Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Tanner Hall is a little bitch....

I'm so happy that Garnier just stole the show from Tanner.....
    Tanner was celebrating like a little punk after his run like he had won already but Garnier showed him up by going a lot bigger and being so much smoother...
    They hyped up all that 4 peat shit, it was so annoying....and that Sal guy who is the host is a moron - can't put a sentence together....
    Alright thats my bitching for now....

I watched...I laughed.

His run didn't even look that good(not that I could do better or anything).

Tanner = pot head punk. (talented skier I'll give him that but a punk indeed)
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

You know, I'm glad Gagnier won. But give Tanner his due he stomped everything he put up on his run. And don't go starting one of these again: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ghlight=tanner

...ha ha ha!!! that's what you get when you start celebrating with 2 of the best guys still to go
    oh so i guess i'm the asshole!

All those cats were sick, but Tanner got served...and I smiled.

I liked CRs run best, I'm sick of the off axis shit the strait bio 10 was so sick looking if only he could have thrown a Japan air with grab in it it would have been perfect... I'd like to see more lincons and inverts the way corked stuff seems to be getting old. The run this year was kinda crappy no techniqule rails (like the titanic 2 years ago that steele hit and should have won for) and the jumps seemed squashed and fast, nothing to terribly huge or cool looking. But what do I know I can't jib at all.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

i thought jon's run was really sick as well until he fell. i agree w akpm, spinning off axis is cool but cant someone throw in some technical flips and stuff? id rather see some lincolns mixed in then who has the more technical grab on their switch 10.

cant believe I am defending Tanner, but he had just greased a hell of a run, he was stoked.
    ya know when you push the envelope a little & ya make it? I bet you whoop and holla too.
    he seemed pretty sportsman like with the other competitors, hugs and high fives & such.
    Its like saying tiger woods drains a 20 foot putt, pumps his fist.
    Is he celebrating victory prematurely? no he is just stoked.

Thumbs down

This thread sucks.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Quote Originally Posted by 13
    This thread sucks.
    hey,
    my part was righteous ya bastid.
    skiin Alta tomorrow?

Thumbs up

For sure. The herds thin out on Mondaze. You comin' over?
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey
    I'm sick of the off axis shit the strait bio 10 was so sick looking
    AKPM = (oxy)Moron
    "I smell varmint puntang."

Quote Originally Posted by FNG
    AKPM = (oxy)Moron
    Haha, if you didn't call this out, I was about to.

Slopestyle is stagnating in my opinion. They need to give more points for variety, not for unnatural spin directions, who gives a fuck if they spin left and right?

Quote Originally Posted by Air Force Beater
    Haha, if you didn't call this out, I was about to.

Slopestyle is stagnating in my opinion. They need to give more points for variety, not for unnatural spin directions, who gives a fuck if they spin left and right?
    word. 123

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy
    cant believe I am defending Tanner, but he had just greased a hell of a run.
    I quite agree actully when I saw his run I thought "who the hell can beat him"
    and it was nothing like the idiot NFL players who dance every time they do their Job (catch the ball or tackel someone)

Thumbs down

who gives a fuck if they spin left and right?
    Everyone that knows how hard it is to spin to your unnatural side.

Quote Originally Posted by phUnk
    I know how hard it is and I could give a shit which way they spin, I would rather they spin their dominate way and get another rotation in and still have style, THEN GO DO ANOTHER TRICK BESIDES A SPIN WITH A GRAB (NOT TO BE MISCONSTRUED AS DO A DAFFY), SUCH AS A SWITCH FRONT OR SWITCH DOUBLE BACK.

I want this discipline to be as exciting as possible and not turn into a compitition resembling mogul skiing where yes a triple twister spread may be hard, BUT IT LOOKS FUCKING GAY AND I WOULD RATHER SEE SWEET LOOKING JUMPS LIKE MOSELEYS DINNER ROLL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phUnk
    or in my case spin at all

SUCH AS A SWITCH FRONT OR SWITCH DOUBLE BACK.
    That's so 2000.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

I really couldn't care less about the number of rotations, anyone remember the 180 that somebody threw in MTA(think it was at Mt. hood), it was so cool just to see something like that. Just throw a huge slow 180 or 360 with a nice grab To me all the spinny stuff can mask poor style because it distracts your eye, but slow it down and it just looks pretty. I dunno I don't jib so I don't profess to have a clue.......but thats just my $.02

edit

oh btw how hard is throwing a double backflip in relation to something like a bio 9?
    Last edited by laseranimal; 01-30-2005 at 07:33 PM.
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

I like to see style too but my problem is how the rules are for judging. All the competitors have some really stylish shit they could unleash or they could have thrown other tricks like the severly off axis spins with a flip that they have been working on all last summer at the water ramps. But to score high you have to do a cork spin, and then rewind that shit off the next jump and no variation in between. I only saw one rodeo thrown during the broadcast the whole time.

The general public doesn't care that they can spin both ways because it doesn't look any different. I know, and I still don't care. I liked it back when they were doing switch double backs which are pretty risky maneuvers which keeps you interested in watching the whole compitiition. I also would like to see huge slow misties with a sweet grab.

Variety is the spice of life.

Variety is the spice of life.
    So you want them to go back to 1999 or 2000 for variety? There's a reason that no one is doing that kind of stuff anymore and it isn't because it's too hard (not that I can do a switch double backflip). Progression seems to dictate that people are going to continually step up and do harder and harder things. I personally would not watch if they started throwing the stuff you are asking about...

I thought Jon Olson got robbed on his 2nd run.... thought that the deck was being set for the 4-peat. So, glad in the end that somebody other than TH won.

Although JO was wearing a gay, powder blue jacket.

(not that there's anything wrong with that)