2 Million Feet of Climbing

2 Million Feet of Climbing

It's just a number.I could barley pass grade 10 Math.But I can keep track of my vertical feet on my watch. You just press the button and you go and go day after day.To reach that number of 1 million.

Some kind of obsession I started after reading about a mountain biker by the name of Mark Weir who climbed 1 million feet in a calendar year.As well Reudi Beglinger did it back country skiing.Many Tour de France riders hit the mark and didn't even notice. Since I get bored just doing one activity.I figured I would combine the two.My two favorite activities.I can do endlessly for hours and hours at a time.

There's nothing like living in the moment.Once you get past the first half an hour.You are in the mode.The hard part is getting the motivation to slog up some slope or pedal up a trail.

Most of the climbing was done in the Cascades and the Coast mountains.Notorious for heinous approaches.Where bushwhacking and long flat approaches are the norm.I completed 1 million last year.I kept at it once again and hit 2 million in less than two years.

Photos by: Mike Traslin, Jason Hummel

Rider/Skier;Andy Traslin

Congrats on the accomplishment. Google "Greg Hill" or perhaps "Greg Hill 2mil" for some additional inspiration.

FKNA. Nice work.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Congrats! Hard won i'm sure. Any big goals for the upcoming year?

Thanks! Have fun out there!

Mostly beer farts and beer hockey...

Good one!

No easy task fitting full time work at the same time....I assume you used the number more as motivation to get out there?

Nice work! I'm sure there were a lot of great descents along the way.

nice work. i was thinking this was greg hill when i read the thread title.

does your girl wear that medal everyday or justr for photo ops??? and who is the girl and what is the medal for??

Man, FKNA nice work. Heard about the accomplishment this morning on CBC!
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

That is Ashley Mcivor... Olympic Gold Medallist in womens's Ski cross...

good god man!
    "In those moments that most people say I can't, most people say self preservation, most people say what if?... We say "What if?" the other way. What if you land it? What if it is possible?" - Travis Pastrana

"I'll ski that line with no turns" -Shane McConkey

Thanks for that!

Cheers....