Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Utah mini paaaarty

We need a venue for the annual Utah mini party so that Mini goers can showcase their mad furry costume and alcohol consumption skills.

I'll volunteer to host because a) my house is 5 minutes from the mouth of LCC and b) we had a great time hosting the shindig last year.

What say ye maggots?
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderline
    We need a venue for the annual Utah mini party so that Mini goers can showcase their mad furry costume and alcohol consumption skills.

I'll volunteer to host because a) my house is 5 minutes from the mouth of LCC and b) we had a great time hosting the shindig last year.

What say ye maggots?
    You may have to fight me & skiingbear for the honor, however...
    since we have a WETBAR!!!!!!! in the family room/basement of our new house..

but your new house is pretty sweet too.

maybe we'll split the duties, k?
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

i wanna party at skibears house this year!!!!

...looks like they have a very spacious place to host this.

Edit: This is altachic..one of these days i'll stop posting under my husbands name.

Let's just pray for snow in the valley during the mini. Our backyard is easily big enough to build up some drunk skiing/boarding excitement.

Maybe a new precendent needs to be set for 2 major parties for the mini???
    [This Space For Rent]

Quote Originally Posted by SkiingBear
    Let's just pray for snow in the valley during the mini. Our backyard is easily big enough to build up some drunk skiing/boarding excitement.

I like the way you think. The more parties, the merrier.

My new house is about 3000 sq. feet so there's plenty of room to mingle.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

I like the way you think. The more parties, the merrier.

My new house is about 3000 sq. feet so there's plenty of room to mingle.
    I raise you 3600 sq. ft B
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    ...pmgear...

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide
    I raise you 3600 sq. ft B
    I call your puny 600 sq. feet and raise you another 1000 sq. feet....wait, never mind.

How about we get down with our bad selves at your house on Friday night the 10th, and at my house on Saturday night the 11th?

Two or more Mini parties would be radness.

Anyone else want to step up and volunteer to have yet another party? C'mon, you know you do.

EDIT: My liver is crying already.
    Last edited by boarderline; 09-22-2005 at 06:47 PM.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

North of South, South of North, West of East
    Fuck, Fuck, fuckity, fuck!

How am I gonna talk my wife into letting me come back from a week in UT on Sat 2/4 and then go back on the following TH or FR?

Important meeting with the Gov.?
    Business Trip?
    I'm really a super secret CIA agent and the security of the country is as stake?

C'mon maggs I need some really good ideas.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

Quote Originally Posted by teledave
    Fuck, Fuck, fuckity, fuck!

How am I gonna talk my wife into letting me come back from a week in UT on Sat 2/4 and then go back on the following TH or FR?

Important meeting with the Gov.?
    Business Trip?
    I'm really a super secret CIA agent and the security of the country is as stake?

C'mon maggs I need some really good ideas.
    Missed the plane flight back??? Stay out there for 2 weeks.
    Fly her out for the 3 or 4 days in between and treat her to some spa treatment at Snowbird. Might be pricey though.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide
    You may have to fight me & skiingbear for the honor, however...
    since we have a WETBAR!!!!!!! in the family room/basement of our new house..

but your new house is pretty sweet too.

maybe we'll split the duties, k?

I will be partying here, as my bed will be made and waiting for me to pass out on eventually.

And the next night or night before, I will have Bear drive me and Guide back from Boaderlines party so I can sleep on my bed that is made and waiting for me to pass out on.

That is what happens when I am storing the bed for you in one hell of a cramped garage now.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

I will supply wyoming beer. Tell me what yall are looking for. I am a new belgium fan myself. Or Camo 40's...depends on bills :-).

We could start a paypal account just for the booze/food or something.

How much would a limo be for the evening, doing pickups and drops, to make sure everyone can enjoy themselves without sweating the drive? That comfort is so nice after a good party. Maggot limo? Don't we know someone who is a muckity-muck at Smith these days???

How super could he be, that SuperG, while gaining a little publicity???

Quote Originally Posted by LaramieSkiBum
    I will supply wyoming beer. Tell me what yall are looking for. I am a new belgium fan myself. Or Camo 40's...depends on bills :-).

We could start a paypal account just for the booze/food or something.
    Dude, we should so get a keg of something good. Failing that, a bit of quantity of Fat Tire or some other good pale ale would be the bomb diggity.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Dude, we should so get a keg of something good. Failing that, a bit of quantity of Fat Tire or some other good pale ale would be the bomb diggity.

I smell another poll "brewing"

Fat would be sweet. I'm a fan of the sunshine too, or Laramie's Altitude's 7200

Thumbs up

I personally have overdone the Fat Tire and like a bit more hoppiness in my pale ale. PM me Lar, we can talk about a keg for sure and get some real good suds.

I like the way you think.

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    How much would a limo be for the evening, doing pickups and drops, to make sure everyone can enjoy themselves without sweating the drive? That comfort is so nice after a good party. Maggot limo? Don't we know someone who is a muckity-muck at Smith these days???

How super could he be, that SuperG, while gaining a little publicity???

Yeah, good point Splat. This is Utah, you WILL go to jail if you drive, just trust me on that one, learned this the hard way.

Plus I hope the roads are all white anyway so I will coordinate with the party throwers and make sure we have cab numbers, maybe some extra sleeping bags from the Utard crew to donate for drunken skiers, .....

In Utah, the party thower is responsible for the guests leaving their house IF you had been served alchohol by them. SO, out of great respect for the party thowers, please use your best judgement AND DO NOT DRIVE IF YOU HAVE BEEN DRINKING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy

In Utah, the party thower is responsible for the guests leaving their house IF you had been served alchohol by them. SO, out of great respect for the party thowers, please use your best judgement AND DO NOT DRIVE IF YOU HAVE BEEN DRINKING!!!
    Are you serious?....this isn't just for contributing to a minor?

whoa....what a concept.

Is it against the law to permit another person to "get drunk"?
    Yes, it is. Utah Code Annotated 32a-12-216(2) states, "A person may not permit any other person to become intoxicated as defined in section 76-9-701, or any intoxicated person to consume any alcoholic beverage in any premises of which the person is the owner, tenant, or occupant, or in any chartered bus or limousine of which the person is the owner or operator.

A violation of this section is an infraction.

you gotta be shittin me?! I didn't know this one either:

Is there such a thing as "Happy Hour" in Utah?
    As far as liquor licensees and liquor sales are concerned, no. Happy hours or any other promotion which discounts beer or liquor prices is prohibited, as is anything else which promotes over consumption.
    Last edited by LaramieSkiBum; 09-24-2005 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaramieSkiBum
    Are you serious?....this isn't just for contributing to a minor?

whoa....what a concept.

you gotta be shittin me?! I didn't know this one either:

The beauty of a keg is that you were not served by them. It was help yourself, right?

BUT, kegs are illegal in Utah.

Yes, when I bartended, you do have to watch it. I stopped them when they fell down.

Thumbs up

Yeah, good point Splat. This is Utah, you WILL go to jail if you drive, just trust me on that one, learned this the hard way.

Plus I hope the roads are all white anyway so I will coordinate with the party throwers and make sure we have cab numbers, maybe some extra sleeping bags from the Utard crew to donate for drunken skiers, .....

Plenty of couch/futon/floor space en mi casa if needed.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Glad you caught part of my drift.......

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    Glad you caught part of my drift.......

Well, when you have an 8th month old that is on the move and keeping you very busy from 5am to 10pm, the old brain does not work to its capacity.

The Smith and Super G stuff I am obviously out not knowing what you are speaking about. Part not gotten.

I will be out there this winter for the Utah mini for sure!!
    Nothing like sea-level lungs and consecutive nights of boozing to make me feel like a million bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiingBear

SHIT!! mwho needs snow? Just hose down your new lawn!!

Yea, that's pretty much the law in every state.

And I'm sure many of us haven't considered the potential ramifications for our hosts in the past, and we've all probably left parties that we shouldn't have when it's really not a big deal to crash.

Seriously, though, I"ve always had an open door policy on that issue, and pretty much, I think everyone should just PLAN to stay, unless you have a DD/nice sober person driving.

1st Annual Maggot ORGY! (er... i mean, slumber party)

with 6 bedrooms, and two great rooms essentially, and not nearly enough furniture to fill it all yet or by the time the mini rolls around, there should be plenty of floor space available. and maybe even some other choice spots.

a big skier's breakfast where we all pitch in could be fun the next morning anyway.
    current ventures:

twitter.com/elisabethos
    ...pmgear...

Congrats on the new digs!

Do you really need all that room though? Seems awful big for just two people who work and travel quite extensively.

Who needs furniture. Says the guy who's only peice of furniture is a LayZBoy recliner.
    Last edited by powderwhore; 09-27-2005 at 03:22 AM.