Exclamation A request from this weekend

So this might be an unusual request, but after yesterday I feel obligated to make it.

If you see 2 skiers/boarders collide and one of them tries to take off, please get descriptive info and/or follow them and report them to patrol.

Yesterday I was up patrolling and worked an accident where a girl who was snowboarding was hit from behind by another boarder that was out of control (it could have just as easily been a skier...this is not an anti-boarder thread). When I arrived on scene, this girl had no idea what had happened...all she remembered was waking up in the middle of the run. He father witnessed the whole thing, but could not provide any valuable identifying information. The boarder that hit her, got up and took off without finding out if she was okay.

I can't provide too much info regarding the specifics of the accident, but I will say that this girl was transported to the valley in an ambulance and does not have insurance. Now, because some douchebag hit her and took off, she's left with a few medical bills that will likely not be cheap.

All I'm asking is that if you see this, please get a good description of the colliding party if they choose to bolt. I know that in a lot of instances, they will go straight to the parking lot and leave. If we, as patrollers, see it and can't catch the individual, or sometimes to avoid conflict, we'll get license plates and let the sheriff sort things out. We're told at the mountain that leaving a scene like this is equatable to leaving the scene of a car accident where you injure someone else (legal mags, can you confirm this and what charges might apply?)

This whole thing has been bothering me since it happened. I apologize if this sounds like a page out of my diary, or if it sounds like I'm lecturing you all, but this felt like an appropriate place to bring it up.
    [This Space For Rent]

BLOODSWEATSTEEL Guest
    Appropriate indeed.

That dudes got some deservedly nasty karma coming his way.
    Elvis has left the building

Quote Originally Posted by SkiingBear

If you see 2 skiers/boarders collide and one of them tries to take off, please get descriptive info and/or follow them and report them to patrol.

True. Look out for each other.
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world." -Gandhi

Should I do this before or after I beat the living shit out of one trying to leave?
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

was this crash on golden needle
    No turns just point it !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrryde
    Should I do this before or after I beat the living shit out of one trying to leave?
    Keep in mind that this would leave you open to a lawsuit (although, it would probably be my first reaction too...and I'm guessing a judge might be somewhat lenient in this situation).

Quote Originally Posted by benrex
    was this crash on golden needle
    Sorry, I gave away more in my post than I already should have...
    [This Space For Rent]

Opening weekend this year I was turned into on the blindside by some dude....basically he was going too fast and turned right into me. Or maybe I turned into him. Or whatever.

I'm a fairly big dude and when this guy hit me...he went FLYING. I'm talking helmet off the top of his head onto the ground flying. I came out of both bindings (din set at 12 too!) but was okay.

I went up to him adn checked, got down on the snow with him and everything...oh my god, are you okay, etc. etc.

The guy said, "if you're here when I get up, i'm going to kick your ass".

I of course was the bigger guy, blah blah blah...but whatever. I promptly said "well fuck you then" and skied off.

Hope I wasn't too wrong.....LOL

Keep in mind that this would leave you open to a lawsuit (although, it would probably be my first reaction too...and I'm guessing a judge might be somewhat lenient in this situation).
    Of course the shithead bleading on the snow would need to be able to identify you, so you are probably good to go here.