Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bro's in the East

So I live in the east. Just wondering if anyone skis the Bro's as their primary stick on the east coast. I have an old pair of Explosivs that I find enjoyable on our rare powder days and in the chopped up heavy stuff we get, however I bought them a bit shorter that I should have and will probably turn them into my rock skis. Hence the need for a replacement.

I have read all of the write-ups and reviews on the Bros just looking' for some first hand knowledge from someone on the east coast to see how they hold up in the legendary packed powder (ice). I am thinking the Stiffy! Jong away!

- SkiEvil
    Courage + believe = life. Life is not about how many breaths you take. It's what you do with those breaths

Ask vinman, he's there.....

sigh.......www.skiphantom.com, and then get some sharp edged turner for the hard days.

I wouldn't ski east coast hardpack on anything less than a 110mm+ waist and 190cmm+ length. You're gonna need all that float.

Damn, I guess I need to go bigger.
    Courage + believe = life. Life is not about how many breaths you take. It's what you do with those breaths

don't listen to phunk, you're fine if you buy Gotamas (190 only) or Big Daddies... Otherwise, you need something in the range of Powder Plusses or Axioms or Sanouks.

Damn u guys are smart!

I think you mean:

Dam u guys are smrt.

nope I mean:
    Damn, yunz guys is smart n'at!

oh... well, in that case. I really have nothing to contribute other than to say Vinman is really small and he skis them on the east coast, I think with no problems.

Bro's are my primary skis now. And I find they do just fine on any type of snow. Obviously they excel in the pow but they hold an edge just fine on the famous EC hardpack, carves well on firm stuff. Not exactly a bump ski but its not impossible to ski bumps with them. For me they do fine in the trees as well, light enough to swing around in tighter spots and dreamy to ski in well spaced trees. Definitly go with the stiffie, the softs that I flexed made me think they might not hold well on firm EC snow. and this is coming from a guy that might weigh less than phunk. So I really don't see a reason not to get them for them for EC skiing as long as you intend on skiing where there might actually be a pow day every now and then.

Is a 99 waisted ski overkill for the east, maybe, but who cares they are fun to ski on almost anything the east serves up?

oh and Crash can kiss my ass for that "Vinman is really small" comment.

buy a Smuggs pass mang. Bill said he would if you do.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman
    this is coming from a guy that might weigh less than phunk.

comparing oneself to phunk = on point opinion invalidated

Bro's are my primary skis now. And I find they do just fine on any type of snow. Obviously they excel in the pow but they hold an edge just fine on the famous EC hardpack, carves well on firm stuff. Not exactly a bump ski but its not impossible to ski bumps with them. For me they do fine in the trees as well, light enough to swing around in tighter spots and dreamy to ski in well spaced trees. Definitly go with the stiffie, the softs that I flexed made me think they might not hold well on firm EC snow. and this is coming from a guy that might weigh less than phunk. So I really don't see a reason not to get them for them for EC skiing as long as you intend on skiing where there might actually be a pow day every now and then.

Is a 99 waisted ski overkill for the east, maybe, but who cares they are fun to ski on almost anything the east serves up?

oh and Crash can kiss my ass for that "Vinman is really small" comment.

buy a Smuggs pass mang. Bill said he would if you do.
    I Ski the bros on both coasts and agree 100% with everything above.

I have bro's on the east, and they'll likely be my primary sticks this year. They're superlight compared to most skis, so the swing weight difference is negligible, and they're really fun to boot around on in both the trees and on any open trail you can come across. The skis are so light, in fact, that vin had to hold them down from becoming a wind sail and blowing him off the top of Mansfield. True story.

PS Smuggs passes are the hotness.

its so cold and fucking miserable at smuggs, all in the shade, never gettign any sun, only dagger like piercing wind . i'm moving to california.

Quote Originally Posted by basom
    its so cold and fucking miserable at smuggs, all in the shade, never gettign any sun, only dagger like piercing wind . i'm moving to california.

basom is leaving
    I shall point line in honor
    big peak over smuggs

Quote Originally Posted by schuss
    basom is leaving

i'll be in on mansfield, in spirit, when its like this.

thats big!

i'll be in on mansfield, in spirit, when its like this.

feasts aren't nearly as satisfying to the prince as they are to the pauper.

And we'll be there in spirit when you ski gnarness everyday you truckee snob.

Maybe on those $850 blackout days in VT we can all come your way?

When someone posts about Bro's in the East, I expected to hear a little Hot 97 Yo!!!!
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz
    When someone posts about Bro's in the East, I expected to hear a little Hot 97 Yo!!!!
    Something tells me FunkMaster Flex and Angie C don't post on this board.

okay. better.
    and, yes, thats true.

Go ahead move to california see if we care, and all that shade and cold equals more hidden pow stashes for me.

i'm keeping you camel bak bladder hostage. I might excute the hostage as well.

WhiteRoom Skis

i'm keeping you camel bak bladder hostage.
    hey now, thats just mean.

i think this the time to tell you that i have always thought you should grow a stash.

nah it would ruin my boyish charm and good looks.

but a big style handlebar type would make me look a bit older and them maybe I would'nt get proofed when I buy booze so often

WhiteRoom Skis