Page 192 of 822 FirstFirst ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 20533
    Quote Originally Posted by hemas View Post
    Indeed...

Good to see the Pyrenees getting sum.

Last Easter wasn't that good in the Eastern parts, and the gashes on my skibase prove it.

Oh, and pick up the white XXL courtecy room phone and drag yer arse to TTips.
    Yeah, I saw that thread. Either the dude is going to buy them or not. They're great skis, and would make a perfect quiver of one, but I don't know what more to add to that conversation (aside from contradicting the dude that says they don't carve well ).

So is no one going to be in Saas Fee or Zermatt? coverage looks great on the webcams...

Powder (or p@wder), if you're coming with your missus, mrs horizon is also a beginner skier, they may share some turns.

Huck Schmuck, I PM'd you.

(I'm almost glad that those lifts in Spain aren't working, too long a drive from here)
    You really need to stop knowing WTF you're talking about. (Tippster)

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    So is no one going to be in Saas Fee or Zermatt? coverage looks great on the webcams...

Powder (or p@wder), if you're coming with your missus, mrs horizon is also a beginner skier, they may share some turns.

(I'm almost glad that those lifts in Spain aren't working, too long a drive from here)
    My ex-GF in Zermatt says things are pretty white there. I may hike for a turn or 2 in Andermatt tomorrow. Looks like there is still snow up high.

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post

Masella opens tomorrow, in the next weekend, Formigal could opens too. I think most of the resorts will open on 22/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Huck_Schmuck View Post
    Looks like I should get a ski hoiday! Are the lifts running? What is the snow really like... come come tell all. Por favor.

People tempted with Verbier this weekend / next weekend:

I'll ask the Mrs if she can arsed to open the chalet for a mini summit. Let me know if we have any takers... a few ChF to cover laundry (or bring your own - dirt bags!), then chip in whatever for whatever you use... ie use the Sauna, Hot Tub then please chuck some coin our way to cover the costs!
    Yoy will have a report on monday

Only 7 hours 12 minutes from GE...how much snow is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowhead View Post
    Masella opens tomorrow, in the next weekend, Formigal could opens too. I think most of the resorts will open on 22/11.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

People tempted with Verbier this weekend / next weekend:

I'll ask the Mrs if she can arsed to open the chalet for a mini summit. Let me know if we have any takers... a few ChF to cover laundry (or bring your own - dirt bags!), then chip in whatever for whatever you use... ie use the Sauna, Hot Tub then please chuck some coin our way to cover the costs!
    Like I said, I'm out this weekend but would be in for that next weekend. Early season summit sounds cool

The Mrs / Boss / Fun Police is happy to open the chalet for this weekend and next.

Just to cover costs she's said £50 / 95 ChF / 65 Euro per person per night for bed and breakfast if anyone wants to stay - see below for full details!
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride

Damn, Baq/Beret looking goooood. Might have to return there this year!
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    Only 7 hours 12 minutes from GE...how much snow is there?
    They reported 30-80cm, only 20km open. They prepared the resort in 3-4 days only.

Boí taull reports 80-180cm, but they don't open until 29/12

I'll be at Verb this morning with my rocks skis (very small, skinny dyny omnicarve 10s). Will ask for change from a nickle

Quote Originally Posted by p@wder View Post
    I'll be at Verb this morning with my rocks skis (very small, skinny dyny omnicarve 10s). Will ask for change from a nickle
    You will get strange looks for many reason.

Maybe we can have a Euro version of change for a nickle? Suggestions welcome.

Whitedot Freeride

You will get strange looks for many reason.

Maybe we can have a Euro version of change for a nickle? Suggestions welcome.
    "What does Sweden look like on a Euro?"

:-)
    Looking for the next turn..

Hehe, good one Teo!

Would be sweet with a smaller briefing on Verbier status from the people skiing the place... I'm going there over X-mas and New Year, def. hoping for some pow, which I didn't get much of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlE View Post
    Hehe, good one Teo!

Would be sweet with a smaller briefing on Verbier status from the people skiing the place... I'm going there over X-mas and New Year, def. hoping for some pow, which I didn't get much of last year.
    well the outlook for christmas day looks pretty nice at the moment, about 30cm of new snow falling between 23-24.12., light winds. it will then be dry until new year, 1.1.2009 will be a glorious pow day with no competition for first tracks since all the scandis are still partying.

and to move on to another topic, conditions in austria arent that good but we still managed to get a nice tour in today. klar will probably be posting some pics soon..(just to show off, ofc)
    Last edited by keksie; 11-09-2008 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keksie View Post
    klar will probably be posting some pics of me soon..(just to show off, ofc)
    slut.

Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Hover skis? Sweet!

Whitedot Freeride

so how was verbier? was it skiable to ruinettes?

we decided to go to G3000 at the last minute. everyone was bailing on my end except for mclovin, so we took the touring skis up. didn't really need to skin since they had a nice closed ungroomed piste that was about a 5 minute hike. snow was nice over-the-ski blower

What/where is G3000? Is this a nickname, or lift name? I though I knew most of the ski areas around here?

Quote Originally Posted by jwolter7 View Post
    What/where is G3000? Is this a nickname?
    I heard it's your hot mom's nickname among this community.

A joke I was told, from a Norwegian guy while still in the US went something like this...

What's the difference between a American and a dog???

Nothing, both can only speak one language, and yet seem happy....

I wag my tail everytime I remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I heard it's your hot mom's nickname among this community.
    Just because I live in Crans.... Does not mean my local girlfriend could be mistaken for my mom.

Cougers sur Sierre, viva!

Quote Originally Posted by jwolter7 View Post
    What/where is G3000? Is this a nickname, or lift name? I though I knew most of the ski areas around here?
    http://www.glacier3000.ch

it's part of gstaad and les diablerets domains.

Verbier was good. Horizon stayed at ours, nice to finally meet him and his wife. Snow was pretty good. LDV open and you could ski down to Ruinettes easily. I took a few photos of Horizon on his camera. He went on to Cervinia last night!

G3000 looks nice dude!

Whitedot Freeride

Hi Gav, good to see ya yesterday. And yes, verb was unbelievably packed as usual, no chance at all to ski in peace. You that got these aosta or cham season passes including verb should better cancel this verb option from your list, the spot is useless.

right, Gav ;-) ?