Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Salomon Warranty/Contact (Quest 12)

Hello,
    I got new Salomon Quest 12 ski boots, and as I was buckling them up, one buckle got broken.

Now I need to get new buckle. Have you got any suggestions?

How can I contact Salomon, or how can I get new buckle or something.

Thanks

ha, got to a local shop?

Get your money back before you end up like Thin Cover vvvvv. These boots are falling apart like a Will Farrell movie plot.

[ame="http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191256"]Salomon Quest Failure[/ame]
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

another thing is that alpine sole is flexing to sides - not holding to boot very well. What should I get? I have shin pain issue so I need good boots with good shin tongue. Maybe Kaos? Help me

This Salomon boot is a fucking train wreck.

ditto

It'd be funny if someone hadn't already been hurt.
    Last edited by neck beard; 12-21-2010 at 08:06 AM.
    Life is not lift served.

What boots should I get then?? Please help

basically you could do better with a pair of rear entry boots from a dumpster then a salomon quest
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by kotva531 View Post
    What boots should I get then?? Please help
    [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137151"]the answer to "WTF is wrong with my boots?" - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

Hello,
    I got new Salomon Quest 12 ski boots, and as I was buckling them up, one buckle got broken.

Thanks

Holy shit- so it's official I guess... Every piece of metal on the boots except for the rivets have now broken.

Who the fuck is making their castings??? Anyone?? Bueller???

What a fantastically infamous huge piece of shit.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

I must have been extremely stupid fcuk to buy these. I have tried them on Salomon Demo day in March and I liked them. Now I regret. I wanted boot with possibility of touring because I got marker dukes for my hellbents. But I want a boot that wouldn't cause me shin pain.

It's like they made a boot out of Saltine crackers and said that it was the most bomber boot in history. This boot fails so hard at so many things.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Only one question remains - did soloman draw the plans for this boot on the back of a dennys menu in four colors of crayon?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I must have been extremely stupid fcuk to buy these. I have tried them on Salomon Demo day in March and I liked them. Now I regret. I wanted boot with possibility of touring because I got marker dukes for my hellbents. But I want a boot that wouldn't cause me shin pain.
    Don't beat yourself up dood... A lot of people bought them. Some are happy with them, some have paid dearly for using it. It seems to be a roll-the-dice kind of thing at this point, but I think it's safe to say that the metal castings they used on this generation boot are absolute dogshit.

Black diamond? No problems. Scarpa? Practically flawless. Dalbello? Shit, they even put extra hinges all over the place and their boot is holding up far better. Somehow the Quest boot has managed several ways to break- not out of extreme use but easy things like buckling the boots, making a turn or walking down stairs. Unacceptable in my book.

Good luck finding a replacement, but shin pain of more of a function of boot fit so be sure to see a quality bootfitter! Thanks for sharing the story and pics.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Hey! At least it comes with extra long shoe laces.
    Life is not lift served.

Jesus fucking christ......I've always worn Solly boots as they fit my wide as shit feet the best out of the box and require minimal fucking with, but wow.......

I've got probably another season or 2 left on my current boots and after that I'll have to be high on PCP to consider even trying on a pair of their boots after all this shit....

Salomon factory workers casting Qwest 12 tech inserts

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Hello,

Thanks
    Holy fucking shit that's the exact same thing that happened to me within 5 hours of skiing on these things. Fucking solly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Salomon factory workers casting Qwest 12 tech inserts

except what that doesn't show is that they got the tech inserts by sweeping all those sparks together into something as sturdy as tinfoil, and placing in on top of a piece of plastic and just going on hopes and dreams that it would hold up. dumb fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Holy fucking shit. Who the hell does quality control on these things? They should get fired immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Knipping12 View Post
    Holy fucking shit that's the exact same thing that happened to me within 5 hours of skiing on these things. Fucking solly.

no way dude, these things are BOMBER

Kotva, when did you buy these? Curious if these are 1st or 2nd gen.

Take a look / picture at the walk mode lever -- is it rounded at the bottom or 90 degrees?

If it's rounded it's 2nd gen. Just wondering if most of the issues are with the 1st gen boots released early 2010 or if this is plaguing the redesign as well.

Pics of the alpine blocks moving? Can you show this?
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Hello,
    This happened to me yesterday. Piece of shit. I know I'm not the only one in Whistler this has happened to either, the Salomon store guys seemed to expect it almost. And they have zero replacement parts. Good work guys. I had an old Solly Pro Model Buckle and Ladder riveted into place instead, kept the Quest lever. So far I think it's an improvement. Might rip the other one off too instead of getting a replacement.

Next year's Quest 14 boot fails the exact same way!

I bought the quest 12 boot this winter. It's a nice boot for skiing pow and some touring. Unfortunately one of the top clips broke on the third day I used it. I was annoyed but reported the issue to Salomon who very kindly gave me next year's quest 14 boot, which they said was more robust. It is a better boot as it's a bit stiffer. Unfortunately the clip also broke on the quest 14.

It's quite important for boots like these (that will be used away from the pistes) that they are highly reliable. Making one boot that is not reliable is unacceptable, making the same mistakes two years in a row is unforgivable.

more pics here http://www.flickr.com/photos/lee_cia...986221/detail/

Who do they think uses these things? Clearly the buckle is the exact same design. Glad I went with Factors.