Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Arrow New concept: Salomon BBR

Salomon introduces a new one ski quiver ski: The BBR. Said to be designed by Bertrand Krafft, the shaper behind the XScream Series and the Pocket Rocket.

MikeD tweeted about it yesterday. Read more here:
    http://www.skinet.com/skiing/article...ounces-new-bbr

What do you think?

I looked at a pair today. The proof is in the skiing - which I have not done - but in this day of fatter modern rockered ski design I find it hard to take this thing seriously. Seems like a nonsense marketing design to me.

gunit130 Guest
    Saw this at Vail Sports the other day. Looks pretty small actually. And stiff.

looks skinny with too much sidecut.
    Old's Cool.

Hahaaa!!

me think ski funny!!!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Matching anal beads included for free!!!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Looks like Salomon has been hanging out with Atomic a bit too long - I spy the next Metron.

^^^No shit. I was thinking that as well. Can't wait to see a bunch of ski instructors rocking these.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Looks like a bad flashback to me
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by rludes025 View Post
    Looks like a bad flashback to me
    But according to the marketing spew on the display stand it has a patented shape!

Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    But according to the marketing spew on the display stand it has a patented shape!
    Add a pintail to an SCX and pantent that shit boys. I gonna sell a million of these things over on Epic. [/Bertrand Krafft thought]
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I think this ski is this kids pro model, or something like that:
    bumps are for poor people

hopefully this ski won't snap in two or have its edges pull out during at turn like some other recent Salomon product
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

I just found this: The BBR (Dimensions 147-88-102, Lengths 166/176/186)

May not be so bad. It has a good allround width and a pintail. It may blend the ride characteristics of a S7 type ski (which also has tons of sidecut) with a waist width for when there's no new snow.

But who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    I just found this: The BBR (Dimensions 147-88-102, Lengths 166/176/186)
    That thing has a tip as wide as a s7 with an 88 waist..... I will let you try them

Soft snow slalom turns yeah...

Formerly Rludes025

what's that, a 1/2 m turn radius? Fuck solly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Looks like the perfect dimensions........for a ski that doesn't work well anywhere.

Looks like a skinny Shaman. Similar sidecut, 160-110-130.

This is ridiculous! I can't wait to demo some... Doubt I'll ever buy something that skinny again but hey, with those dim's, it'd be one funnnn ride! hahaha

I'm gonna demo them for kicks - Footloose at Mammoth has a single ski standing on a display - and they claim they'll have some for demo by Christmas. Sounds to me like a lame marketing stunt is being pulled as well - supposedly only 80 pairs being shipped to the entire U.S. this season. Some kind of crap to create artificial scarcity.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Yes, better is what I meant. I've got a friend who's a buyer at a shop and he told me that that there's something pretty new and innovative coming out from a brand next year but he wouldn't tell me who it was or what exactly it was. He said it would totally revolutionize rocker construction... Hopefully I'll find out soon
    Maybe this is it? Looks like utter and total marketing drivel to me.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Hahaha those are fugly! Even the topsheet is insanely ugly. "Yeh brah lets kinda make the tips look like a surfboard but the rest kinda likes skis yeah man bamboo totally awesome yeah dude look ima call the the office right away yeah man super nice new protos sweet yeah dude working on the design few winters yeah man totally revolutionary yeah dude skis like nothing else totally man these are siick man"

Sounds like the same idea as the Zag Gold (140-93-112). I think the Zag 84 worked pretty well (134-84-113) for cruising around as long as you didn't go too fast and it's definitely fun. I tried the Zag Gold which stiffened up a bit and got fatter and it lost all of the fun of the 84 w/out adding any performance.

Oh, and Zag did tip rocker long before anyone else.
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

I saw these at Sunday Riv and then at Killington. Looks like an interested design. When I saw it the first thing I thought was "holy shit this looks like a combo of a surf board, water ski and freaky powder slalom ski."

I saw a guy skiing them at Killington, he looked a douchey shop rat who couldn't be bothered.

knowing Solly... they are going to put a recommended mounting line then recommend that people mount +4 from the line.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA