Blizzard Titan Nine / Pro : Any Feedback?

Anyone have any experience with these? Currently on Legend Pros and Supermojo. Looking for something with a little more sidecut for the trees and tight spots. Thanks.

jennifertalia Guest
    Yeah, check epicski on the gear review forum

i'm on the pros. can't compare them to the 9s, as i've never skied those.
    never been on lps either, but supposedly they're pretty similar to the titan pros, so maybe they'd overlap a little.
    i love mine. they totally rock. super stable at high speeds, really good edge hold, nice and stiff.
    they're ok in tight spots/trees, but not perfect. on the other hand, that might be cuz i tele on them.
    i'm 6'1", 175lbs.
    hope that helps.

My dad has a pair of this years Titan Pros...and they are probably one of the stiffest skis I have ever flexed. FYI, they have almost a flat tail.

Kreitler @ Squaw....recently

dude, you want LPs, Supermojos and titans? WTF, can I have some of your money so I can fill the same spot in my quiver 3 times?

do the nine.

pros are at least as burly as LP's/monsters
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

What size 9's do you suggest? 181's or 188's?

These would be filling an all-mountain void in my quiver, for days when the snow is old and consolodated, potentially replacing 185 Armada ARVs. I want something stiffer, non-twin. I'm 5'10" and 155lbs. I ski Alpine Meadows.
    Straight-lining is the way of the West.

188's, atleast in the past the 181 have actually the same sidecut as the Titan 8's (ie. 82mm waist).
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

I am thinking of purchasing a pair of the pro's
    They dont seem vary popular any one know why

There should be some deals coming up soon on these with Dabello dropping Blizzard. I am sure inventories will soon be clearing. I picked up some 9's in a 181, I can't wait to get on them.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by PowderSpectral View Post
    I am thinking of purchasing a pair of the pro's
    They dont seem vary popular any one know why
    I am told they do not do much marketing. My titan 8.2 were some of the best skis i have ever had. The 9 would be a great one ski quiver.

I hired some Titan 9s in a 188 one day while my Legend Pros were have a repair done. They were a great ski. A bit more forgiving than the Pros and a bit more nimble in tight spots. I was at La Grave on a storm day so I was never going to be going very fast (on account of not being able to see more than about 50 yards) but they dealt with pow reasonably but really came into their own at the bottom of that hill where you have to deal with crud, moguls, slush, skiing down a footpath etc etc.

As someone says, the 181 is a much narrower ski. I just got a pair on ebay for touring. It's a bit annoying that they're narrower but I still think they'll hold up OK.

In all, really solid skis
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

Quote Originally Posted by Arno View Post
    As someone says, the 181 is a much narrower ski. I just got a pair on ebay for touring. It's a bit annoying that they're narrower but I still think they'll hold up OK.

Yeah, the 181's are a smaller/narrower ski, almost to the point where it should be a different (named) ski. I got them for an east coast ski for me and a western ski for my son to use when I will be on my Seths.
    Click. Point. Chute.

haven't used the 9, but i'm on the pro. it's a lot of ski. similar dimensions as the explosiv, except longer and 5mm wider in the shovel and tail but same 95 waist. it's relatively nimble for it's length and it floats well. solid edge hold and stable. powder, chopped crud, windbuff (excellent), anything.

Quote Originally Posted by skezen View Post
    What size 9's do you suggest? 181's or 188's?

These would be filling an all-mountain void in my quiver, for days when the snow is old and consolodated, potentially replacing 185 Armada ARVs. I want something stiffer, non-twin. I'm 5'10" and 155lbs. I ski Alpine Meadows.
    How big are your LPs? if 194, go 188. if 186 go 181. That way the Titan Nine will seem very quick.

BTW: Sounds like you might be doing the same ski search I just finished.

I have LP and mantra for those soft snow and crud days after storms. But the mantras are not really great on super hard snow and the 194 LPs are not that maneuverable in tight trees.

So for hard snow days (5+ days after storm and cold) at Alpine, I just pick up a pair of Stockli Stormrider XLs. I was look for something with great edge hold, that would be good for pack powder conditions in the trees. For that traditional all-mtn ski, you might want to look at skis w/ a similar profile as Stormrider XL (75-80mm waist).

I thought I had hear that the 188 and 181 were the same width (92mm waist) this year.

Mine are last years. I think they are still different (but not as different) this year - something like 92mm for the 188 and 86 for the 181
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

Mine are last years. I think they are still different (but not as different) this year - something like 92mm for the 188 and 86 for the 181
    The 181 is 122/86/109
    Click. Point. Chute.

I tried the Titan Pro on a firm day and a day with about 6 inches of fresh pow on top of chopped up crud. I didn't like them much. Hard to describe why, but they were damp in a bad way and less comfortable on firm snow than some wider skis I've been on (notably the Bro Model). My two cents.

I am on the 9.2 from '03. Best ski I have ever been on. I use them 97% of the time in Vail/ Summit County. They are great in everything from the deepest powder to ripping high speed groomers. Nice even flex without being too stiff. I am getting the Titan Nines this year. The Pros are just way too stiff.

They are almost impossible to find. If you can find them, buy them!!!

afaik 9.2 is considerably softer than titan nine, to the point that its pretty much a different ski (?). also heard of some durability issues with 9.2

i'm a panty waist, so I have the Titan 8. But for a short freeride ski (175cm) it rips like a big boy.

of all the skis I demoed last season (Karma, Mantra, B3, No Ka Oi, M:EX, Explosiv, iM88, Fischer AMC76, Crossbow, Magfire 12) it ripped the most. It had great edge hold (rode it on a firm packed day @ Heavenly) and was one of the first skis I've ridden that caused me to seriously think about getting a helmet.

i'm looking to score a T9 this season based on the T8's performance and wanting something a little longer than my 177 Mantra and something a little more stable on the hardpack/ice.