Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Show me your box.

In light of my experience getting trapped in my own garage, I realized how much time I spend in there. For a skier, a garage is like an inner sanctuary. It is where I store all my gear, where I tune my gear, where I tune friends gear, and where we drink alot of beer. I love my garage. It's like a club house. Here is mine, show me yours...

Here is the overview:

East wall; bike and thule box, skis and surfboard hanging up, flyfishing gear stored here, boxes of more random crap...

My work corner; I have a temporary work bench (engine stand ). Plan on making a better work bench soon.

Close-up of the work bench area and fine mountain-inspired decor.

My prized Fat Tire light sign. Stole it from the bar I worked at once fair-and-square. It was hot too (literally!). It burned a couple holes in my old goretex shell when I wrapped it up to get it out the door...

This place is complete with tunes and a tv/vcr combo (not shown - let a friend borrow it 'till she moves) for watching vids. Lots of fold-out seating (folding camp chairs from Kmart) for the party peoples. We usually hot box the place the night before a trip. With ski wax fumes, duh!

I love my garage. I need a name for it, though. Any suggestions?
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

Nothing pains me more than to say than I am without a garage. As someone with bikes, skis, cars, and the desire and tools to work on all of them, having no garage sucks major ass.

Remember that ad for motor oil, where the guy had this little one story rancher, with an attached garage that towered over the house? That's what I need.

My garage.

And 1/4 of my basement, where I store shit like skis, backpacks, climbing gear, and, occasionally, my dog, but where I also keep my running shoes.

Last edited by Viva; 07-19-2005 at 10:34 PM.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva
    This space reserved for pics of my "box"...if I remember this thread when I get home later today.
    ^^^ Me --> copy cat ^^^

my box is my fucking kitchen table and a shitty vise.

repurposed from surf forum

my storage box in my garage (it's a townhouse)

surfboards left wall, skis right wall, bikes, golf clubs, drums, unused a/c's and turntable cases in the back.
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by 72Twenty
    I love my garage. I need a name for it, though. Any suggestions?
    Pussy Palace
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I can't wait to have a garage...in the meantime my bike sits next to my bed in my tiny ass studio. The skis are in my closet along with random assortment of climbing and biking gear. Helmets and camping gera, ski boots all in this little cupboard right next to my door. But there is something to be said for waking up every morning to face reality and my bike and skis are within view.
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

Shame on you for treating your skis like some unwanted squatters out in the garage.My main pairs are in the living room where I can say hi to them daily.We have lunch together,listen to tunes,watch movies & discuss how hot my date looks while she's in the bathroom.

I'd never disrespect them by letting them languish in a hot,poorly ventilated, dusty garage with the likes of the lawn mower for company.
    Calmer than you dude

Looking forward to pics of AG's and Mr.AG's garage.

Natty will win this thread. No question.

Although, if power tools and scrap materials are considered cool then I might get an honorable mention.

Quote Originally Posted by freshie247
    Shame on you for treating your skis like some unwanted squatters out in the garage.My main pairs are in the living room where I can say hi to them daily.r: no, they're ok but still infectuous I guess
    Wait 'til you're married. That shit don't fly no more.

I do have an antique pair on my wall.... that's as close as I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman
    Looking forward to pics of AG's and Mr.AG's garage.
    With your additions, my garage will be in the running. Who has 3 chainsaws besides me?

Quote Originally Posted by meatdrink9
    Natty will win this thread. No question.
    I have been in Natty's garage, and MD speaks the truth.

But I have the nicest (Lunch)box.

pardon my mess...

generalized multisport gear storage, mostly hunting crap in the yellow closet, decoys/hunting crap down low, camping/skiing up high

fishing stuff, freezer (packed full right now) and painting supplies in the far yellow closet

Workbench:

the wooden blocks on the back wall are my tuning blocks and get screwed to the benchtop

Official Beverage:

edit- I have added a vice to the bench since these were taken.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by freshie247
    Shame on you for treating your skis like some unwanted squatters out in the garage.My main pairs are in the living room where I can say hi to them daily.We have lunch together,listen to tunes,watch movies & discuss how hot my date looks while she's in the bathroom.

I'd never disrespect them by letting them languish in a hot,poorly ventilated, dusty garage with the likes of the lawn mower for company.
    Umm, I'm married. That's why we decided that the garage is "my special place". She does let me hang tasteful framed posters and pictures of the Tetons and Snowy Range in the living room though.
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

Umm, I'm married.
    Is that the wife in your avatar?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    I have been in Natty's garage, and MD speaks the truth.
    Looks quite a bit different boys. AG's may have it up on him now. MAYBE.

I want to see Str8's garage up here. I think he wins.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Umm, I'm married. That's why we decided that the garage is "my special place". She does let me hang tasteful framed posters and pictures of the Tetons and Snowy Range in the living room though.

^^^in the same freaking boat

I even have my old dorm carpet down on my side of the garage. MY SIDE, that is right.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

I actually didn't intend this to be a contest, but hey! Why not?

I just want to see ideas for improvement...

The only thing mine needs is some kind of toilet system. I think my neighbors are getting tired of me opening the door and going around the side to pee.

easy one:

buy gallon of milk jug
    dump milk out
    buy appropriate length of similarly sized radiator hose (bigger better than smaller)
    " " size radiator clamp

cut the bottom of the jug off to form a urinal, clamp on hose, cut hole in wall and screw the urinal onto the wall.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

If I can get my damn camera working I may have a competitive entry in the 'too many god damn toys' category. Can't really compete in the skiing only side though.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy
    easy one:

buy gallon of milk jug
    dump milk out
    buy appropriate length of similarly sized radiator hose (bigger better than smaller)
    " " size radiator clamp

cut the bottom of the jug off to form a urinal, clamp on hose, cut hole in wall and screw the urinal onto the wall.
    You know - I thought about something like that. I have an old beer bong that even has an on/off vlave in it. Just stick it in the corner, and I can shut the valve when not in use to help keep the cold air from coming it (walls are not insulated, I'm on the widy side, and I live in Laramie, Wyoming. It does get rather cold in there in January, so I need all the help I can with keeping what little heat I have in there. I have a little space heater, and I have my "winter shop apron"; an old TNF down jacket that has duct tape reinfocements of the front (leaned too close to the iron a couple times).

WOOHOO! WEEKEND PROJECT IN THE WORKS!