. Fritz out there gettin' it as always!
    Chocolate? This is doodoo, BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by Dside11-11
    Good shit, guys. Fritz out there gettin' it as always!
    Not sure how much longer though. Went up to try and get Castle East Face today. We got shut out by basically no freeze and temps in the 60s. On the way up something happened to my knee. It hurts so fuckin bad. Gonna get an MRI this week. Hopefully it's just tendonitis and I can get on with my season.

Just watched the vid - very nice jp!

Quote Originally Posted by berko
    Nice TR.

Spent a bunch of time looking over at that drainage from the ski area this season. Looks like its time to get it done.
    I have pics of the other side of snoopy as well, down into Herman's Gulch, if you want them. Very nice looking.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    NICE! What a sweet line. Next year I'll join you.
    You're gonna be 18 next year?

Quote Originally Posted by KillingCokes
    Not sure how much longer though. Went up to try and get Castle East Face today. We got shut out by basically no freeze and temps in the 60s. On the way up something happened to my knee. It hurts so fuckin bad. Gonna get an MRI this week. Hopefully it's just tendonitis and I can get on with my season.
    Shite, I know you were tweaked on this climb. I hope you can just prop it up, take vitamin I and heal real quicklike.

The ultra rare quadruple post. So hot right now. Yeah we'll have to see what the MRI shows. Hopefully theres nothing structural but judging from where the pain is I think it's gonna be bad news that I get.

Quote Originally Posted by KillingCokes
    The ultra rare quadruple post. So hot right now. Yeah we'll have to see what the MRI shows. Hopefully theres nothing structural but judging from where the pain is I think it's gonna be bad news that I get.

It's the coffee!

Fingers are crossed.

Total distance 7 miles and 3800 vert.

Me and Dobish got 3000 vert in 2.5 miles before we had to shut it down on Castle East Face. I dropped a post hole balls deep and then within 10 seconds a bunch of rockfall came down the cliffs to the right of the chute. My knee was hurtin so we just decided to call it. Skied all the way back to the truck. It's so beautiful back there

Nice pic Fritz. Sorry to hear about the knee. Hopefully it is just a tweak and nothing worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Nice Tr and good looking lines!
    so many mountains...so little time

www.splitboard.com

Thanks KC for the write up. Good job all! Always liked Snoopy.
    Super-G?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankZappa
    Super-G?
    We all mached down that, hey?

Fritz, Dave said there's a tear???

Well I went to the doctor and he seems to think I tore my meniscus. He sceduled an MRI and if he's right I'll be havin surgery in a couple days. Guess I'll be out for a little while. Keep those TRs coming and talk plenty of shit as well, I love this place. Peace till July