Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Las Lenas-Whats Up?

I am here in Buenos Aires doing some business stuff and wondering what's the latest from LL. I know there are a bunch of heads down there right now, an update please!

umm, this is hop using "goldenboy" because it´s already logged in and won´t log out.

boot to waist deep blower, vis from skim to whole milk, we like it here.

Whats the werd on Marte?

Did you read his last post? Just shut up and go!

Yah, I read the post

Quote Originally Posted by enlosandes
    Yah, I read the post
    Chillesize.

marte hasn´t been open for last 4 days. i´ve been ehre since aug 30, flying out sept 11. hope to see it open. whatever, the touring possibilities here are endless. not to mention huge.

Hey Spew, have they been digging Marte out? Before the last storm cycle, you were about a foot off the snow?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy

boot to waist deep blower
    FKNA

Girlski, Hop, Squirrel & everybody I am soooooooo glad you've hit this storm cycle. Mebbee a little jealous too, but mostly glad. Hop - did you roll through baggage claim in the fashion you were scheming? GS - Gavin's moved his crew to Lenas from Portillo a couple of days ago, keep your eyes open for him.
    I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.

It went off today, total bluebird and no winds in the morning. Marte is still closed so we hiked way up for tracks. We were some of the first ones up. Man, the terrain is unreal. So we picked our lines, some taking chutes or whatever, but I chose the completey untracked huge line. So nervous dropping in due to everyone choosing another zone out of view, so I busted off the cornice with no intention of stopping until the bottom. It was easily the best, most untracked, fastest, non-stop screamer of ever had. I so wish I had a helmet cam for that one! I don´t know how much vert, but it felt big, not big like something off the tram or high rus, but big like what you see in the movies.

The rest of the crew had it good, and we ripped around till the winds kicked up in the afternoon. This place is incredible, and Kristen has already suggested extending our stay past our original 3 week plan. Time to UFO for drinks. The crew says Hola and we´re getting after for all those back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Tresckow
    It was easily the best, most untracked, fastest, non-stop screamer of ever had. I so wish I had a helmet cam for that one! I don´t know how much vert, but it felt big, not big like something off the tram or high rus, but big like what you see in the movies.
    That's what I'm talkin' about. Sweet

sup yáll '... suffering through a down day here. drizzling here at the base with full on pressure washer wind-sleet-rain in the face on the Volcano lift. Keeping fingers crossed that this big storm is just coming in heavy and will leave us light and white.

Yesterday, was freaking awesome though...

Day broke bluebird..
    Endless monster mountains and lines in all directions...
    Fresh baked pow pow everywhere..

Hiked up the ridge from the quad for about 2 hours and reached about mid-Eduardos. thought about dropping into the chutes that lead down to Marte but conditiosn looked super sketch wind affected while Eduardos was untracked, deep, sunny, steep.....dropped in, picked up speed, banked a turn off a ridge & for about 5 minutes & few thousand vert of thigh deep turns, all was finally right in the world.

the afternoon brought rising winds and lowering vis. We ended up lapping volcano traversing out to lookers left to score some sweet southeast facing bootdeep blower. The wind machine was in effect, so our turns were filled with each successive lap...

there was a sweet cliff band/booter in the middle of the bowl we were hitting and on my second run I decided to send it.....heh, and I got worked....got all of balance on the takeoff and tomahawked about 4 or 5 times at highspeed downslope. Got the first big beater out of the way mentally and the knee was supergood afterwards....gotta go back and redeem myself off that sucker before I leave.

Hottub time now...ciao
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Thumbs up

Even reading this stuff is good for the soul.

You mags better look out, Gaper Timmay is on the way! He's gonna poach all the good lines!

Las Lenas rocked last week, despite no Marte(the skins came in handy), there was powder to had everyday, a few photos:

Edit: Photos moved to TR.
    Last edited by Artie Fufkin; 09-06-2005 at 05:18 PM.

Good to see they managed to fix Volcano relatively quickly. Artie, where did you guys go skining?

keep it up!
    He who has the most fun wins!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    dropped in, picked up speed, banked a turn off a ridge & for about 5 minutes & few thousand vert of thigh deep turns, all was finally right in the world.

Got the first big beater out of the way mentally and the knee was supergood afterwards.
    That made me all warm and happy inside, good stuff ty.

Tyrone, it was windy in portillo yesterday, and it´s dumping calmly now, though temps are kinda high. Should be good stuff heading your way. We may be coming with it. Any prognostications on Marte?

Just back home - difficult travel getting down there - luggage delayed for two days due to Katrina and American Airlines incompetence. Huge snow, frustrating lift closures, phone & power outages and internet downage - hiking Vulcano was sweet on Wednesday and stayed good all Thursday when it finally opened. Toured to top of Marte on Friday for unforgetable turns. Pity LL decided to divert the bulk of their efforts to some shitty little snowboard comp rather than getting terrain open .

Back to real life and a week or so before I can eat another steak. For Buenos Aires travellers don't touch the honey ale from the brew pub in Recollata (?sp) it should carry a health warning.

Met a bunch of great folks - Arty and others it was nice to meet you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Get some guys.....NZ is huuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttin'

Thumbs up

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Has Foggy appeared yet?

waist deep blower in Aug/Sept...I don't think life gets any better than that. Stoke.
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

rain please go away....

great snow saturday and sunday, now it´s been raining on and off for the past two days, freezing levels rising to the peak of marte. snow situation fairly unstable. hitting lower mountain mostly, but we need a few days of sunshine and no wind for a chance at marte. they´ve been working on the base area but we´ll see. can´t complain though, snow was great over the weekend got in some good hikes and promise good tr´s upon return to north america <i know useless without pics

all maggots are present and accounted for. maggot postre session at innsbrook in a few minutes. great group of gringos here, town is hopping. internet sessions limited to 15 min so can´t upload pics. crazy.

we are all hoping for a nice corn cycle later this week. 1- help with stability and 2-get <marte open.

enlosandes- having trouble accessing my email here. try stopping by corbus 8 if you are in town to meet up. volcano back up and running. crowds have gone down a little bit too.

adios for now.