Fritschi Freeride spring problem

I just got a new used pair of freerides and when I was trying to fit the toe piece height for my AT boots the spring let loose through the toe area. I was able to tighten it back to get the spring behind the toepiece but now the DIN won't go over 8 and when cranked down that far the bottom of the toe piece starts to bend out instead of sit straight up and down. The toe piece is also loose if I don't have spring pressure on it now. Does anyone know what I should try to get it right. Or questions if my description confuses you.

The parts aren't lined up properly but with out taking my bindings apart(which I'm not going to do because I don't want to end up in your situation) I can't tell you what goes where. Just take it apart again calm down and make sure everything is lined up and seated properly. This should fix it if not take it into a shop. If you had pictures it would help.
    Move along nothing to see here.

I think you are going to need to replace the bar. Good news is it can be relatively cheap (mine was $43 from Mammoth Mountaineering, they do ship) and pretty quick, like I did it in 1 hr including running out to radio shack to get some Torx bits. If inclined I might even right detailed instructions to do it, as I did it last weekend. Follow a few pictures to confirm diagnosis.

Attached is a crappy picture of the underside of a Fritschi bar.

The red circle is the bits that are sticking out, no? Undo the torx screw (T-10) in the peach circle. You should be able to easily slide out an assembly that looks like the second picture.

On a functioning binding there should be 2 pieces connected by a screw - I'll wager yours is broken like mine was, somewhere in the region of the yellow square. I don't think they sell the release mechanism seperate, only the bar.

If this doesn't help I'll take some better pictures tomorrow when I'm soberer.
    Last edited by cj001f; 01-12-2006 at 11:41 PM.
    Elvis has left the building

i just took my binding apart and its the same exact break. absolutely identical. this is strange becasue every shop person i've talked to says that they have never seen this problem before but that obviously has to be a weak point for the break to be identical.

BUMP

So I was going to work on my skis this morning and got that oh sh*t feeling when I noticed my toe piece was crooked, and the plastic mount underneath was not square. Thankfully, I was able to dig up a old thread on here, read about your problem tknox, take it all apart, and find the sad state of affairs. It was broken in the EXACT same way your had, and the other dude who shared the pics on diagnosing the binding problem.

I want to know what did you do at this point? The thread died after your post, so If you (or anyone else) dont mind sharing w me how you fixed the problem; as in if I can simply buy a replacement piece (the broken plastic part) or if i need to get a whole new bar, and how that turns out :/ either way it sucks, but I am thankful you posted your problem, so I could go off of something and properly diagnose what is broke. Please if you have the time email me at blpnicodemus@yahoo.com or post here to share w me what you did from here. Thanks all, heres to winter ( and heres to finding out my problem now vs. 1st big powder day and OH CRAP my bindings broke....gotta look at the bright side of sh*t creek sometimes!)

Peace,
    just a pile