Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

PM GEAR - DOUBLE TROUBLE 2 pair ski bag sale

Okay kiddies, another special bargain for the Maggots.

We're offering our Double Trouble ski bag to the Maggots at a special price. Holds 2 pairs of skis (200cm), poles, and lots more. We have very few of these left and they are not being manufactured anymore so we've saved them for you. They're not available anywhere else; not even on our website.

$100 SHIPPING INCLUDED

To buy online, click here

Here's some pics:

To buy online, click here

are these the same as the AJ Kitt bags???

Quote Originally Posted by vinnay
    are these the same as the AJ Kitt bags???
    Yes, they are the AJ Kitt bags. They rock.

Will this accomodate boots also? Thinking two pairs, one tele, one alpine?

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    I just ordered one. After seeing the ease in which Splat comfortably and securely carts around two pairs of skis using this bag I had to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk
    Will this accomodate boots also? Thinking two pairs, one tele, one alpine?
    You could probably fit a pair of boots in there, but I would not really reccomend that. The weight distribution would be weird and difficult to carry. Check out our other Maggot special for a boot bag (click on the link in my post to see it). You can get both bags for $150, shipping included.

urrrrgghhh must resist urge to be a complete pm gear whore. Oh fuckit. When's the KevGauntlet coming out? I may as well try to save on shipping.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I just used mine last week and they are really nice bags. You can also fit snowboards in with skis if you take the bindings off of the boards. Only problem I see is that they are so big you can easily go over weight limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead
    I just used mine last week and they are really nice bags. You can also fit snowboards in with skis if you take the bindings off of the boards. Only problem I see is that they are so big you can easily go over weight limits.
    Yeah, that's a good point with both of these bags. They're sturdy and large enough to cram full of LOTS of gear, which is great if you're just lugging them up to your mountain or strapping them to the back of a snomobile. However, be aware that there is a weight limit for bags if you're flying (~ 50 lbs). I've seen them ignore this before, but if you exceed the limit and they catch it you have to pay an additional charge.

Also, I should state that the Double Trouble does not some with the "rain cover". It's an odd concept and one that we don't really agree with so it is not included because it would unnecessarily raise the price of the bag. You won't miss it, trust me.

**You can also fit THREE pairs of skis in the bag if one pair has no bindings.
    Last edited by Twoplanker; 01-05-2005 at 10:00 AM.

Ordered mine last night.

Quote Originally Posted by thommy21
    Ordered mine last night.
    The bag is on its way. Enjoy and let us know how much you love it.

PLEASE NOTE: ONLY GREEN SKI BAGS ARE LEFT

last weekend i had one pair of 178 G4s with bindings, one pair of 193 NKO's with out bindings, one 164 solomon snowboard with out bindings, one 168 solomon snowboard with bindings, one ski boot, one broken down avalanche shovel, two pairs of poles and my shell and pants in my bag.

there was no more room.
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

I should have had you throw my Bros in the bag. Would have saved some shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by thommy21
    I should have had you throw my Bros in the bag. Would have saved some shipping.
    No can do. The bags ship from a separate location.

Room is not an issue with this thing, but weight was for me. At DIA the woman was sure it was too long (it wasn't) and too heavy. Weight limit was 50 lbs and it came in around 48. Mind you I was carrying 2 pairs of skis, half my gear and all my clothes for a week long trip. I've found that if I put all my essentials (boots, jacket, pants, gloves, etc.) in a carry-on, I can pack the rest in this thing and only have 2 bags, 1 carry-on and 1 check. This is about perfect cause you aren't overloaded w/ bags. Also, if your shit gets lost, you still have the essentials that you couldn't/wouldn't rent.

I should mention that besides the lady at DIA (she had an unusually low tolerance for, well....people), nobody's even mentioned weight. If I had one complaint it would be the fact that it's too long for my short ass skis. However, that extra length provides ample room for just about anything you could imagine. It's kinda fun to see how much stuff you can pack in. After reading gonzo's checklist, it looks like I've got a lot of work to do.

Question for PMGear peeps. Somewhere between DIA and Columbus I managed to get a hole in this thing. Any suggestions on how to patch it?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley
    Room is not an issue with this thing, but weight was for me. At DIA the woman was sure it was too long (it wasn't) and too heavy. Weight limit was 50 lbs and it came in around 48. Mind you I was carrying 2 pairs of skis, half my gear and all my clothes for a week long trip. I've found that if I put all my essentials (boots, jacket, pants, gloves, etc.) in a carry-on, I can pack the rest in this thing and only have 2 bags, 1 carry-on and 1 check. This is about perfect cause you aren't overloaded w/ bags. Also, if your shit gets lost, you still have the essentials that you couldn't/wouldn't rent.

I should mention that besides the lady at DIA (she had an unusually low tolerance for, well....people), nobody's even mentioned weight. If I had one complaint it would be the fact that it's too long for my short ass skis. However, that extra length provides ample room for just about anything you could imagine. It's kinda fun to see how much stuff you can pack in. After reading gonzo's checklist, it looks like I've got a lot of work to do.

Question for PMGear peeps. Somewhere between DIA and Columbus I managed to get a hole in this thing. Any suggestions on how to patch it?
    What's the nature of this hole? Complete carnage or possibly a defect of some sort? If the latter, PM me and we'll take care of you. If it's the former, then still PM me and we'll work something out.

I'll PM you too, but I just wanted to clarify to anyone reading that the hole was NOT a defect. Clearly a case of mishandling by the airline. Also, it's nothing major, just something that needs to be dealt with eventually.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley
    Wow. That's the first hole any of these bags have gotten punched in them. You should hammer the airline on that. Coverage is $1200 max and it covers handling damage. Call and get the forms. In the meantime, I'd suggest a heavy material patch sewn on with a little fabric glue for good measure.

I used mine last week...worked out well, the wheels are money rolling through the airport. I fit a pair of 200cm AK Rockets and a pair of 217 DH skis in my bag! Highly recommended.
    Support your local lurker!

Ordered mine this afternoon! Looks like an awesome bag!

Do you have any Idea how long it will take to ship? I could really use it before next Saturday, if ya know what I mean . (thats the 15th).
    "I just looked down to see if I was wearing my seatbelt, and I'm sitting at my desk in my room."
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/owencaprell/

You should have it by then.

GONZ: That's the most intense packing job I've ever heard for that bag!

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    It's here! I ordered mine late Tuesday night and it is already here (Friday.)
    Impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Vets
    It's here! I ordered mine late Tuesday night and it is already here (Friday.)
    Impressive!
    Maggot-speed.

bumpbumpbump