Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    skiboards are centered stance wood-core twin tipped boards between 75 an 120cm in length that accept a 4 hole replaceable binding

snowblades are a name branded by the salomon company, which are foam core with plastic cheap bindings which cannot be replaced.

skiblades is the generic name for snowblades made by manufacturers other than salomon (plastic binding, foam core)

snowlerblade is a mock nickname for a snowbader

There is more information than any of you even remotely care to know about it.

So is snowblading the same as fruit booting?

That site is amusing...but seriously who cares what anybody is riding on? I sure as hell don't nor would I waste any time actually mocking them.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Quote Originally Posted by Mybad!
    So is snowblading the same as fruit booting?
    Yeah... and snowlerblading

FWIW I found my Mike Nick Skiboards to be more trouble than good when on Killington. They work best on groomed runs, and in the trees. The steeper it gets the more worthless they become. Stability issues at speed, and turning becomes more of a speed check than riding lines. Hence the reason I went over to the AT boards. Skiboards excel in the park and they can even outperform snowboards if the rider is good enough. I am not one of those park junkies who spend all day walking up the same 20 feet area to go over the same rail 1000 times over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    I think nick > jesus is pretty much pro on those things!

bwa ha ha ha i hear that too...maybe it means something..
    "records are less important for me than what i feel when i come down the mountain." ~ bode miller (dont agree with him on much, but...)

I'm impressed that some maggot would go to so much effort to make a website like that just for our collective amusement. Hilarious!

Well, 95% of the shit they do in that video, most maggots have never done on skis.
    Gotta agree. One of the best new school skiers in our country is a former rollerblader who started as a kid with snowblades. Now he's competing internationally, has a few movie parts etc. And best of all, skiing with all the old farts in "real" mountains and developing his all mountain skills, carving turns, pole plants, rhytm, whatever...(I guess basic skiing skills aren't THAT hard to master if you stomp switch 900's allready on 60feet tabletops)

Don't ya think those little guys are getting into longer and longer skis eventually? And then suddenly, BANG, they're oh so cool new schoolers with their "real" skis and poles.

Kind of double standard here. All the new school /new freestyle skiing tricks resemble fruitbooting VERY much anyway. The fact you just can't deny.

OK, snowblades/skiboards (or whatever they're called) are maybe pretty unefficient for just cruising around. But after all they're just short skis, and being that a very good tool for kids to practise in the park. And besides, try hitting a 30-45 foot gap with those thingies...stomping might be relatively hard, I'd say.

I watched part of the video, and wish I could do some of the rails those guys hit with ease.
    Last edited by Jiehkevarri; 03-10-2006 at 08:36 AM.

hey why are they gay ? they slide rails and do tricks just like all the new school heroes like tanner hall do......

oh wait, those are gay too
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by phillycore
    Actually, I post over there as well. They are a pretty good bunch of guys although the large majority of them are kids, young adults. There are a lot of talented riders on that site, and they don't hate on other forms of snow riding. Go ahead and slam me for being a skiboarder if you must, but I started off on regular skis then switched over to skiboards, now I'm pretty much splitting time between the two. Skiboards definitely are a fun snow riding device especially on the east coast where there isn't a ton of powder.
    My skiboards don't rank anywhere near in comparison to the AT boards that I have pretty much all but switched over to this season, however they are fun to play around with. Skiboarding in general is getting closer and closer to skiing anyway. The boards are getting longer, just like skis are getting wider. Pretty soon the difference between skiboards and short fat skis will be pretty much non existant at the rate things are evolving.

Let the slam fest begin, I'm a big boy and I can take it..

You're out there having fun with friends and that's all that counts. Some people round here need to stop being quite so elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_roo
    You're out there having fun with friends and that's all that counts. Some people round here need to stop being quite so elitist.
    RBHPPS

roo becoming hippie post preservation service.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague
    RBHPPS

roo becoming hippie post preservation service.
    Some of those quotes are wicked retahded though.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_roo
    Word....

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens
    Well, 95% of the shit they do in that video, most maggots have never done on skis.
    Exactly.

The stoke they get from pushing themselves and doing their thing

is no different than the stoke you get pushing yourself and doing your thing(skiing, boarding, whatever)

I gave my nephew a pair of snowlerblades for christmas a couple of years ago. Made me feel guilty and dirty. Like being cought at 14 with both hands under the blanket.

But I have made it good again now. I made him cry of fear last sunday when I took him down a couloir that turned out to be icy and quite a bit dangerous. My unclehood has been resurrected, I feel.
    All work and no play, ... you know...

I have seen people rocking those things on some pretty steep ice coast runs with little problem. The thing that gets me is though the lack of poles...that would intimidate the hell out of me. I hate skiing w/out my poles. I know a dude who uses ski poles w/ his snowlerblades all the time.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

who cares? I'm from the East, live in the East and telemark ski without poles. That should give you losers a few pages worth of hate to sling...

as for those that might agree with me....easy does it...don't go all "koombaya" on me....
    Last edited by stayalert; 03-10-2006 at 07:04 AM.

What is it with all this stupid political correctness??? Like "we are equally valuable". I call bullshit.

SNOWLERBLADERS MUST DIE
    All work and no play, ... you know...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by stayalert
    who cares? I'm from the East, live in the East and telemark ski without poles. That should give you losers a few pages worth of hate to sling...

as for those that might agree with me....easy does it...don't go all "koombaya" on me....
    You telemark ski without poles? That's outrageous! Especially on the east coast!

Quote Originally Posted by KANUTTEN
    SNOWLERBLADERS MUST DIE
    as we must all eventually.

but on the other hand we do not die gay.
    well some of us might. given the statistic that 3-4% of the population are gay some of us should be gay as well. although im slightly irrtated that no ski or snowboard or surf pro has outed himseld until today.(except tanner and jon maybe. hrr hrr) what is it with gay "extreme" sports athletes ?

Recent snowlerblade experience...when I tried out for ski school, I skied all day with a guy from Dallas that had spent the last three years on snowlerblades. Turned with his shoulders leading, etc. Also had a white boy hip hop steeze thing going. I had to keep my grins to myself and made an effort to be nice to him. Fellow Texan and all...

I thought it was pretty funny when he made the cut. Now he's on 1080s and we all go into the park together some nights and he is absolutely bold. Way fun to hang out with. Still can't get over the Brittney Spears posters hanging in his room though.

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa
    Still can't get over the Brittney Spears posters hanging in his room though.
    Hahahahah! (damn Texans!)

Sprite

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off

Do reversemarks without poles then come back.

Not going to get "koombaya" as you put it. Though I've not skied telemark styly before, I have wasted almost two hours on snowlerwankyplanks. I reckon your telemark skiing without poles through bumps or in the pow takes a lot more to master than anything on snowlerboards? My take on those things (snowlerwhatthefecks) is that if you have a little bit of courage you can do almost anything you want in the first few minutes of putting them on. As for them setting up skiers of the future... well, maybe they get confidence, but my two mates who went from skis to snowlerbollockyshites can't handle skis that well now, they get out of shape so quickly on the steep stuff. I'm all for the youth of today getting out there and doing sport, but any more variations on a theme will surely dilute the integrity of the original format.... a bit like playing squash with a tennis racket...too easy.
    Not around much these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa
    Recent snowlerblade experience...when I tried out for ski school, I skied all day with a guy from Dallas that had spent the last three years on snowlerblades. Turned with his shoulders leading, etc. Also had a white boy hip hop steeze thing going. I had to keep my grins to myself and made an effort to be nice to him. Fellow Texan and all...

I thought it was pretty funny when he made the cut. Now he's on 1080s and we all go into the park together some nights and he is absolutely bold. Way fun to hang out with. Still can't get over the Brittney Spears posters hanging in his room though.
    I was thinking they might make you a better skier-no tails to sit on.

hmm.... let me consider this.

no, still super gay.

art imitating life imitating art?

ok whoah. this is getting weird. its like the internet is this whole other little world or something...

http://www.sbol.ws/vbulletin/upload/...?threadid=2243
    Range after range of mountains.
    Year after year after year.
    I am still in love.
    - Gary Snyder