Thread: Gunnar Newquist

Gunnar Newquist

So, since GooGNAR has been getting some attention lately for sending shit in the Squaw area, this seems like an appropriate time to put up a couple pics I happened to snap when we (Cornhole, Arty, & Rev) had the fortune of running into him in Bariloche a couple seasons back. There are a few more decent shots from that trip that I had at one point thought I might submit, but after a couple industry people responded warmly but not strongly, I decided not to after all. Then I sort of forgot about them, until just now. And since they're not getting submitted, they should go up here!

So, Gunnar for now, but more to come. I've had to reduce the quality/resolution quite a bit to get them up, sorry.

The Aura

Levitation

Lincoln over Lake

Really a shame I'm an amateur shooting with a standard SLR with no motor drive. It's been cropped out in the scan above, but the full shot of that Lincoln loop shows a big lake at the bottom of the valley below (at the bottom of the pic). It's a sweet spot, and one I'd like to return to and shoot properly someday. A half second later and I would have had GooGNAR fully inverted 40' off the deck, with the lake below and the peaks in the background.

Still, not bad for a one-shot deal. And more importantly, the kid kills it, no doubt. Lower down on this run, he stomped a bigger (50') cliff before I could get set up at all. The boy just likes to huck.
    Last edited by Yossarian; 03-20-2006 at 12:23 AM.
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

Okay, here we go.
    Couple more from that trip...The Reverend Floater

Stairway to Heaven

Control Tower Fly-by (Negative Ghostrider, The Pattern is Full)
    Last edited by Yossarian; 03-20-2006 at 12:24 AM.

Eh, one more set for tonight.

Cornhole and Corn

Tele Tor

The Preacher's Lines

Thumbs up

About time you posted these!

And thanks for the message. I'm enjoying boat drinks, sushi, boobies, and monkey sex--all free of charge.

Malhalo!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Unbelievable.

BITCH!

Never skied there, but spent 2.5 months in Bariloche two summers ago (their summer)...is the one titled Cornholes and Corn in the Refugio Frey basin? Are most of the rest of the shots right near Catedral? We spent time at most of the Refugios in the area and I was wishing for my skis.

Sweet shots. I gotta go back in winter. [/jones]

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater

Malhalo!
    Is that bad?

RADNESS!!!! That week was soooo good. Me gusta la Santa Rosa.

Also, I would like to point out that I'm the one climbing up behind the Rev on the Stairway to Heaven...thanking god he was sin gas that day.
    Last edited by Arty50; 03-20-2006 at 10:34 AM.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

wow that is a wild shot. Stared at that longer than any photo yet on this site. That guy has confidence I can't begin to understand. Is there any air or does he really straight line the whole thing? nice photo SquawMan.
    off your knees Louie

I am sofa king rad.

And, hey... how do I get some of the boat drinks and monkey sex? It's been cheap beer and rosy palm up here for too long.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD
    wow that is a wild shot. Stared at that longer than any photo yet on this site. That guy has confidence I can't begin to understand. Is there any air or does he really straight line the whole thing? nice photo SquawMan.

Yeah there's air. I believe the photo credit actually goes to Huckasoreass...
    If things seem in control, Your just not going fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater

Malhalo!
    Isn't that French for bad breath?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<