Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Short Bro rumors?

I thought I saw somewhere a more solid mention of a possible shorter Bro. Like 180 or something. Am I imagining this? I tried a search, but short gets flagged as too common and Bro and 180 are too ... short (ba-dump).

Someone fill me in.

178 might be coming out this fall, but probably closer to mid winter due to testing prototypes etc.
    Thats the word on the street anyway

Yo, Big E........It's coming, possibly sooner than later. We've brought in some new investors, talking to more.
    If our discussions pan out, we could see a proto within 50 days and have 100 pair on hand by early November.

suh-weeeeeet!!!

I'll hopefully be getting one of those 100 pairs!!

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    Yo, Big E........It's coming, possibly sooner than later. We've brought in some new investors, talking to more.
    If our discussions pan out, we could see a proto within 50 days and have 100 pair on hand by early November.
    bap bap bap!!!

Clearing the AMEX...
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

What's the final size on those? I wish you guys would go with like 182 cm or so. And def not shorter than 180.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

Quote Originally Posted by bossass
    What's the final size on those? I wish you guys would go with like 182 cm or so. And def not shorter than 180.
    Shut up!

180 max, I'd like to see a 178.

Your a big boy, get the 188's.

Us "trying to ski" types want a bit shorter.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Stay tuned...

178 please...

We'll have something definitive to say on this sometime next week.

I know I'm gonna get the shaft on this one. 188 is way too long for a do-everything ski for me (let's face it, bro's are not a powder ski for me when I have Spatulas and Made'ns in the quiver.) And 178 seems a tad too short. But I guess I like my 179 Made'ns okay, so how about 180 to compromise.

Aside: Skis should always come in roughly 5 or 6 cm incriments or they should be 10cm inc. on the 5s. Like Atomic Pow Plus', 180 too short, 190 too long. If somebody is complaining that a 185 is not enough ski (I'm 6'1" and 195lbs and 183-186cm is perfect for me) they would probably rather have a 195 than a 190 anyway. God dammit, come to think of it, everyone should consult me first when they are building a ski.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

178 was the word on another not to be named message board

Id buy it (in a few seasons) if there was a 182-84 . I would strongly consider it in a 180 but I would feel like a woman. Either way... good luck with the new venture Pmguys.

duker

Alright, Splat, and the rest of you PM guys. I think I've got it all figured out.

Create Bros in 1cm increments from 150 to 200. That should cover everybody's needs.

.Bossass you are weak if you think 188's are too long for you.

Duker I hope your just messin'

If you get 10 different pairs for 180's and measure them all tip to tail and measure their running lengths you will get more than 10cm of disparity between them for the same marked length.

I don't see any point in having increments of less than 10cm. Yes Nordica's 20cm jump in the old 105's was too much.

I think the rational here for PMgear is to change the stiffness in a pair of skis you change one thing in the manufacturing process. To Change the length of the ski is almost as much work in production terms as making a completely different ski.
    Knowledge is Powder

Bossass,
    I would typically agree that for me 183-185 is about the perfect length for me and I initially thought the 188cm Bro's would be too much for everyday. Still might be, but when I tried the demo pair that Vet's was toting around I was surprised. I didn't think the 188cm was too much. Now I will say the 188cm thing is one of the reasons I didn't pull the trigger last year and a 178cm won't get me to buy them this year either.

I hate that ski manufacturers have gone to having 10cm differences between sizes. Just me. I now find that I have to find a ski that is in my size sweet spot (183-185) and then see if I like everything else about it rather than the other way around. I have the same sorta issue with the Explosives. 180 is too short and 190 is a little too long. Can ski them 85% of the time fine and love them, but why fight them if 185 is the right length.

I can also see what Idris is saying about it being easier to change flex than length. Just still is optimum for me.
    Has there been a price announced for this year on the Bro's? Will there be a special early order thang like last year?
    He who has the most fun wins!

comish - the reason they skied fine for you is that the semi-twinned tail makes the Bros ski like a 183-185, so they really are your preferred length.

It cost us to get everyone who ordered Bros early for $450, but it was so worth it to deliver what we promised as a testament to the good will and faith everyone had in our venture. We are forever grateful to maggots and overwhelmingly pleased with the feedback.

In order to survive, we have had to raise the price to $599 this year, but we will be announcing a maggot early order special pricing of $550 here soon. And we'll be coming back home here to ask everyone what they'd like us to do for the next model.

All you need to is ask what size you want, then PMGear screens it on. Now you have custom sizes.
    Its marketing, don't change the ski, change the label.

Whoever pulls out a tape to see the actuals size.

Why would they make a ski that's identical to the Bro, but a whopping 3 inches shorter?
    vapor lock - bitch.

Short Bro rumors?
    by phUnk
    please keep posting so it says this on the front page al the time

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Put me on the list for something smaller than 188.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by bklyntrayc
    Put me on the list for something smaller than 188.
    Me too. I really hope they come through with the 187 this year.

178 would be my preference.
    "I smell varmint puntang."

this thread will not die...

so while we're at it, how about a twin with the same running length of the 188? Any shorter an the ski wouldn't be as versatile, so you'd probably have to call it a 193 or something.

I haven't mounted mine yet, probably going to be freerides, but if yall had a twin I would pick it up in a heart beat as an every day ski and mount them alpine. The flex and mounting point on my aspen softs seems perfect for that, except I hate kocking my self out when landing/riding fakie, switch or what ever the fuck the kids call it these days. I know it would change the ride some, but how about some limited production twin action? You would appeal to a much larger audiance too, IMHO.
    Last edited by LaramieSkiBum; 08-08-2005 at 08:57 PM.