Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FS: 2005 XWave10 26.5 boots $199 new

Now only one size available at shop near my office ( http://www.anymountain.net/dublin.html ):
    26.5 (last pair might still be there, was there 9/19)

I'm not the seller. The shop won't accept phone payments or ship, but I'll be your middleman for a beer.

First, try on the right size at your local shop, then call my shop (info below) to reserve the boot, then PM me for my paypal address. Then PAYPAL me $240 (ship/beer markup) from your bank account (or $247 from your credit card to cover paypal fees), then I'll buy & ship.

Am I trustworthy? Yes, ask tibaher. http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=30980

THE BOOTS:

2005 XWave 10 boots new in box, Yellow with
    ugly red chili peppers that are hidden in these photos:
    http://i.timeinc.net/skiing/content/...2005/4043l.jpg
    http://img.timeinc.net/skimag/gear/2...oots/2008l.jpg

Last edited by Vitamin I; 09-15-2005 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Only 26.5 remain, 4 maggots hooked up
    - TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

I'd be all over this if they had 25.5!
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero
    XWave 9 at REI clearance, 25.5 only:
    http://www.rei.com/online/store/Prod...y_rn=40003565&

(I wasn't out shopping for you, just noticed this earlier this A.M. when shopping through other REI stuff.)

-Karl
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Call this 2nd location. http://www.anymountain.net/berkeley.html

If they have 25.5 there, it's yours.

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Thanks guys. What is the flex rating from the 9.0 to the 10.0?
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Thanks guys. What is the flex rating from the 9.0 to the 10.0?
    comparing the 2005 models...

9 is 100 flex.
    10 is 110 flex.
    Same shell. Same everything except Different liner and Different rivets. Might also be slightly different sole, but not sure.

You can remove 2 rivets per boot on the 10 to make it same flex as the 9.
    Or you can drill and add 2 rivets to the 9 to make it same flex as 10.
    Last edited by Vitamin I; 08-26-2005 at 01:48 PM.

Cool I'll be in Dublin tomorrow .Hopefully they fit I need new boots big time.
    Last edited by CRACKER; 08-26-2005 at 04:02 PM.
    Suck It!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra
    XWave 9 at REI clearance, 25.5 only:
    http://www.rei.com/online/store/Prod...y_rn=40003565&

(I wasn't out shopping for you, just noticed this earlier this A.M. when shopping through other REI stuff.)

-Karl
    Yea, I bought those the other day. I believe the 9 and 10 actually have the same liner.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman
    ...I believe the 9 and 10 actually have the same liner.
    Not exactly the same. 2005 Xwave9 has a liner they call "Customfit 3D", and 2005 Xwave10 has a liner they call "Customfit PRO". There's slightly more thermoformable foam in the PRO liner than the 3D liner (something like 90% in PRO vs 80% in 3D---not a big difference).

The shop had sample cut-out patches of Salomon liner on display so you could try to feel the difference with your hands. But with my hands, I could barely feel the difference between the PRO and 3D sample patches, whereas the XWave8 sample and lower-end samples definitely felt like a "lower-end" category.

2006 XWave9 with honeycomb shell now has a "Performance" liner, but I suspect it's the same '3D' liner just renamed "Performance". 2006 XWave10 liner is still called "PRO", and 2006 Course models have liners called "Race".

I was gonna get 9's, but got 10's mainly because I found them at a lower price.
    Last edited by Vitamin I; 08-27-2005 at 03:02 PM.

Is there a boot-sole size difference between the 28.0 and the 28.5, or is it just a different size liner?

I have 28.0s in a 325mm

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones
    Is there a boot-sole size difference between the 28.0 and the 28.5, or is it just a different size liner?

I have 28.0s in a 325mm
    Same shell for 2005 XWave 28.0 and 28.5---325mm. Guys on this board have said the liner is also the same for both 28.0 and 28.5, and that Sally makes the 28.0 tighter just by using a thicker/higher piece under your foot, like maybe the board under the liner is higher, or maybe the sole of the liner is thicker, or maybe the insole inside the liner is thicker. But I investigated the rumors myself.

I just took apart a 2005 Wave9 27.0 and 27.5 and examined all parts, read all part numbers and labels, etc. The ONLY differences are in the liner itself. The footboards under the liner are identical and are both labeled "27 27.5". And the insoles inside the liner are identical and are both labeled "270 275". But on the forefoot piece of the liner, one was labelled "270" and the other "275". My hands and eyes could NOT detect any difference in thickness of the liner padding or soles, and sole-to-sole they looked to be the same length, width, etc. But when I tried them on in the shell, the 27.0 felt more snug on my foot.

CONCLUSION: Either the 27.0 liner has slightly thicker padding or sole than the 27.5 liner, or maybe the 27.0 liner is merely sewn up with slightly less space within. There are no other differences between the 2 sizes. But the difference is so small anyway that your sock choice and/or custom insole choice would make a bigger difference than choosing beetween 27.0 and 27.5.

I just bought these 27.5's cheap, but I wish the 27.0 was available at that price, because I have narrow feet and it's gonna pack out. So I'm either gonna wear slightly thicker socks, or use thicker insoles (superfeet?), or insert homemade "risers" into the shell under my liner. After my research, I think adding a layer of mouse pad material would make my 27.5 much tighter than a 27.0, but I'll try it and see.
    Last edited by Vitamin I; 08-27-2005 at 10:56 PM. Reason: changed some info after I took apart 2 boots

yeah, I've got duck feet (wide toebox, narrow heel), and pretty flat feet at that, so I had to blow out and widen the boots just a bit, as well as having the underfoot lifter sanded down a bit by my bootfitter - now they fit great. Wondering if I should hop on this deal.

Can the chili pepper be peeled off - is it a sticker? Or would you have to sand it off? WTF is Salomon thinking with these things? Euro-gay.

...Can the chili pepper be peeled off - is it a sticker? Or would you have to sand it off?.
    Good idea! I just tried scratching off a part of the printed chili pepper with my fingernail, and it comes off easily without scratching up the plastic underneath. Gentle sanding would work faster, but might leave a sanded mark on the plastic. Coarse side of a dry scrubbiing sponge sounds about perfect. Easy.

Vitamin thanks big time for the tip.Stopped by the the Dublin store put my foot in a pair of 28.5 and they fit like a glove.The total cost for the boots and a pair of socks came out to 227.00$
    Suck It!

fuck off my boots pal! Grrrrrrr!

yeah, I've got duck feet (wide toebox, narrow heel), and pretty flat feet at that, so I had to blow out and widen the boots just a bit, as well as having the underfoot lifter sanded down a bit by my bootfitter - now they fit great. Wondering if I should hop on this deal.
    Great price...also..if you have the $$$, Tecnica's Vento 10 is wider in mid/fore-foot & toebox...tighter in heel, slightly more volume over instep...but downsize a shell.
    But those prices are nice.......
    $.01....

put em' on....blow em' out
    Last edited by steved; 08-28-2005 at 01:45 PM.

Should have puulled the trigger instead of worring about the chili peppers
    Suck It!

Still might be 2 left in 28.5 (1 at each location mentioned in my original post).

Jumper! Clean your PM inbox. I tried to PM you, but it was full.

I'm shipping your boots, so don't bother fixing your paypal account for me.

anyone know if these x-waves are any lighter than the older ones? If they are, put me down for a pair of 28.5

Vitamin - box cleaned! Sorry I let it get all nasty.

Blurred - not sure. The liner is slightly different than it used to be, otherwise I think everything's the same. This year's model, however, has the hexagonal "spaceframe" honeycomb cutout that last year's Pro Model and Course had. Also, the buckles are now made of Ti. Also there are two different XWave 10 models now, and I guess they incorporated the Crossmax boot with it so all that is different is paint scheme.

there's a thread about it here , look for my post at the bottom of the page.
    Last edited by Jumper Bones; 08-30-2005 at 08:05 PM.

...This year's model, however, has the hexagonal "spaceframe" honeycomb cutout that last year's Pro Model and Course had. Also, the buckles are now made of Ti...
    That's right, but to be more precise, the honeycomb stuff is different on XWave line.

Course/Pro Model line has real hexagonal holes that go all the way through the rigid plastic, and then there's a thin flexible clear plastic sheet on the inner surface to keep water out. That clear plastic sheet is fused to the hard plastic shell very elegantly, no rough seams, looks somewhat durable, etc. but who knows if it is really durable for 3-4 years of use? Maybe, maybe not. If not, surely it can be repaired.

2006 Xwave line has "fake" hexagonal holes. The "holes" don't go all the way through the hard shell, so there's no flexible clear plastic sheet barrier needed, because there's a thin hard layer there (i.e. the hexagons are just a few mm thinner than the rest of the shell). So it's heavier than real holes, it's stiffer there, but that part will surely be more durable than the Course/Pro Model line.

Anyway, Jumper is right. 2006 XWave should be lighter than 2005 due to hexagons and Ti buckles.
    Last edited by Vitamin I; 08-31-2005 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I
    Same shell for 2005 XWave 28.0 and 28.5---325mm. Guys on this board have said the liner is also the same for both 28.0 and 28.5, and that Sally makes the 28.0 tighter just by using a thicker/higher piece under your foot, like maybe the board under the liner is higher, or maybe the sole of the liner is thicker, or maybe the insole inside the liner is thicker. But I investigated the rumors myself.

I just took apart a 2005 Wave9 27.0 and 27.5 and examined all parts, read all part numbers and labels, etc. The ONLY differences are in the liner itself. The footboards under the liner are identical and are both labeled "27 27.5". And the insoles inside the liner are identical and are both labeled "270 275". But on the forefoot piece of the liner, one was labelled "270" and the other "275". My hands and eyes could NOT detect any difference in thickness of the liner padding or soles, and sole-to-sole they looked to be the same length, width, etc. But when I tried them on in the shell, the 27.0 felt more snug on my foot.

CONCLUSION: Either the 27.0 liner has slightly thicker padding or sole than the 27.5 liner, or maybe the 27.0 liner is merely sewn up with slightly less space within. There are no other differences between the 2 sizes. But the difference is so small anyway that your sock choice and/or custom insole choice would make a bigger difference than choosing beetween 27.0 and 27.5.

I just bought these 27.5's cheap, but I wish the 27.0 was available at that price, because I have narrow feet and it's gonna pack out. So I'm either gonna wear slightly thicker socks, or use thicker insoles (superfeet?), or insert homemade "risers" into the shell under my liner. After my research, I think adding a layer of mouse pad material would make my 27.5 much tighter than a 27.0, but I'll try it and see.
    I worked in a shop for a few years and did alot as a boot mechanic. A really good option for your problem is to buy custom liners. Zip Fits are pretty good and they don't really pack out. If they do pack out you i can inject cork into the tongue or heal area. They are pretty pricey, but last forever. I have gone through four pair of boots with the same Zip Fit, it is still in great shape.
    Last edited by cpj.slc; 08-31-2005 at 11:14 AM. Reason: misspelling

any 27.5?

what, I should just call?

Quote Originally Posted by spthomson
    any 27.5?...
    I bought the last 27.5 from them, but I will either sell them to you or return them to the shop.

They fit great, but Monday night I discovered that the Course/Pro Model last fits me even better. I had no idea any boot could ever fit me that well. Now I MUST have the Pro Model instead.

PM me if you want the 2005 XWave 27.5 from me. New in box, except I had my feet in them in the store for 10 minutes, and in my house for another minute. Shipped for $240 paypal ($247 if credit card).